Princess Haya of Jordan to Sheikh Mohamad Bin Rashad Al-Maktoum of Dubai: 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shelley said:
The blonde lady is Queen Alia's aunt, her mother's much younger sister. She looked very similar to Queen Alia and her name is Nawar Jabi.

really , so QA dosen't have any sisters , thanks for the information:)

wedding of PHAya

Attachments

• haya3.jpg
    haya3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 465
Last edited by a moderator:
mariam said:
i think he is married to three wives but only first can work and give children

I have a feeling that PH simply did not have much choice. She was 29, getting quite old in the traditional world, and no other candidates. SM was kind to take her in, like a father.

bluetortuga said:
This is a poem I found on S. Mohammed's website. He wrote this poem, I wonder if he wrote this for P. Haya:

Swords of Beauty

Ease the ardour of my yearning, my lady
Reunite me with your vision

Erase the lines written by my tears
And with the ink of your kohled eye draw me

Oh, my life that sweetens my life
Oh, my hope for years remaining

Who gathered the winds for me and returned
The brightest years that slipped from my hands

Oh swords of beauty in eyes of oryx
You have so much – out of kindness give

The love from ever-sleepless eyes has faded
And my destiny, certain, this craving between us

Have mercy on the withered boughs
For love between lovers never dies

My love I proclaimed from peaks of highest mountains
Where, sadly, only echoes replied

With burning passion, only her name on my lips
Her I recall, and forget the existence of others

Heartbreaking my laments, yet neglected my grief
Though my words stir tears in the hardest hearts

Overwhelmed me, deep, bleeding wounds
Oh, oryx, from the pain of your wounds heal me

Leave me not with this fire – these regrets
Compassion and sympathy be yours – love is mine

SMo is such an romantic man. Considering his past history, I wonder how many women he wrote his poems to.

Last edited:
Asma2 said:
Alexandria, I am very disappointed by your comments, which you made about polygamous. First of all, they are incorrect. Polygamy is not the practice that is widely accepted. It has nothing to do with religious (I believe you are referring to the Islam).

Just recently Morocco, under the leadership of H.M King Mohammed VI approved the law MOUDAWANA that prohibits the polygamy (Very similar law has Tunisia). H.M King Mohammed VI referred to polygamy as violation of human rights and the practice that is against Islam (his comments are posted under his thread). Polygamy is not accepted by us westerners, but also not by intelligent Arabs and it is not accepted by the brave leader of Morocco H.M. King Mohammed VI.

He is such a nice man. His chosen wife is so lucky to have him.

trish79nl said:
I completely support Asma2!!! :sick: This royal family has let us and the rest of the world down by aproving of this polygamis marriage!!!!!

Polygamies may not be accepted in other parts of the world, but a married man having several lovers is not so uncommon-I think it is still like that in France, England, Japan, China, Korea, and other places.

A woman once told me, "Dear, EVERYONE has a mistress. "

Layla said:
As a point of interest, this match has been greatly publicised in the media which is surprising. Being a very liberated man (I know it sounds ironic), I believe Sheikh Mo is also looking towards this match as a means of appearing with his wife in official visits etc. (something along the lines of the Qatari Sheikh and Sheikha Mozah), so as to encourage the same from the men/women of his society. His first wife is a cousin (very sweet I have heard) but keeps a very low profile due to social constraints.

too bad no matter how sweet and loving and gave so many children to your man, you still have to let the young newbie to take the limelight and share your man.

------------

Layla said:
I am sure she will mother some children. The interesting thing is that the Sheikh (who is the Crown Prince of Dubai and who in reality is running the whole show) has the right to choose his successor. You never know.... Haya's son might become the next successor.

This would make SHind very, very sad and depressed. But it happens, as in the past history of the Hashemite family.

Last edited by a moderator:
amina1 said:
In Islam, a man is aloud to marry no more than four wives, it is not against the religion, it will be against the religion if the wife refused but still her husband forces her to accept. Now, most muslim men have only one wife, but beleive it or not, there are some women who accept that situation, how, I have no idea!

I guess king of morocco had that law because his father married 36 ladies, some of them were given to him as gifts, this secret revealed after his death, I saw all of them in a french magazine.

The current king of Morocco is such an admirable family man, considering his father`s way. What a good boy :)

Balqis said:
Some of the male members of the Sheikh's family attended, for example his son. He had a whole entourage with him I believe. You don't know if there will or won't be a public celebration. Hamzeh's May festivities weren't announced until much later. We shall wait and see.

SMo`s son is quite cute> too bad he was not for PHaya.

I wonder what he really thought of his dad marrying her...

Last edited:
bluetortuga said:
I had that feeling too that QR and KA were travelling "too much" to the UAE. I had read that KA was going to marry one of the sheikhas as a second wife. I also hear rumors that he was going to marry a Saudi princess.

Really? That would make his position stronger, but would it really happen? I don not think QR would welcome the situation...

are there engagement pictures and wedding pictures??

madonna23 said:
hmmm...that's true but i think that's always been haya's style. she's never worn that much make-up before....if you look at king abdullah's coronation pics, haya is shown without almost any make-up.

in my opinion, she looks better that way...she has that face which doesn't need make-up anyway...just look at her wedding photos! :flower:

Now I think she is putting much more makeup much more feminine to accomodate Mo`s taste.

HRH Princess Haya bint Al Hussein of Jordan. She will not be a sheikha of the Emirates because in Islam, women do not take their husbands names upon marriage. Not to mention the fact that being an HRH and a descendant of the Propet Mohammed(PBUH) outranks an Emirati sheikha.

did her husbands first wife "take" his title??

Sheikha Hind is his cousin, so she was already a member of the family.:)
In most Emirati families, a marriage between first cousins is the preference.

i was reading this thread about haya of jordan, i think she is much smarter than most of you guys. in the little time with this old man, she became UN representative to eradicate hunger around the world(even if the old sheikh bought her this status) then thanks to his brother she acquired a presidency of his horsing galopin. And let us not forget that in another five years she will amass more jewelry and beaucoup money. she is a princess but a poor one. let us not forget that her father was always begging money from those filthy rich saudi princes. the daughter of a begger will remain a begger. An apple does not fall too far from the tree!!!

oohlala said:
she is a princess but a poor one. let us not forget that her father was always begging money from those filthy rich saudi princes. the daughter of a begger will remain a begger. An apple does not fall too far from the tree!!!

Welcome to TRF, oohlala. However, I'm going to have to respectful disagree with you here. I agree, PH is a smart woman, but not necessarily in the sense that your hinting at. Also, she wasn't poor by any standards either. In fact, before she was married to Shk Mo, she was wealthier than many American families. KH might not have been as wealthy a king as other monarchs, but he wasn't poor either. I respect KH for being humble enough to ask for money for the development of his country. I'm sure if he had his way, he wouldn't have wanted to be put in that position. If you didn't know, it's not like Jordan has/had a lot resources, if any at all, to begin with. If the tables had been turned, and Jordan was fortunate to have oil on its soil, or even natural resources then he wouldn't have needed to ask for the money now would he?:cool:

oohlala said:
i was reading this thread about haya of jordan, i think she is much smarter than most of you guys. in the little time with this old man, she became UN representative to eradicate hunger around the world(even if the old sheikh bought her this status) then thanks to his brother she acquired a presidency of his horsing galopin. And let us not forget that in another five years she will amass more jewelry and beaucoup money. she is a princess but a poor one. let us not forget that her father was always begging money from those filthy rich saudi princes. the daughter of a begger will remain a begger. An apple does not fall too far from the tree!!!

Yes, Haya is smart. But KH was never poor, perhaps compared to other monarchs but bottom line the RF of Jordan are worth at least a couple of £100 million's. They were/are not poor!!

Thanks for the great pictures, Anna_R!
Haya is such a beautiful bride. One of my favorites.

Couple of questions regarding these pics:

1. On several pictures, I see princess Mouna, the mother of King Abdullah. She is the older lady dressed in pink. Is that correct?

2. If that's correct, the vibe I get from her towards Haya is one of warmth. Is it far fetched to say Mouna might have played some sort of mother-figure role in the life of Haya, who lost her own mother early on to a helicopter accident? Because it's well known that, well according to gossip at least, that Haya and Noor can't stand each other.

3. If Mouna has fulfilled some sort of motherly figure-type role for Haya over the years after the untimely death of Haya's mother, that would be interesting if only because, if I'm correct, late King Hussein at the time left Mouna for Haya's mother, right?

If anyone knows the answers to these...mucho thanks! :)

I've always felt that Princess Muna has carried herself with great class and dignity. She appears to be on friendly terms with all the members of the Jordanian royal family, I've seen her at most family weddings, including Hamzah's and Haya's.
I dont know about her role in the lives of Ali and Haya after Queen Alia's death but I do think that she does have feelings of warmth for them, eventhough KH left her for their mother. Not many women would be that forgiving or generous (eventhough the kids aren't to blame when something like that happens)
It is quite clear, at least to me, that Ali and Haya have warmer feelings for Princess Muna than they do for Queen Noor.

Just wanted to add that I think Princess Haya made a lovely, angelic bride.
I guess the deaths in Sheikh Muhammad's family have put to rest the talk of a lavish wedding reception that was supposed to be take place soon after the marriage.

"I guess the deaths in Sheikh Muhammad's family have put to rest the talk of a lavish wedding reception that was supposed to be take place soon after the marriage."

They haven't had a wedding reception yet?! They've been married over a year!!!

I know. And it wasn't just people at TRF talking about it. It was mentioned in a few articles that Sheikh Muhammad was planning to host a lavish wedding reception in early 2005. But then there was a death in his family (I dont exactly remember who it was) so the reception never happened. And now with this recent death Im beginning to think its never going to happen.
Though I think some people, that includes me, have moved on from talk of a wedding reception to talk of a baby. I think it'd be nice if Haya announced a pregnancy this year (though I dont think such announcements are officially made in the gulf)

Gosh, they've probably abandoned all thoughts of having a wedding reception then!

can someone post a pic of the new couple, i havent seen what they both look like

Back
Top Bottom