The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah you are right. I just did not agree with some of the stuff and so I just needed to kind of say what the Bible truly says...
But I really liked Badiya's dress :)

Old 06-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish happiness to HRH and her husband.
However, I do not like her wedding dress. It looks somewhat puffy, but tastes differ.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I think you should find out whether you're conclusion is based on perception or reality. The rule isnt just for Sunnis. Infact I've come across statements from Shia scholars that prohibit a Shia woman from marrying a sunni man, so how would she be allowed to marry a non-Muslim? if she cant even marry within the faith (different denomination).
The rules certainly dont change because one has seen enough Muslim women marrying non-Muslims. I know of a Muslim woman marrying a Hindu but that wouldn't make it permissible according to Islamic law. Like in the Catholic church, one cant marry a non-catholic and cant divorce. But everyone does it. That still doesnt make it permissible.
Also I dont think we can judge whether the JRF is religious or not. Queen Rania talks about how she prays five times a day, she fasts, does everything a Muslim is supposed to, she even reads the holy Quran to her kids before bed. Queen Noor has said in so many interviews how her faith has been so important to her and comforted her, especially since the death of her husband. That obviously makes them observant Muslim women. And the same could be said for other members of the royal family, King Abdullah, his brothers, Princess Muna etc. One doesnt need to grow a beard and wear a hijab to be religious and good Muslims.
So I dont see why when it comes to something as important as marriage, Princess Badiya, or any other member of the JRF, would chose to ignore the requirements of their religion.
my conclusion was based on the fatwas I had seen,the matter of a muslim women marrying a non-muslim man is quite diffrent in our country.if it was against the islamic laws the goverment wouldnt allow it certainly,yesterday I went to some books about this law and it was written because of the fatwas khomeini and other mullas have given it is ok for muslim women to marry non-muslim men.so in this matter there's a diffrence between shias and sonnis.
and about QR or QN,saying that they pray 5 times a day I'd better say nothing and you know why!
Old 06-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
and about QR or QN,saying that they pray 5 times a day I'd better say nothing and you know why!
no actually I dont know why.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

btw..i just noticed that in the Jordan Times article's list of countries, Spain is mentioned as well. I wonder which memeber of the Spanish royal family was there. It probably wasnt one of the senior members.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:33 AM
Courtier

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=163017

is that P.Rahia who behaind the british lady ( who wear blue outfit ) in the right of the pic ? or she is the girl who behind the Queen becuase it seems that who in the right side of the pic are british ( or I am wrong ?! )

( I hope you all understand my question :o )
Old 06-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Aristocracy

I think that though Lalla Salma caftan's color is well chosen for the day, the color don't suit her at all, I think also, that the addition of the big red necklace and this caftan is very bad and the addition of the red color of the necklace and her red hair isn't good
I will add that her hairstyle isn't classy, and her make-up isn't well chosen
in short, I don't like at all her choice for this wedding
I am as loubna2 quite disappointed , she was very elegant at fes festival, and I thought that she forsook, her precedent style, but apparently she likes it
queen Rania is very pretty, her dress is fresh and suit her very well, I like a lot her hairstyle, the curling makes her younger
even if I think that she has to wear a traditional dress for this wedding, she is very elegant
side by side, the comparison of Rania and Lalla Salma is unfortunately, to the advantage of Rania, Lalla Salma must improve her style
Old 06-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Courtier

whos the lady betwwn price hashim and prince hamzah?And is Nour wearing the same red dress she did before ger marriage?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
whos the lady betwwn price hashim and prince hamzah?
I think it's one of his sisters.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

what does Khalid Blair do? He is rahter fair, isn`s he...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=163017

is that P.Rahia who behaind the british lady ( who wear blue outfit ) in the right of the pic ? or she is the girl who behind the Queen becuase it seems that who in the right side of the pic are british ( or I am wrong ?! )

( I hope you all understand my question :o )
Aw I know which one you mean :) , she looks like her alot, but im not sure if its her!
Old 06-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Gentry

Salma also seems to get bored. She meets persons she doesn't know and they are not as warm with her as is Queen Sofia. ???
Old 06-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
Aw I know which one you mean :) , she looks like her alot, but im not sure if its her!

thanx for your answer , I wish to find a new pictures for the weding I want to see Queen Noor children :(
Old 06-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Does anyone think that's Princess Iman in this pic sitting behind Rania (on her left)?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=163014

I also wish I could see a better picture of Princess Ghida. She looks very pretty and seems to be wearing a lovely outfit.
Those of you who saw the wedding on tv, did you see Prince Ali and Princess Rym?

i saw the event on TV , PA and PRym and P Haya they didn't show up ,i was really surprised , why they didn't attend her wedding , i wonder if prince Hassan attended PA'S wedding i couldn't see him on the pictures or on TV , there is something wrong a bout Al Hassan Family and QA's family, unless they were late or something , but what is the reason for not go or for being late
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
No. There is no concept of "royal" or "commoner" in Islam. Everybody is equal.
And as I said before, any Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim man. Only a Muslim man can marry a Chrisitian or Jewish woman.
The reason a Muslim woman cant do the same is because in Islam if a man marries a Christian or Jewish woman, she is accorded the same rights and protections as a Muslim wife and she doesnt have to convert. But no such protection is accorded to a Muslim woman in those two faiths. Infact anyone who marries out of the faith in those religions isnt considered married in the eyes of God. So in order to save Muslim women from living under such an unlawful marriage, they're only allowed to marry Muslim men.
Even with the men though, while they're allowed to marry Christian and Jewish women, who are People of the Book, it is still preferred that they marry Muslim women.
You asked in a previous post if it was in the Quran. Yes it is. This is going off-topic so I'll give you one reference (Surah 60, verse 10)

Yep True! Cudn't have said that better :)
Old 06-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz
Salma also seems to get bored. She meets persons she doesn't know and they are not as warm with her as is Queen Sofia. ???
for me she seems stressed not bored, but it is comprehensible, she don't know anyone in this party, it is obvious that it is more simple for her with queen sofia who is a very nice person, but she must learn to keep her smile in all occasions
Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
I think it's one of his sisters.
I PErsonally think it's Hashims' FIancee "Al-Anood" :o

LOL According to the latest rumors I heard :o :p
Old 06-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
whos the lady betwwn price hashim and prince hamzah?And is Nour wearing the same red dress she did before ger marriage?

I think she is P.Iman .
Old 06-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Well I don't agree that the Bible has been rewrittne on several occasions. It does have different versions of it, like from Old Enlgish to more Modern English and also to language translations, but it is still the perfect Word of God

2 Timothy 3:16
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

As far as women's rights...women ahv eequal rights as men in fact God created us equal. It is some men, who claimed to be Christians and adherents of His Word, that say that women do not have rigths and are not equal:

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Genesis 1:27) (Man refers to men and women)

And God blessed them (my emphasis: them refers to men and women-adam and eve), and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" (Genesis 1:28).

Galatians 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
That is an excellent scripture, on how Christ sees men and women as equal.

Numbers 27
8 "Say to the Israelites, 'If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter." This happened after the daughters of Zelophehad had to petition Moses to give them their fathers inheritance who died and had no sons. Moses prayed and God confirmed that this was true. However the clansmen had a problem in that if the women remarried outside of the tribe, that inheritance would go to the other tribe. Therefore it was decided that women could inherit, but they had to marry within their tribe.

Also there are numerous examples of women who had leadeship roles: deborah was a Prophetess and Judge of Israel (which is a rough equivalent to King and she was head of the army), Priscilla was a pastor alongside her husband and was referred to by Paul before he referred to her husbandand with her husband she had a tent-making business, Phoebe was an evangelist, Lydia had her own business and was quite successful, Euodia and Syntychewere helped to spread the Gospel,
Luke 10:38-42). John 4:4-30, 39-42).

Ok sorry to stay off topic and I probably haven't given all the evidenece that in the Bible their is right for women, but I just needed to express this.
Hi Reina,

Okay this is going to be my ultimate last post regarding this subject on this thread. In reference to the Bible being “rewritten”, I have a friend who was raised as a religious Catholic and according to her (as well as some books that I’ve read), as you stated there are indeed different versions of the Bible (as there are of the Quran and various other holy books especially on a linguistic and/or wording basis), but both her and I have heard some stories about actual words/sentences being completely changed around in some translations of the Biblical scripture (as could happen within any other holy book), whether in the past or in the present.

As for the idea of men and women being considered to be equal on a Biblical basis, while some verses in the scripture do give this idea, others don’t including:

Genesis 3:16, which states that Eve’s (or women’s) “… desire shall be for [their] husband, and he shall rule over [them].”

1 Corinthians 11:3-6 also states, “… that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.”

You were actually (partially-to individuals) right about the inheritance verse. Although, some people interpret numbers 27:8 in the sense that a woman only gets inheritance if she has no brother and/or if he has died. If her brother’s around, then she gets nothing from a given viewpoint. Also this verse continues to speak about male and not female relatives of the man (that he should give his inheritance to) if he has no daughter.

In reference to women being able to be prophetesses, pastors and evangelists, because 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 states that “… women [should] keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; … and if they [do] learn anything, [they] [should] ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for woman to speak in the church," individuals interpret the idea that a woman cannot spread the religion and/or cannot interpret any religious education on her own.

And off course in reference to divorce, Mark 10:11-12 explains that "... Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery,” so some people interpret the idea that divorce is basically not allowed.

Again, as I earlier stated “any” religious scripture can be interpreted differently, especially through a formal, sectarian, cultural and/or ideological basis (as well as linguistic to a certain extent). But the point that I was trying to make in my first post on this thread, was that some so-called Christian (as well as non-Christian) states in the past “used” these interpretations to deprive women of certain rights. These viewpoints are not necessarily the “truth”, but whereas the issues related to these ideologies are somewhat vague in reference to women’s rights within the Bible, in the Quran they are more direct. And Reina, if you’d like to continue this discussion, I really wouldn’t mind discussing it with you further, but outside of this thread because we went from Princess Badiya’s wedding, to marriage between a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man, to a critique of viewpoints regarding women’s place within the Bible … which doesn’t seem quite right in reference to the content that should be spoken about on this particular thread lol.
In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Old 06-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovy_bear
Hi Reina,

there are indeed different versions of the Bible (as there are of the Quran and various other holy books especially on a linguistic and/or wording basis).
there's only one version of Quran,it's never been re-written and there's no distortion in it's meanings since the first.

Tags
jordan, princess badiya, wedding