The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Nobility

After watching the military precision that the World Bank meetings took place and the fact that they were being planned for 2 years and having friends who organize the Dubai World Cup and knowing that it is planned a year in advance-this whole thing smells bad.

Why would they get married, tell the press they are not celebrating the wedding and then presto! 'wedding befitting royal families' are being planned - with no date!!!!

Also regarding alot of comments made on this board about royals in traditional v. modern/designer dress. I prefer the traditional. If someone is royalty-they should present the best of their country. PHaya, now, has the PRIVILEDGE to portray the best of Jordan a-n-d the UAE. Bravo to her and QNoor for choosing traditional dress over modern/designer.

I think it's much more Queenly/Princessly/Sheikha-y.

Old 04-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

"The arragements for engagement were very limited but the marriage between Amman and Dubai would set the ground for founding a joint programme for economic cooperation," the daily added.

Gotta love sacrificing your sis for your country!

Old 04-23-2004, 04:57 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:54 pm
"The arragements for engagement were very limited but the marriage between Amman and Dubai would set the ground for founding a joint programme for economic cooperation," the daily added.

Gotta love sacrificing your sis for your country!
I guess that's why K. Abdullah is now mouthing off to the U.S, and showing some attitude. He's got Dubai money backing him now. He couldn't say too much before 4/11/2004.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

The match just happens to be economically advantageous for both parties I suppose, Jordan especially. I dont think Haya's the kind of person who'd let anyone force her into marrying the shiek if she didnt really want to. We've gotta stop treating her like some brainless sacrificial lamb.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Nobility

In regards to Haya's recent marraige - i wish her all the best of luck!!! Ive been reading all the comments with interest. I'm sure that Haya is not looking for a father figure, but yes i am shocked she is his second wife. He is so much older than she is. I'm sure that there are reasons why the UAE newspapers haven't mentioned there marraige yet. I hope it works out, either way she'll be there for life, if she has any kids etc...

I don't know if this marraige is an insult to his first wife or not. I'm sure it's a love match and not arranged - however yes - it is a bit unusual!!!

My view on pologymy is that it's fine as long as all parties involved are agreed. I'm sure the Prince's first wife is happy about the situation. Hopefully we'll c Haya out and about.

Someone said they looked at a picture agency website and that since the wedding all the pictures of her have been in traditional clothes and headscarf. I'm sure for the wedding this was true and that we'll soon see her in western clothes.

GOOD LUCK HAYA!!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Commoner

The marriage of Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed was mentioned in the papers in the U.A.E.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Nobility

I read in Yahoo News just a few days ago that they aren't married yet, and that those pictures of them together signing those papers was just a formal declaration of their engagement. I also heard that their wedding, which will be later this year, will be a very lavish affair. Go to Yahoo News if you'd like more info. I'll try to post a link to the article I read.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by grecka@Apr 25th, 2004 - 2:23 pm
I read in Yahoo News just a few days ago that they aren't married yet, and that those pictures of them together signing those papers was just a formal declaration of their engagement. I also heard that their wedding, which will be later this year, will be a very lavish affair. Go to Yahoo News if you'd like more info. I'll try to post a link to the article I read.
Wasn't this the case with Hamzah and Noor? Their "wedding" was announced several months back, but the "wedding" isn't actually taking place until the end of this May?
Old 04-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga+Apr 23rd, 2004 - 3:57 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ Apr 23rd, 2004 - 3:57 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 2:54 pm

Gotta love sacrificing your sis for your country&#33;
I guess that&#39;s why K. Abdullah is now mouthing off to the U.S, and showing some attitude. He&#39;s got Dubai money backing him now. He couldn&#39;t say too much before 4/11/2004. [/b][/quote]
He isn&#39;t mouthing off per say. It&#39;s a routine to placate domestic forces. And I houghly doubt dubai is going to give Jordan hundreds of millions in anual aid, as well as protection.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 25th, 2004 - 1:28 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 25th, 2004 - 1:28 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grecka@Apr 25th, 2004 - 2:23 pm
I read in Yahoo News just a few days ago that they aren&#39;t married yet, and that those pictures of them together signing those papers was just a formal declaration of their engagement.&nbsp; I also heard that their wedding, which will be later this year, will be a very lavish affair.&nbsp; Go to Yahoo News if you&#39;d like more info. I&#39;ll try to post a link to the article I read.
Wasn&#39;t this the case with Hamzah and Noor? Their "wedding" was announced several months back, but the "wedding" isn&#39;t actually taking place until the end of this May? [/b][/quote]
The Nikah means that they are alread married. A Muslim wedding is just the signing of a marriage contract and a short prayer. That&#39;s it. There are no vows, etc.

The ceremony in May is the "official" wedding. Think of it as the reception.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Courtier

I read somewhere that haya was betrothed to the last syrian president&#39;s son Basel al-asad,and was very affected by his death in a accident,that&#39;s why she get married to late for middle east princess at her 30&#39;s&#33;
Old 04-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Serene Highness

What?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 25th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
What?
what for what?
I meant that Haya was the "fiancé" or exactly was promissed to , he last syrian president&#39;s "hafez alasad" son"Basel alasad",but he did an accident and dead :(
Old 04-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

They were going to marry? But Syria and Jordan almost went to war, didn&#39;t they? Actually, I guess that was in the early 70s--someone remember?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe it&#39;s a little of topic, but does anyone have any pictures of Sheikha Hind and PH supossed fiance Basel al-asad?
Old 04-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 26th, 2004 - 10:13 am
They were going to marry? But Syria and Jordan almost went to war, didn&#39;t they? Actually, I guess that was in the early 70s--someone remember?
how come they were almost getting married while as you said the two countries almost went to war in early seventies, while Haya was born only in 1974
Old 04-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe it&#39;s a little of topic, but does anyone have any pictures of Sheikha Hind and PH supossed fiance Basel al-asad?&nbsp;
look in asma assad&#39;s section in the celebrity section. there&#39;s a link in the thread where you can find pictures of the assad family.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble+Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:36 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:36 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Apr 26th, 2004 - 10:13 am
how come they were almost getting married while as you said the two countries almost went to war in early seventies, while Haya was born only in 1974 [/b][/quote]
no it was in the 90&#39;s,when hafez&#39;s son Basel alasad the older brother of the actual syrian president Bachar alasad had dead in a car accident and not in the 70&#39;s,that&#39;s why now bashar is the actual president of syria,by the way the changed their low about the age of president bashar was only 34,when his father dead,but the low allowed just a 40years or older man to be a president
Old 04-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Courtier

The relationship between Syria and Jordan and especially between Hafez al-Assad and K. Hussein was not only bad in the 1970s but also in the 1980s (when Syria backed Iran and Jordan Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war) and again the 1990s (when Jordan made peace with Israel). In most regional and other political issues they were adversaries through all their period of rule. A marriage connection was out of the question then.
But as a surprise to all Assad joined the funerals of K. Hussein and tried to start a new page in the relations to Jordan in 1999. Perhaps he thought that he can influence the new unexperienced king. In any case there were rumours only then (as I was told by Syrian friends) that Assad wanted Haya for his son and heir Bashar (the actual president; Basil was already dead), and he sent Bashar in 1999 several times to Jordan. But Haya refused the proposal.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Majesty

I am looking for the photo with hayas brothers but can´t find it
can someone help me and post it here?