The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Nobility

http://www.economist.com/cities/brie...fm?city_id=DUB

Another perspective on the happy couple.

Old 05-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

Is she pregnant? She looks heavier, but it could be a. the fact that her hair is less blond; b. the unstylish length of the skirt; or c. the too big suit!

Old 05-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by Aneca@May 3rd, 2004 - 1:13 pm
Thanks for the photos Dennis. What's the occasion?

Cheers
It must be horse-related event...
=============

She looks darker..is this her true complexion because she is not putting that much make up especially the powder....

The blue color is fine on her..the cut of the suit is good on her from the top but not the lower part...
Old 05-03-2004, 05:41 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@May 3rd, 2004 - 3:15 pm
Is she pregnant? She looks heavier, but it could be a. the fact that her hair is less blond; b. the unstylish length of the skirt; or c. the too big suit!
The same thing crossed my mind. P. Haya looks pregnant. Notice in most of the shots she discretely "hides" her tummy behind S. Mohammed. What would be the repercussions if P/ Haya were to have a child before the "official" wedding ceremony planned for later this year.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Courtier

I highly doubt that there will be any repercussions...Sure, there will be rumors (assuming she is pregnant) but no right-minded man will open his mouth if he wants to keep his life Accusing the royal family of indeceny is harshly punished in Jordan as I'm sure it is in the UAE.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga+May 3rd, 2004 - 4:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ May 3rd, 2004 - 4:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@May 3rd, 2004 - 3:15 pm
Is she pregnant? She looks heavier, but it could be a. the fact that her hair is less blond; b. the unstylish length of the skirt; or c. the too big suit&#33;
The same thing crossed my mind. P. Haya looks pregnant. Notice in most of the shots she discretely "hides" her tummy behind S. Mohammed. What would be the repercussions if P/ Haya were to have a child before the "official" wedding ceremony planned for later this year. [/b][/quote]
Assuming she is pregnant, there will be no repercussions because they are already married as the marriage contract is signed AND Islamically, they are fine.

Most Arab muslims still prefer to have babies after the wedding party even if they sign the marriage contract before that but if pregnancy occurs, no one should normally blame because again the marriage contract is there...
Old 05-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble+May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette
Quote:
@May 3rd, 2004 - 3:15 pm
Is she pregnant? She looks heavier, but it could be a. the fact that her hair is less blond; b. the unstylish length of the skirt; or c. the too big suit&#33;

The same thing crossed my mind. P. Haya looks pregnant. Notice in most of the shots she discretely "hides" her tummy behind S. Mohammed. What would be the repercussions if P/ Haya were to have a child before the "official" wedding ceremony planned for later this year.
Assuming she is pregnant, there will be no repercussions because they are already married as the marriage contract is signed AND Islamically, they are fine.

Most Arab muslims still prefer to have babies after the wedding party even if they sign the marriage contract before that but if pregnancy occurs, no one should normally blame because again the marriage contract is there... [/b][/quote]
Ah, yes, but for her to be &#39;showing&#39; so soon after the nikah, she obviously must have had pre-marital relations (assuming she is pregnant). That&#39;s not Islamically okay. If true, the gossips in Amman will have a field day&#33;
Old 05-03-2004, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@May 3rd, 2004 - 5:45 pm
I highly doubt that there will be any repercussions...Sure, there will be rumors (assuming she is pregnant) but no right-minded man will open his mouth if he wants to keep his life Accusing the royal family of indeceny is harshly punished in Jordan as I&#39;m sure it is in the UAE.
you mean like decapitation in a public place

Old 05-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean.~+May 3rd, 2004 - 4:56 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ May 3rd, 2004 - 4:56 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette
Quote:
Quote:

Most Arab muslims still prefer to have babies after the wedding party even if they sign the marriage contract before that but if pregnancy occurs, no one should normally blame because again the marriage contract is there...
Ah, yes, but for her to be &#39;showing&#39; so soon after the nikah, she obviously must have had pre-marital relations (assuming she is pregnant). That&#39;s not Islamically okay. If true, the gossips in Amman will have a field day&#33; [/b][/quote]
Yes, you are right...but I assumed that pregnancy, if she really is, happened after they signed the marriage contract. if NOT, then...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Hmmmm....this has been my suspicion all along. It would explain the quick, secretive, hurried nature of everything.

Sure they are will be married BEFORE the birth of the child but the conception will be a whole &#39;nother matter.

Also from my own personal experience-it takes about 3-4months to be showing when pregnant with first child. All subsequent pregnancy&#39;s show earlier.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
you mean like decapitation in a public place
No. I meant more along the lines of jail time. It is written in Jordanian law that you cannot insult the King or the royal family. I&#39;m assuming there is something similar in Emriti law. In any case, I doubt the pregnancy rumor will be commented upon by either the media or the elites of society.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble+May 3rd, 2004 - 6:04 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ May 3rd, 2004 - 6:04 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean.~@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:56 pm
Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, yes, but for her to be &#39;showing&#39; so soon after the nikah, she obviously must have had pre-marital relations (assuming she is pregnant). That&#39;s not Islamically okay. If true, the gossips in Amman will have a field day&#33;
Yes, you are right...but I assumed that pregnancy, if she really is, happened after they signed the marriage contract. if NOT, then... [/b][/quote]
you mean he took her innocence away :woot:

Old 05-03-2004, 07:12 PM

I don&#39;t think she is pregnant. Why would they get married this late if she were? I am sure they would have tried to avoid a scandal. Since they got married last month, they could have gotten married earlier. But she has put on weight I think.

I think Haya&#39;s outfit is really grand-motherly, and that is probably because she is trying to dress a little bit more conservatively. I would probably have gone for a something that would have covered those legs.

She does look really happy though, doesn&#39;t she?
Old 05-03-2004, 08:56 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeiela@May 3rd, 2004 - 6:12 pm
She does look really happy though, doesn&#39;t she?
You&#39;re right. P. Haya looks very happy. But no one could even tickle S. Mohammed to at least break a smile. He looks like he took a bath in vinegar. Maybe the weather was chilly or something...
Old 05-03-2004, 09:37 PM

maybe she&#39;s Happy cause she has a Lil billionaire growing inside of her

she&#39;s been a bad girl,grandpa&#39;s gonna punish her again and again &#33;&#33;
Old 05-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by lunara@May 3rd, 2004 - 9:37 pm
she&#39;s been a bad girl,grandpa&#39;s gonna punish her again and again &#33;&#33;
This comment is really quite inappropriate. I do not want to see comments such as this again. Please discuss this matter as mature adults and not dwell on Haya&#39;s husband&#39;s age in a superficial way by calling him "grandpa."

The discussion of Haya&#39;s husband&#39;s age is fine, but in a mature and intelligent way. And as far as I am concerned, calling him "grandpa" is neither of these things.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:51 PM

Quote:
And as far as I am concerned, calling him "grandpa" is neither of these things.
if you really think so, try not to laugh the next time you read something of that nature
Old 05-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Commoner

Hello&#33; I&#39;m new here. It took me quite awhile to read all the postings in this thread.

I personally think that Haya has made a wise marriage, almost as wise as her half-brother Hamzah&#39;s marriage to his cousin. Politically. it was a wise move for the JRF. They will be seen as strengthening their ties to the Arab word with this marriage. Economically, Dubai will be a good friend to have.

Haya has stengthened her financial position, hasn&#39;t she? After all, didn&#39;t Noor get the bulk of Hussein&#39;s personal wealth?
That looks like a very lovely pearl necklace, in the new pictures. doesn&#39;t it? As for Sheik Mohammad&#39;s rather serious expression in those pictures, did you notice that in the first one he was smiling at Haya. Only when he saw the probable hordes of photographers did his expression get stern. He&#39;s not comfortable with the attention his new marriage is getting.

Perhaps, and this is only speculation, he was unprepared for the furor his new marriage has caused. After all, the JRF is perhaps the most glamourous of the mid east royal families. As for Sheika Hinda, I think that she knows that she is still his first wife, the mother of his older sons. After all, he was married to other woman before and she is his cousin. I&#39;d imagine that their marriage was never hearts and flowers.

I could be wrong though. Maybe he&#39;s going through a mid life crisis and will actually divorce Hinda before the marriage celebrations.

Thanks for listening
Old 05-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@May 3rd, 2004 - 10:50 am
HEIKH MOHAMMED BIN RASHID AL-MAKTOUM CROWN PRINCE OF DUBAI & PRINCESS HAYA OF JORDAN_make their first public appearance together. 01/05/04

Thanks for the pics Dennis&#33;

Haya looks good. She seems a bit darker. Maybe they went on a honeymoon and she got a tan.

They look cute together. I like the way she was holding on to his arm.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
You&#39;re welcome.