The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Courtier

Maybe she chose her husband based on other attributes besides looks and age.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't agree with polygamy, but to each culture their own. I only hope that she is happy and that she is loved and cared for.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Maybe she chose her husband based on other attributes besides looks and age.
I agree with one that but about the man's age and plus he has to be smart too.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 05-31-2007, 02:11 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I don't agree with polygamy, either. But yes...If they are happy sharing their husband with other women, that's perfect for them.

I hope she'll be happy. ..His husband seems nice and intelligent. That's important for someone who marries.

Vanesa.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:26 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota
All of your scandal amuses me. You are all really funny and incredibly ethnocentric...to react to this marriage in such a way. The Islamic tradition is different, just as is the culture. You may not understand it, but just because you don't does not make something like polygamy universally wrong or immoral. I am only surprised that she did not take a European husband, or someone so liberally Muslim that he barely qualifies.

I am proud of her for marrying well, and marrying within the ranks of royalty. As for the first wife, that is a status that the woman will retain, and the culture makes every accommodation for the family to be a fully-functional one. Just because the cultural norm is different in the Islamic world from the "Western" or Christian one does not mean that it is wrong...

...better to know that one is being replaced and will retain her position as first wife than be cast out and pushed aside, I suppose. OR to be left in a loveless marriage.

I strongly recommend that you read up on the Islamic institution of marriage, and make sure that the sources that you look at are credible and not biased against Islam. The idea is not really to replace the first wife, as the Sheikh must treat all of his wives equally. And he can afford them...hahaha...
Yes. You are right. It depends the way you see it.

I'm not very used to polygamy (not for religion even if I am a Christian a thing that I supposes is not wrong, nor for I'm an ethnocentric...You know I'm not), but for I think the true love is just one (I'm desperately romantic..that yes, for sure), not for any obscure reason other than this one.

However, I think you made an important point: Princess Haya married a husband who is from Ryalty. This is very odd nowadays and priceless. The Royal-to-Royal marriages are disappearing and I was getting worried for this. The very Monarchy Institution is in danger if there are not more Royal marriages. I'm not againts Royal-Commoner marriages, far from that (if the marriage is for true love, welcome all commoners of the world!) But if the Royal-Commoner thing is almost the only one you may find, something is going wrong there. Nowadays, almost all Royal marriages are with commoners. We must say a great "Congratulations!" to Princess Haya to have choice a Royal among all men she knew. And I think she loves him. Saying she married for money it's a calomny without any basis behind it...

And no; I do not like people who marries for money (even if an article said it's good...Nowadays journalist accepts all kind of inmoralities) or to have a highest social position. I bet Princess Haya is not one of these.

Vanesa.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

If Haya's marriage is arranged then she's really not that different from the millions of other people have have arranged marriages. So long as she is happy with the outcome that's what counts.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
If Haya's marriage is arranged then she's really not that different from the millions of other people have have arranged marriages. So long as she is happy with the outcome that's what counts.
I agree with you
Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic....the purpose of this thread is to discuss the actual wedding day of Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohamad...not to analyze the reasons for their marriage.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Haya:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 02-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg
She is very beautiful, thanks for posting.
Who is the guy in the middle?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She is very beautiful, thanks for posting.
Who is the guy in the middle?
Prince Faisal bin Hussein ; her half Borther
Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg
Prince Faisal bin Hussein ; her half Borther
Thanks. I can not really recognize all late king Hussein childrens.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Thanks. I can not really recognize all late king Hussein childrens.
if you dont know ask me
Old 02-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I like her dress.It's very pretty.I love the details of it.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Gorgeous picture of princess Haya