The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Gentry

I think that that is his daughter?

And to whoever posted the arab times link, that newspaper is trash. though some of the things are beleivable it has unfortunately been written by a man with such twisted ideas and conspiracy theories that u cannot trust it

Old 04-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If u have read any of the previous threads about PHaya, u will read the rumours from ages ago that she and Sheikh Mohammed were having an affair, why they got married is a different question but i think that it was her choice, no one forced her and i don't think it was a rushed decision. i also think a reason might be that she might be or want to get pregnant but we will find out soon enough if that is the case!
To say that they were having an affair before getting married puts a different spin on things. In the end it would seem the Sheikh had little choice but to marry her to save her reputation, no? It would be a big deal in the Arab part of the world, the honour thing I mean. Maybe they were engaged secretly for months. There are photos of Haya wearing a ring in Dubai months ago.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 13th, 2004 - 5:49 pm
I think that that is his daughter?

And to whoever posted the arab times link, that newspaper is trash. though some of the things are beleivable it has unfortunately been written by a man with such twisted ideas and conspiracy theories that u cannot trust it
Of course you consider "Arabtimes.com" a trash because you are Jordanian. I do not blame you to feel that way about a newspaper that shows the bad things about your country.

By the way, the guy you mentioned with twisted ideas also talks about corruption in other countries not only Jordan.

NB: if it were not a trash, why the newspaper website (www.arabtimes.com) cannot be viewable in Jordan and in some other arab countries (Proxies are at play).
Old 04-14-2004, 01:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 13th, 2004 - 5:38 pm
as for being the second wife, there is nothing wrong with that. she is a princess and business woman in her own right, and has lived long enough in both europe and the middle east to judge for herslef whether she is prepared to accept that. i do not believe the arab times when it says that his first wife did not know that it was happening. all respect to her but i think that if this is a marriage of love or lust, it is a marriage of choice, unlike SM's first marriage and as such has equal value as to the happiness of SM and PHaya
I couldn't have said this any better.

I've been reading this thread since it started but I haven't wanted to post anything about it.

Haya is a beautiful, successful and intelligent woman. I'm sure that she could've chosen to marry any other man. This was her decision. I don't think that we have the right to judge her or her actions without knowing the reasoning behind them. This was her decision, and I'm sure that no one forced her to marry him.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Commoner

for sure Haya was not forced for this marriage, i dont think KA is the kind of kings who force his famiy members in things related to their lives. moreover Haya is an independent girl. it was Haya's choice to marry SM, and i think there is love between them, as she looks happy in the photos.
i hope she will be happy , although i am sad for shikha Hind. Haya should have thought of her before her decision.

and about what was written in the link of arabtimes i it is full with lies - RJF is a rich family and this website always talking about the king Hussien's wealth , and now it says that she married SM for money.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:34 AM
Commoner

On the sheikh site you can see pictures of his children.

This is the link: http://www.sheikhmohammed.ae

On your left you click on photo gallery.
You will get a new screen and on top on your left click on Al maktoum family and choose family gallery.
There are more other pictures of the sheikh and other family members.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Laila@Apr 14th, 2004 - 12:39 am
and about what was written in the link of arabtimes i it is full with lies - RJF is a rich family and this website always talking about the king Hussien's wealth , and now it says that she married SM for money.
Why do you say RJF is a rich family?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga+Apr 11th, 2004 - 9:22 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ Apr 11th, 2004 - 9:22 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sky@Apr 11th, 2004 - 8:25 am
Haya brother were there.&nbsp;
http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/101/a20.jpg
He doesn&#39;t look too happy :( P. Haya&#39;s uncles, also in the picture don&#39;t look too thrilled either. I hope P. Hamzah is not taking tips from S. Mohammed. This marriage is as much a slap in the face to S. Hind as Q. Alia&#39;s marriage to K. Hussein was to P. Muna. I can&#39;t believe how history has repeated itself. I&#39;m sure Q. Noor is somewhere chuckling at this situation: P. Haya is now a stepmom to 16 kids; she will be living in foreign country without any blood family with her; she&#39;s going into a situation where there is probably alot of jealousy; and UAE is a far more conservative society than Jordan. Sounds alot like Q. Noor faced when she married K. Hussein.

At least P. Ali will now have another source of guaranteed income. I think he should consider moving to Dubai, just so that P. Haya could have some blood family around. [/b][/quote]
I hope someone was looking out for her, although I don&#39;t think the age difference is such a big deal. It&#39;s more that she will be alone in a foreign country--who knows if she will be free to move about as she pleases? And what of her children?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Apr 11th, 2004 - 8:45 am
good point: politically, jordan&#39;s situation is strengthened within the arab world, it became increasingly difficult for them because of their american connections. but also, dont forget that dubai and the emirates are relatively on good terms with the US.

also: scrolling through images on Getty (search for &#39;princess haya&#39 i noticed that recent picture show her in traditional cloths with head-scarf etc., whereas earlier pictures show her in western cloths. any thoughts on that?
Re the scarfs, I also questioned this, and someone said it was because she was in costume. . . .
Old 04-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette+Apr 14th, 2004 - 4:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette &#064; Apr 14th, 2004 - 4:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-karolinabraganza@Apr 11th, 2004 - 8:45 am
good point: politically, jordan&#39;s situation is strengthened within the arab world, it became increasingly difficult for them because of their american connections. but also, dont forget that dubai and the emirates are relatively on good terms with the US.

also: scrolling through images on Getty (search for &#39;princess haya&#39 i noticed that recent picture show her in traditional cloths with head-scarf etc., whereas earlier pictures show her in western cloths. any thoughts on that?
Re the scarfs, I also questioned this, and someone said it was because she was in costume. . . . [/b][/quote]
I have seen her dressed in more traditional clothing in most of her recent photos. The last time in which she was dressed this way, I believe the photos were taken in Dubai at a soccer match. I could be wrong about the event, however I remember her style of dress well and Haya was not wearing western clothing. I wonder if she will now change her style of dress completely?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I have seen her dressed in more traditional clothing in most of her recent photos. The last time in which she was dressed this way, I belive the photos were taken in Dubai at a soccer match.&nbsp; I could be wrong about the event, however I remember her style of dress well and Haya was not wearing western clothing. I wonder if she will now change her style of dress completely?
i think she will have to...the u.a.e. is far more conservative than jordan and, being a member of the royal family now, haya will be expected to conform. i highly doubt we will ever see her in western clothing or without a veil again.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@Apr 14th, 2004 - 5:26 pm
Quote:
I have seen her dressed in more traditional clothing in most of her recent photos. The last time in which she was dressed this way, I belive the photos were taken in Dubai at a soccer match.* I could be wrong about the event, however I remember her style of dress well and Haya was not wearing western clothing. I wonder if she will now change her style of dress completely?
i think she will have to...the u.a.e. is far more conservative than jordan and, being a member of the royal family now, haya will be expected to conform. i highly doubt we will ever see her in western clothing or without a veil again.
I also noticed in the photos that she was wearing little or possibly no makeup.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
hmmm...that&#39;s true but i think that&#39;s always been haya&#39;s style. she&#39;s never worn that much make-up before....if you look at king abdullah&#39;s coronation pics, haya is shown without almost any make-up.

in my opinion, she looks better that way...she has that face which doesn&#39;t need make-up anyway...just look at her wedding photos&#33; :flower:
Old 04-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@Apr 14th, 2004 - 5:53 pm
Quote:
hmmm...that&#39;s true but i think that&#39;s always been haya&#39;s style. she&#39;s never worn that much make-up before....if you look at king abdullah&#39;s coronation pics, haya is shown without almost any make-up.

in my opinion, she looks better that way...she has that face which doesn&#39;t need make-up anyway...just look at her wedding photos&#33; :flower:
Actually, Haya does usually wear makeup. She has very nice skin, so makeup only enhances her features and makes her skin appear tinted in all of the right places. She never looks overly made up just very vibrant and fresh looking.

However, Haya has definitely worn makeup in the majority of photographs that I have ever seen of her, even candid ones. It is usually clear that she is almost always wearing eyeliner, mascara (especially mascara), lipstick, and blush. In her recent photos (those seen of her before the wedding), Haya wasn&#39;t wearing any makeup at all. Her skin was lighter and there was a visible paleness.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:36 AM
Commoner

Please guys, can u post more photos.....im bored of seeing those 4 time and time again&#33;&#33;&#33; Thanx id be so grateful
Old 04-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Nobility

I&#39;m sorry ladies but I think you are looking at the wrong person in the photo. Yes, P.Haya looks radiant and beautiful and the dress is absolutely divine. But what about the guy next to her?

After seeing many photos of Sheikh Mo where he usually looks interested, content and generally relaxed-these same four photos are something of an anomaly. For all the discussion about why she did it-I would like to know why he did it?

Any readers from Dubai have a take on this?

Also wam.org.ae (the emirates news agency-government mouthpiece) has not even announced the wedding and S.Mo is definately back in Dubai because he&#39;s been attending functions.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Commoner

OH MY GOOOOOOD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ITS TERRIBLE &#33; SHE IS SO FREE GIRL &#33; I SAW SOME PICTURES WHERE SHE HAD A CIGARETTE IN HER ARAMS SO I THINK SHE SMOKES??? AS I KNOW ARAB COMMUNITY IS VERY RELIGIOUS &#33; MAYBE ITS LOVE OR JUST MISTAKE&#33; :woot:
Old 04-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Commoner

TERRIBLe&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 04-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Commoner

Hi, this is my first post here.
I thought you might find this interesting: http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnew...=43973&subsec=3

Cheers
Old 04-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Aneca@Apr 15th, 2004 - 3:52 pm
Hi, this is my first post here.
I thought you might find this interesting: http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnew...=43973&subsec=3

Cheers
Welcome Aneca. :flower:

Thank you for the link. You were right. The article was very interesting.