Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Christopher O'Neill: June 8, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

We certainly do not wish to see our Princess on any picnics having wine from a Tetrapack wine-box.

:lol:

I just HAD to laugh at THAT one!

"Your" princess seems to be well and truly satisfied with the British-American gent she chose as her spouse, and vice versa.

That being the situation, it might not be a bad idea for you to avoid the Net, newspapers, TV news shows, etc., where it's not out of the realm of possibility that you might one day run across pics of and/or stories about Maddie being on a picnic "having wine from a . . . wine-box."

Just in case she falls off the Royal wagon and decides to indulge herself in this pastime, that is!

;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
...some sipped info:

The late night dinner was of course "full of" Americans, and no Royal dinner can be recorded on video and/or broadcasted on TV, or elsewhere, if a number of the attendants have the /ˈkərtəsē/ of asking:

–Do you have red instead of white wine? ....during a 5 course meal (with one specific, carefully selected Royal wine to each specific Royal taster in the menu).

In practice, this created problems because even the Royal waiters suddenly didn't know what to do, ...and no surprise that Maddie feels stiff in front of all her better knowledgeable Royalties. Of course it is charming, to some extent.. I just hope that the classes are scheduled. We certainly do not wish to see our Princess on any picnics having wine from a Tetrapack wine-box.

Madeleine wanted to keep the wedding as private as possible and had to be convinced by her father to even have the ceremony televised, so allowing press coverage of the reception was never really in the cards and it had nothing to do with the guests' wine preferences.

As for Madeleine drinking from a Tetra Pak, well that would be kind of patriotic, right?

Reactions: vee
As for Madeleine drinking from a Tetra Pak, well that would be kind of patriotic, right?

I have gotten a couple of REALLY good laughs in here, today!!!

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Hello Beautygab, Welcome! I am a bit confused about your above comments. Are you saying that the reason they didn't film the reception is because the American guests would have embarrassed the RF by asking for wines that were not specifically selected for each course or that Madeleine would have embarrassed her family by asking for wines not selected? Either way, this doesn't make sense to me. Pairing fine wines with various courses in a formal dinner is not exclusive to Royal families, nor is it exclusive to Europe. We enjoy this experience in America as well, and no....we are not speaking of "boxed" wines. Americans embrace the fine art of tasting fine quality wine as much as Europeans and of course the wealthy can afford to have the best and often do. Madeleine and Chris' friends are educated and wealthy, and by all appearances move among the sophisticated classes of the world. It is unlikely they would embarrass their hosts or the Palace Sommelier by asking for wines not being offered during a formal dinner course.

As for Madeleine....she was born and raised Royal. She has attended formal dinners her entire life where Royalty and important people around the world are present. She would be the last person to need lessons on how to conduct herself in such a setting.

...well, it was not a statement to make anyone offended and I am sorry if anyone took it that way. I certainly believe there are as many US citizens as any other citizens that know how to behave during formal dinners. Personally, I have no interest what so ever in those kind of discussions, so let's leave the nationalistic opinions aside. Actually, I have no info if it was a person from South or North America.

However, if you think asking for "asking for wines not being offered during a formal dinner course" is embarrassing then you probably think the sipped romour is as interesting in the US as here in Europe, and you would ...maybe wonder whom it was, or where it came from, ...or you would just say that it is complete nonsense. Or..?

..and YES TetraPak is a Swedish invention. We are happy to drink lots from it. It pays for our retirements as well as the Royal house here in Sweden via the tax system from where the arbitrage is coming.
:)

...some sipped info:

The late night dinner was of course "full of" Americans, and no Royal dinner can be recorded on video and/or broadcasted on TV, or elsewhere, if a number of the attendants have the /ˈkərtəsē/ of asking:

–Do you have red instead of white wine? ....during a 5 course meal (with one specific, carefully selected Royal wine to each specific Royal taster in the menu).

In practice, this created problems because even the Royal waiters suddenly didn't know what to do, ...and no surprise that Maddie feels stiff in front of all her better knowledgeable Royalties.

this made me laugh! :) where did you hear this happened?
poor thing, who wanted red wine instead.... :lol:

I think there is a tendency among some royal watchers to be more, shall we say... particular about the correct procedure than the royals themselves are.

I remember with glee a live coverage of a major royal event in DK. Where an etiquette expert explained that in royal circles, one certainly did not bang their glasses together when giving a toast - like the common riff-raff do.
And as on cue, a torrent of clings and clangs were heard, as the royals did exactly that. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: vee
I think there is a tendency among some royal watchers to be more, shall we say... particular about the correct procedure than the royals themselves are.

I remember with glee a live coverage of a major royal event in DK. Where an etiquette expert explained that in royal circles, one certainly did not bang their glasses together when giving a toast - like the common riff-raff do.
And as on cue, a torrent of clings and clangs were heard, as the royals did exactly that. :lol:

..so you mean there is a Royal "riff-raff" in Denmark? What:ohmy:!!

..so you mean there is a Royal "riff-raff" in Denmark? What:ohmy:!!

You are jesting of course. :)

There are as far as I know no royal riff raff in DK. There are however royals in DK who are mere mortals and behave just like ordinary people and sometimes adopt the costums of ordinary people. - Like the Regent Couple drinking a beer from the bottle in public.

There are also etiquette experts in DK who seems to be of the opinion that royals live a life where they adhere to the proper etiquette as if their life depended on it.

Should one of the guests at the wedding have asked: "Can I have a claret, please, instead of the red wine"? I think royals witnessing this may at worst have found it amusing, while some non-royals would have curled their toes back to the heels.

In short: I don't think you will find many snobs among the royals and I don't believe Madeleine is one either and I don't think she would have been particular concerned about any uncultured manners among her guests, and certainly not on that day.

Last edited:
It was a joke. ...and I love work too, it absolutely fascinates me as well. I can sit for hours looking at people working. – but poor Palace Sommelier that had to run to the monopoly store for more wine. God save the Queen of Denmark! ..I would date her for a beer from the bottle in public!

...well, it was not a statement to make anyone offended and I am sorry if anyone took it that way. I certainly believe there are as many US citizens as any other citizens that know how to behave during formal dinners. Personally, I have no interest what so ever in those kind of discussions, so let's leave the nationalistic opinions aside. Actually, I have no info if it was a person from South or North America.

However, if you think asking for "asking for wines not being offered during a formal dinner course" is embarrassing then you probably think the sipped romour is as interesting in the US as here in Europe, and you would ...maybe wonder whom it was, or where it came from, ...or you would just say that it is complete nonsense. Or..?

..and YES TetraPak is a Swedish invention. We are happy to drink lots from it. It pays for our retirements as well as the Royal house here in Sweden via the tax system from where the arbitrage is coming.
:)

No, I don't find it particularly interesting and Yes, I do believe it is complete nonsense.

It was a joke. ...and I love work too, it absolutely fascinates me as well. I can sit for hours looking at people working. – but poor Palace Sommelier that had to run to the monopoly store for more wine. God save the Queen of Denmark! ..I would date her for a beer from the bottle in public!

So now the Palace Sommelier who is an expert and in control of a vast cellar at the Palace with a substantial selection of wines had to stop everything in the middle of a Royal Wedding reception to run to a store to get more wine? :lol:

This is sounding more unbelievable by the moment....:whistling:

So now the Palace Sommelier who is an expert and in control of a vast cellar at the Palace with a substantial selection of wines had to stop everything in the middle of a Royal Wedding reception to run to a store to get more wine? :lol:

This is sounding more unbelievable by the moment....:whistling:

It can be expected that the Drottningholm have a wine cellar in the basement. You are perfectly right. Also, the monopoly store is only open until 5 pm...

The wedding was perfect...with much emotions from the bride and groom, especially ...
Estelle just add more cuteness to all :)
And I also like the great tribute to Madeleine's dukedom - She is Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, and the last part in the church with the violins ii some march from Hälsingland (also the players wore traditional dresses from Hälsingland):flowers:

Great tribute and wonderful idea .... all wedding was spectacular, pity that we don't have little footage from the party at Drottninghom Palace :)

Last edited:
Maddie and Chris had a magical day!

SHE looked absolutely amazing, and HE did, too, because he wore his heart on his sleeve as regards his feelings for her!

And yep, I, too, LOVED the recessional as the violinists played. Thanks, MagMil, for the info about the tune being a salute to Halsingland, and how the musicians wore traditional Halsingland outfits.

I'm glad the King was able to talk Maddie into allowing her wedding to be televised. It would have been such a shame to have missed her and Chris' wonderful day!

Last edited:
has anyone been able to figure out why Princess Charlene didn't wear any jewelry at all? She also looked so sad

Singing Children

Love the singing children!!!!!
io

Hi,...I don't know about Swedish wedding traditions.

Could somebody tell me those adorable kids? What are they singing? Are they professional singers?
Thanks for any information...:flowers:

io

Hi,...I don't know about Swedish wedding traditions.

Could somebody tell me those adorable kids? What are they singing? Are they professional singers?
Thanks for any information...:flowers:

The children were from Adolf Fredrik's Music School. Three years ago a children choir from Adolf Fredrik's Music School sang at the end of the concert for Victoria and Daniel a day before their wedding.
And another similarity: At Victoria's and Daniel's wedding Daniel's relatives played folk music at the stairs of the church when the guests, Victoria and Daniel came to the church, now the young musicians played folk music when Madeleine and Chris left the church.

A HQ of the photo at the Drottningholm stairs
http://imageupper.com/s03/1/5/N13712755341163108_1.jpg

From the website of the Swedish Defence Forces, video and photos
Försvarsmakten kantade brudparets väg - Försvarsmakten

Videos from TV4

The guests arriving
Här kommer bröllopsgästerna - TV4 Play
The royal family arriving
Se kungafamiljen anlända till kyrkan - TV4 Play

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi was wondering if there was any articles about a lip reader who knew what madeleine and chris were saying to each other during the wedding?

Did we ever get a shot of Chris and Madeleine bowing/curtsying to Carl Gustaf before they processed out of the church?

I haven't seen any photos of that and it wasn't shown at the SVT live coverage.
We didn't see Chris bowing to the king when the king arrived with Madeleine to the chapel either.

As far as I know they aren´t aunt and niece. Giulia is the granddaughter of Silvia´s brother Ralf and Vivien is the daughter of Silvia´s brother Jörg.

So Vivien is Giulia's aunt in the second line, so called.

Back
Top Bottom