Princess Désirée of Sweden and Baron Nicholas Silfverschiold: June 5, 1964

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uriel

Commoner
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
HI, does anyone has photos about the wedding of Princess Désirée and Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld on 5 June 1964? Their engagement was announced on 18 December 1963.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of CG's sisters? Wonderful bride!

Another question: that's also the same veil Silvia used years later, correct?

This is one of CG's sisters? Wonderful bride!

Another question: that's also the same veil Silvia used years later, correct?

yes it is the same one!! lovely tradition!

The couple married on June 5th 1964 in Stockholm, Sweden.

I am 99,99 % sure that Victoria will wear this tiara..

Schade ich finde keine HOCHZEITSBILDER von den Prinzessinen
Margarete Desieree Christina u Brigatta von Schweden

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Haga Princesses, Part 1

Really wonder why she wore her sister Birgitta's wedding dress. Anyways, as I said in her sister's wedding thread, I don't think there is anything interesting about this dress. Though I do like how Desiree wore the gown than Birgitta. I just don't like Birgitta's veil. Desiree's veil is one of my favorite royal wedding veils.

Princess Désirée wore the same veil as crown princess Victoria, queen Silvia, princess Margaretha and princess Christina. it was the Queen Sofia's lace veil.
This veil was given by Queen Sofia to her youngest son, Prince Eugen. Prince Eugen then passed the veil on to Princess Sibylla, who wore it under a garland of myrtle at her marriage to Prince Gustaf Adolf.
The Bride - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Haga Princesses, Part 1

Really wonder why she wore her sister Birgitta's wedding dress. Anyways, as I said in her sister's wedding thread, I don't think there is anything interesting about this dress. Though I do like how Desiree wore the gown than Birgitta. I just don't like Birgitta's veil. Desiree's veil is one of my favorite royal wedding veils.

It's just the opposite for me. Birgitta's veil looks like a fantasy, just gorgeous! It reminds me a little of Princess Margaret's veil...both are among the most beautiful I have ever seen. :whistling:

Princess Desiree was named after her ancestress Queen Desideria (Desiree) of Sweden.
For her wedding was Princess Desiree given any jewellery that had belonged to Queen Desideria?

Princess Desiree arriving at Stockholm Cathedral
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/466705575

Last edited by a moderator:
In this engagement video Princess Desiree is seen attending her classes at an arts center.

Back
Top Bottom