The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Commoner

Princess Désirée of Sweden and Baron Nicholas Silfverschiold, 5 June 1964

HI, does anyone has photos about the wedding of Princess Désirée and Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld on 5 June 1964? Their engagement was announced on 18 December 1963.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Serene Highness

This is one of CG's sisters? Wonderful bride!

Another question: that's also the same veil Silvia used years later, correct?

Old 11-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
This is one of CG's sisters? Wonderful bride!

Another question: that's also the same veil Silvia used years later, correct?
yes it is the same one!! lovely tradition!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The couple married on June 5th 1964 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am 99,99 % sure that Victoria will wear this tiara..
Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The couple married on June 5th 1964 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Actually the married in the Storkyrkan.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Schade ich finde keine HOCHZEITSBILDER von den Prinzessinen
Margarete Desieree Christina u Brigatta von Schweden
Old 05-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Haga Princesses, Part 1

Really wonder why she wore her sister Birgitta's wedding dress. Anyways, as I said in her sister's wedding thread, I don't think there is anything interesting about this dress. Though I do like how Desiree wore the gown than Birgitta. I just don't like Birgitta's veil. Desiree's veil is one of my favorite royal wedding veils.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Haga Princesses, Part 1

Really wonder why she wore her sister Birgitta's wedding dress. Anyways, as I said in her sister's wedding thread, I don't think there is anything interesting about this dress. Though I do like how Desiree wore the gown than Birgitta. I just don't like Birgitta's veil. Desiree's veil is one of my favorite royal wedding veils.
Princess Désirée wore the same veil as crown princess Victoria, queen Silvia, princess Margaretha and princess Christina. it was the Queen Sofia's lace veil.
This veil was given by Queen Sofia to her youngest son, Prince Eugen. Prince Eugen then passed the veil on to Princess Sibylla, who wore it under a garland of myrtle at her marriage to Prince Gustaf Adolf.
The Bride - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

It's just the opposite for me. Birgitta's veil looks like a fantasy, just gorgeous! It reminds me a little of Princess Margaret's veil...both are among the most beautiful I have ever seen.