Princess Haya of Jordan to Sheikh Mohamad Bin Rashad Al-Maktoum of Dubai: 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just read an article that the UAE (one of them) is in the process of marketing their wedding business to Europeans--that it's still cheaper there than in Europe.

Bubbette

The UAE has recently started catering to the 'destination wedding' market. It's where people pick up the whole wedding party and transport them to Dubai or similar and get hitched.

Just thought I would clarify.

The racingpost.co.uk has just reported that Mr. Haya and his beautiful bride are in England to inspect his racehorses for this season's flat racing campaign. I'm sure they will be at the Guineas this weekend. If any of you are in the neighborhood-I'm sure they would love for you to stop by and wish them well.

I would send them a gift but I'm certain they already have a toaster. :p

Originally posted by paloma@Apr 28th, 2004 - 9:10 pm
People think that it is a joke considering the fact that the government wants to issue a decree preventing Emirati men from marrying foreign women. At this point, even though marriage to a foreigner is not prohibited, any Emirati man who marries a foreigner is looked down upon by the society. He will find himself unable to have his pick of the best jobs etc.
Paloma,

It's so sad that people consider Haya a foreigner even though she's an Arabic/Muslim woman. I think that's aweful!

I don't think it is so much tribal. To better understand it, imagine King Abdullah taking on a second wife. Because the people love Rania, the second wife will not be very popular with the public. The reason why everyone is being understanding about PH is because they like her. If it had been someone other than PH, I believe they would be siding with Hind more.

But at the end of the day, it's their life and they're free to do as they like.

Don't underestimate tribal connections-especially in the Emirates.

Also, I think many of the posts from people within the Emirates have stated that this union is NOT being viewed positively. And Jordanians are forgeiners in the Emirates. They might be Arab and Muslim but they are not locals. This is the way it is. Yes Jordanians are more welocmed in marriages than say an alien with 2 heads but not by much. All women I know who are married to Emiratis have faced considerable difficulty intergrating. Usually the only accepted thing to do is to break all times with the 'other' culture-whatever/wherever it is.

Originally posted by nicole@Apr 29th, 2004 - 12:12 pm
Paloma,

It's so sad that people consider Haya a foreigner even though she's an Arabic/Muslim woman. I think that's aweful!
But aren't the Hashemites from Jordan always stressing that they are not like everyone else because they are Hashemites?

the article in question:

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/?MIval=...k&page=latest14

"....The Guineas contenders had been given a day to settle in before enjoying light exercise inthe confines of Godolphin stables on Bury Road on Tuesday but it was time to take the wraps off in front of Sheikh Mohammed, his new wife Princess Haya and other members of the team....."

you have to register for the racing post, so i thought i would save you the hassle

Is she pregnant? She looks heavier, but it could be a. the fact that her hair is less blond; b. the unstylish length of the skirt; or c. the too big suit!

Originally posted by Aneca@May 3rd, 2004 - 1:13 pm
Thanks for the photos Dennis. What's the occasion?

Cheers
It must be horse-related event...
=============

She looks darker..is this her true complexion because she is not putting that much make up especially the powder....

The blue color is fine on her..the cut of the suit is good on her from the top but not the lower part...

Originally posted by Bubbette@May 3rd, 2004 - 3:15 pm
Is she pregnant? She looks heavier, but it could be a. the fact that her hair is less blond; b. the unstylish length of the skirt; or c. the too big suit!
The same thing crossed my mind. P. Haya looks pregnant. Notice in most of the shots she discretely "hides" her tummy behind S. Mohammed. What would be the repercussions if P/ Haya were to have a child before the "official" wedding ceremony planned for later this year.

I highly doubt that there will be any repercussions...Sure, there will be rumors (assuming she is pregnant) but no right-minded man will open his mouth if he wants to keep his life Accusing the royal family of indeceny is harshly punished in Jordan as I'm sure it is in the UAE.

Originally posted by bluetortuga+May 3rd, 2004 - 4:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ May 3rd, 2004 - 4:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@May 3rd, 2004 - 3:15 pm
The same thing crossed my mind. P. Haya looks pregnant. Notice in most of the shots she discretely "hides" her tummy behind S. Mohammed. What would be the repercussions if P/ Haya were to have a child before the "official" wedding ceremony planned for later this year. [/b][/quote]
Assuming she is pregnant, there will be no repercussions because they are already married as the marriage contract is signed AND Islamically, they are fine.

Most Arab muslims still prefer to have babies after the wedding party even if they sign the marriage contract before that but if pregnancy occurs, no one should normally blame because again the marriage contract is there...

Originally posted by Humble+May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bluetortuga@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette
@May 3rd, 2004 - 3:15 pm

The same thing crossed my mind. P. Haya looks pregnant. Notice in most of the shots she discretely "hides" her tummy behind S. Mohammed. What would be the repercussions if P/ Haya were to have a child before the "official" wedding ceremony planned for later this year.
Assuming she is pregnant, there will be no repercussions because they are already married as the marriage contract is signed AND Islamically, they are fine.

Most Arab muslims still prefer to have babies after the wedding party even if they sign the marriage contract before that but if pregnancy occurs, no one should normally blame because again the marriage contract is there... [/b][/quote]
Ah, yes, but for her to be 'showing' so soon after the nikah, she obviously must have had pre-marital relations (assuming she is pregnant). That's not Islamically okay. If true, the gossips in Amman will have a field day!

Originally posted by madonna23@May 3rd, 2004 - 5:45 pm
I highly doubt that there will be any repercussions...Sure, there will be rumors (assuming she is pregnant) but no right-minded man will open his mouth if he wants to keep his life Accusing the royal family of indeceny is harshly punished in Jordan as I'm sure it is in the UAE.
:wacko: :rolleyes: you mean like decapitation in a public place :yuk:

:ninja:

Originally posted by Sean.~+May 3rd, 2004 - 4:56 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ May 3rd, 2004 - 4:56 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Humble@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette

Most Arab muslims still prefer to have babies after the wedding party even if they sign the marriage contract before that but if pregnancy occurs, no one should normally blame because again the marriage contract is there...
Ah, yes, but for her to be 'showing' so soon after the nikah, she obviously must have had pre-marital relations (assuming she is pregnant). That's not Islamically okay. If true, the gossips in Amman will have a field day! [/b][/quote]
Yes, you are right...but I assumed that pregnancy, if she really is, happened after they signed the marriage contract. if NOT, then... :shock:

Hmmmm....this has been my suspicion all along. It would explain the quick, secretive, hurried nature of everything.

Sure they are will be married BEFORE the birth of the child but the conception will be a whole 'nother matter.

Also from my own personal experience-it takes about 3-4months to be showing when pregnant with first child. All subsequent pregnancy's show earlier.

you mean like decapitation in a public place

No. I meant more along the lines of jail time. It is written in Jordanian law that you cannot insult the King or the royal family. I'm assuming there is something similar in Emriti law. In any case, I doubt the pregnancy rumor will be commented upon by either the media or the elites of society.

Originally posted by Humble+May 3rd, 2004 - 6:04 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ May 3rd, 2004 - 6:04 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sean.~@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:56 pm
Originally posted by Humble@May 3rd, 2004 - 4:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette

Ah, yes, but for her to be 'showing' so soon after the nikah, she obviously must have had pre-marital relations (assuming she is pregnant). That's not Islamically okay. If true, the gossips in Amman will have a field day!
Yes, you are right...but I assumed that pregnancy, if she really is, happened after they signed the marriage contract. if NOT, then... :shock: [/b][/quote]
you mean he took her innocence away :woot: :sick: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

:angry: :rolleyes:

I don't think she is pregnant. Why would they get married this late if she were? I am sure they would have tried to avoid a scandal. Since they got married last month, they could have gotten married earlier. But she has put on weight I think.

I think Haya's outfit is really grand-motherly, and that is probably because she is trying to dress a little bit more conservatively. I would probably have gone for a something that would have covered those legs.

She does look really happy though, doesn't she?

Originally posted by Jeiela@May 3rd, 2004 - 6:12 pm
She does look really happy though, doesn't she?
You're right. P. Haya looks very happy. But no one could even tickle S. Mohammed to at least break a smile. He looks like he took a bath in vinegar. Maybe the weather was chilly or something... :shock:

maybe she's Happy cause she has a Lil billionaire growing inside of her
:sick:

she's been a bad girl,grandpa's gonna punish her again and again !! :angry:
:ninja: :heart:

Originally posted by lunara@May 3rd, 2004 - 9:37 pm
she's been a bad girl,grandpa's gonna punish her again and again !! :angry:
:ninja: :heart:
This comment is really quite inappropriate. I do not want to see comments such as this again. Please discuss this matter as mature adults and not dwell on Haya's husband's age in a superficial way by calling him "grandpa."

The discussion of Haya's husband's age is fine, but in a mature and intelligent way. And as far as I am concerned, calling him "grandpa" is neither of these things.

And as far as I am concerned, calling him "grandpa" is neither of these things.

if you really think so, try not to laugh the next time you read something of that nature :rolleyes:

Hello! I'm new here. It took me quite awhile to read all the postings in this thread.

I personally think that Haya has made a wise marriage, almost as wise as her half-brother Hamzah's marriage to his cousin. Politically. it was a wise move for the JRF. They will be seen as strengthening their ties to the Arab word with this marriage. Economically, Dubai will be a good friend to have.

Haya has stengthened her financial position, hasn't she? After all, didn't Noor get the bulk of Hussein's personal wealth?
That looks like a very lovely pearl necklace, in the new pictures. doesn't it? As for Sheik Mohammad's rather serious expression in those pictures, did you notice that in the first one he was smiling at Haya. Only when he saw the probable hordes of photographers did his expression get stern. He's not comfortable with the attention his new marriage is getting.

Perhaps, and this is only speculation, he was unprepared for the furor his new marriage has caused. After all, the JRF is perhaps the most glamourous of the mid east royal families. As for Sheika Hinda, I think that she knows that she is still his first wife, the mother of his older sons. After all, he was married to other woman before and she is his cousin. I'd imagine that their marriage was never hearts and flowers.

I could be wrong though. Maybe he's going through a mid life crisis and will actually divorce Hinda before the marriage celebrations.

Thanks for listening

Originally posted by Dennism@May 3rd, 2004 - 10:50 am
HEIKH MOHAMMED BIN RASHID AL-MAKTOUM CROWN PRINCE OF DUBAI & PRINCESS HAYA OF JORDAN_make their first public appearance together. 01/05/04

Thanks for the pics Dennis!

Haya looks good. She seems a bit darker. Maybe they went on a honeymoon and she got a tan.

They look cute together. I like the way she was holding on to his arm.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom