The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Ok again I have to disagree. The Bible has not been rewritten. When it has been translated, it has been translated from the original Greek. Besides the Bible is one of the most accurate books, including hsitorically accurate. you can read of events that truly happened at the right place, time, etc. Unfortunately, some peopl ebelieve that the Bible has been rewritten and that it is not accurate, but God doe snot make a mistake and I feel sorry for ppl who try to rewrite His word.
Revelations 22
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

In regards to the women not being able to speak in the church-Paul was talking abou ta direct situation where some women were disrupting the church. paul was not saying that women cnnot be preachers, evangelist and have role sin the church. Infact, you can read in the Bible where Paul talks about these women (I have given some examples in my previous post) who were pastors, evangelists, etc. Paul did not mention anything about them having to be quiet, he encourage them and the work that God had given them.

Ok I hope i did not sound harsh or dogmatic, but even in the church, adn as lovy_bear says, ppl do misinterpret the Word for their own benfeit or beliefs. But all in all God's Word is perfect and it has, does, and will stand. I am by no means perfect and I can't cover everything and I have so much more to learn, but these are just some of the things that I believe as a Christian.

Umm I really liked PBadiya's dress.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

While I think that clarifying some questions about marriage between a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man were okay in the beginning, we are now straying way off topic with discussions of whether or not the Bible was re-written or by quoting passages from the Bible.

Please get back on topic.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

Old 06-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
there's only one version of Quran,it's never been re-written and there's no distortion in it's meanings since the first.
Yes I agree, sorry I meant "translations" of the Quran (into languages aside from Arabic) and not "versions"

As for the wedding/engagement function, I liked the fact that it took place outside since it looked more natural and naturey (is naturey even a real word lol) through that way. I have a question though (my apologies for asking if it has already been answered). Is the woman standing next to Princess Sarvath (in the picture below) Khalid's sister or a female relative? Cuz he, the woman and the woman in pink (standing next to him) who I'm assuming is his mother, have the exact same nose structure lol.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=163015
In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Old 06-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
I think she is P.Iman .
I think so too!
Old 06-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
And I think Q. Sofia was in Jordan earlier this week, but had to leave before the wedding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
btw..i just noticed that in the Jordan Times article's list of countries, Spain is mentioned as well. I wonder which memeber of the Spanish royal family was there. It probably wasnt one of the senior members.
It was Q. Sofia. She had to leave before Friday's festivities, but she participated in the earlier ones.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely, the bride look wonderful.
And Queen Rania is stunning like always.
But this wedding is not very traditional, or is just my impression...
Old 06-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Nobility

Well it reminded me of our weddings here in UK. Its a bit british I think cos only western traditions you have flower girls and page boys. Dont forget the grooms British :)
Old 06-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

-H.R.H. Princess Badiya El Hassan. b. at Amman, 28th March 1974, educ. Baccalaureate Sch., Amman; Sherborne, Dorset; Christ Church, Oxford (BA Hons); and LSE (LL.M.). Barr-at-Law (Lincoln's Inn). Patron The Oxonian Soc. m. at Amman, 22nd September 2004 (nikah) Khalid Blair, née Edward Blair

very well-educated lady. Her parents must be pround of her. So she is a lawyer?
And her husband looks like a lawyer as well... certainly does seem like a man with a noble origin.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julial
So she is a lawyer?
I believe she works as a human rights advocate in London.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks papillon. I just found out more about P Badiya from PHassan site.

Her Royal Highness Princess Badiya

" HRH Princess Badiya El Hassan, youngest daughter of HRH Prince El Hassan and Princess Sarvath, was born on the 28th of March 1974. After completing her primary education at the Amman Baccalaureate School, Princess Badiya went to Sherborne School for Girls in the United Kingdom. HRH read history at Christ Church, Oxford University, where she graduated with a B.A. Honours degree. Princess Badiya has a Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the College of Law, London, and was called to the Bar by Lincoln's Inn in 1998. HRH successfully completed an LL.M. in Public International Law at the London School of Economics.

After finishing her studies, Princess Badiya gained experience working for United Nations agencies in New York and Geneva. Since leaving the United Nations, Princess Badiya has been working on Prince Hassan's projects to further interfaith and cross-cultural understanding. Princess Badiya also attends official functions and conferences at home and abroad, both as Prince Hassan's representative and independently. "

Old 06-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Administrator

RH side of pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=163017
is that P.Rahia who behaind the british lady ( who wear blue outfit ) in the right of the pic ? or she is the girl who behind the Queen becuase it seems that who in the right side of the pic are British.)
The people on the right-hand side of the pic are Princes and Princesses of the Grand Ducal House of Baden.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:17 AM
Nobility

Actually for whoever said that not a senior Spanish royal attended, the Queen of Spain came to some of the pre-wedding ceremonies but the actual day was Spain's national day so she was forced to go home. Multiple princes and princesses from Luxembourg and Denmark and Holland were there.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Nobility

The Queen of Spain was the most senior Royal in attendance from what I can gather.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Gentry

The outfit of Salma like the same
Old 06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Courtier

These two outfits look completely different to me.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

They are completely different ! the colour is not the same at all
Old 06-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

The are not the same outfits either.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Also a good show from the other European royal families, was expecting Queen Sofia to be there.
Queen Sofia was there. She attended pre-wedding parties but the wedding day was the national day of Spain.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

I am a new poster, and I hope my question is not out of line. I am very curious as to why Queen Noor would not have been at Ali or Haya's weddings. She was their stepmother and helped to raise them. What is the problem there? Thanks, and I hope I haven't offended anyone by this question.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Do you mean that you want the same outfit as salma,or you meant that they look alike?

Tags
jordan, princess badiya, wedding