Princess Badiya of Jordan & Khalid Blair June 24, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
houri said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163017

is that P.Rahia who behaind the british lady ( who wear blue outfit ) in the right of the pic ? or she is the girl who behind the Queen becuase it seems that who in the right side of the pic are british ( or I am wrong ?! )

( I hope you all understand my question :eek: )

Aw I know which one you mean :) , she looks like her alot, but im not sure if its her!

Salma also seems to get bored. She meets persons she doesn't know and they are not as warm with her as is Queen Sofia. ???

Nad25 said:
Aw I know which one you mean :) , she looks like her alot, but im not sure if its her!

thanx for your answer , I wish to find a new pictures for the weding I want to see Queen Noor children :(

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Does anyone think that's Princess Iman in this pic sitting behind Rania (on her left)?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163014

I also wish I could see a better picture of Princess Ghida. She looks very pretty and seems to be wearing a lovely outfit.
Those of you who saw the wedding on tv, did you see Prince Ali and Princess Rym?

i saw the event on TV , PA and PRym and P Haya they didn't show up ,i was really surprised , why they didn't attend her wedding , i wonder if prince Hassan attended PA'S wedding i couldn't see him on the pictures or on TV , there is something wrong a bout Al Hassan Family and QA's family, unless they were late or something , but what is the reason for not go or for being late

~*~Humera~*~ said:
No. There is no concept of "royal" or "commoner" in Islam. Everybody is equal.
And as I said before, any Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim man. Only a Muslim man can marry a Chrisitian or Jewish woman.
The reason a Muslim woman cant do the same is because in Islam if a man marries a Christian or Jewish woman, she is accorded the same rights and protections as a Muslim wife and she doesnt have to convert. But no such protection is accorded to a Muslim woman in those two faiths. Infact anyone who marries out of the faith in those religions isnt considered married in the eyes of God. So in order to save Muslim women from living under such an unlawful marriage, they're only allowed to marry Muslim men.
Even with the men though, while they're allowed to marry Christian and Jewish women, who are People of the Book, it is still preferred that they marry Muslim women.
You asked in a previous post if it was in the Quran. Yes it is. This is going off-topic so I'll give you one reference (Surah 60, verse 10)

Yep True! Cudn't have said that better :)

yazz said:
Salma also seems to get bored. She meets persons she doesn't know and they are not as warm with her as is Queen Sofia. ???

for me she seems stressed not bored, but it is comprehensible, she don't know anyone in this party, it is obvious that it is more simple for her with queen sofia who is a very nice person, but she must learn to keep her smile in all occasions

cd_1 said:
whos the lady betwwn price hashim and prince hamzah?And is Nour wearing the same red dress she did before ger marriage?

I think she is P.Iman .

Reina said:
Well I don't agree that the Bible has been rewrittne on several occasions. It does have different versions of it, like from Old Enlgish to more Modern English and also to language translations, but it is still the perfect Word of God

2 Timothy 3:16
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

As far as women's rights...women ahv eequal rights as men in fact God created us equal. It is some men, who claimed to be Christians and adherents of His Word, that say that women do not have rigths and are not equal:

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Genesis 1:27) (Man refers to men and women)

And God blessed them (my emphasis: them refers to men and women-adam and eve), and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" (Genesis 1:28).

Galatians 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
That is an excellent scripture, on how Christ sees men and women as equal.

Numbers 27
8 "Say to the Israelites, 'If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter." This happened after the daughters of Zelophehad had to petition Moses to give them their fathers inheritance who died and had no sons. Moses prayed and God confirmed that this was true. However the clansmen had a problem in that if the women remarried outside of the tribe, that inheritance would go to the other tribe. Therefore it was decided that women could inherit, but they had to marry within their tribe.

Also there are numerous examples of women who had leadeship roles: deborah was a Prophetess and Judge of Israel (which is a rough equivalent to King and she was head of the army), Priscilla was a pastor alongside her husband and was referred to by Paul before he referred to her husbandand with her husband she had a tent-making business, Phoebe was an evangelist, Lydia had her own business and was quite successful, Euodia and Syntychewere helped to spread the Gospel,
Luke 10:38-42). John 4:4-30, 39-42).

Ok sorry to stay off topic and I probably haven't given all the evidenece that in the Bible their is right for women, but I just needed to express this.
Hi Reina,

Okay this is going to be my ultimate last post regarding this subject on this thread. In reference to the Bible being “rewritten”, I have a friend who was raised as a religious Catholic and according to her (as well as some books that I’ve read), as you stated there are indeed different versions of the Bible (as there are of the Quran and various other holy books especially on a linguistic and/or wording basis), but both her and I have heard some stories about actual words/sentences being completely changed around in some translations of the Biblical scripture (as could happen within any other holy book), whether in the past or in the present.

As for the idea of men and women being considered to be equal on a Biblical basis, while some verses in the scripture do give this idea, others don’t including:

Genesis 3:16, which states that Eve’s (or women’s) “… desire shall be for [their] husband, and he shall rule over [them].”

1 Corinthians 11:3-6 also states, “… that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.”

You were actually (partially-to individuals) right about the inheritance verse. Although, some people interpret numbers 27:8 in the sense that a woman only gets inheritance if she has no brother and/or if he has died. If her brother’s around, then she gets nothing from a given viewpoint. Also this verse continues to speak about male and not female relatives of the man (that he should give his inheritance to) if he has no daughter.

In reference to women being able to be prophetesses, pastors and evangelists, because 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 states that “… women [should] keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; … and if they [do] learn anything, [they] [should] ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for woman to speak in the church," individuals interpret the idea that a woman cannot spread the religion and/or cannot interpret any religious education on her own.

And off course in reference to divorce, Mark 10:11-12 explains that "... Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery,” so some people interpret the idea that divorce is basically not allowed.

Again, as I earlier stated “any” religious scripture can be interpreted differently, especially through a formal, sectarian, cultural and/or ideological basis (as well as linguistic to a certain extent). But the point that I was trying to make in my first post on this thread, was that some so-called Christian (as well as non-Christian) states in the past “used” these interpretations to deprive women of certain rights. These viewpoints are not necessarily the “truth”, but whereas the issues related to these ideologies are somewhat vague in reference to women’s rights within the Bible, in the Quran they are more direct. And Reina, if you’d like to continue this discussion, I really wouldn’t mind discussing it with you further, but outside of this thread because we went from Princess Badiya’s wedding, to marriage between a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man, to a critique of viewpoints regarding women’s place within the Bible … which doesn’t seem quite right in reference to the content that should be spoken about on this particular thread lol.

lovy_bear said:
Hi Reina,

there are indeed different versions of the Bible (as there are of the Quran and various other holy books especially on a linguistic and/or wording basis).
there's only one version of Quran,it's never been re-written and there's no distortion in it's meanings since the first.

Ok again I have to disagree. The Bible has not been rewritten. When it has been translated, it has been translated from the original Greek. Besides the Bible is one of the most accurate books, including hsitorically accurate. you can read of events that truly happened at the right place, time, etc. Unfortunately, some peopl ebelieve that the Bible has been rewritten and that it is not accurate, but God doe snot make a mistake and I feel sorry for ppl who try to rewrite His word.
Revelations 22
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

In regards to the women not being able to speak in the church-Paul was talking abou ta direct situation where some women were disrupting the church. paul was not saying that women cnnot be preachers, evangelist and have role sin the church. Infact, you can read in the Bible where Paul talks about these women (I have given some examples in my previous post) who were pastors, evangelists, etc. Paul did not mention anything about them having to be quiet, he encourage them and the work that God had given them.

Ok I hope i did not sound harsh or dogmatic, but even in the church, adn as lovy_bear says, ppl do misinterpret the Word for their own benfeit or beliefs. But all in all God's Word is perfect and it has, does, and will stand. I am by no means perfect and I can't cover everything and I have so much more to learn, but these are just some of the things that I believe as a Christian.

Umm I really liked PBadiya's dress.;)

While I think that clarifying some questions about marriage between a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man were okay in the beginning, we are now straying way off topic with discussions of whether or not the Bible was re-written or by quoting passages from the Bible.

Please get back on topic.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

cute_girl said:
there's only one version of Quran,it's never been re-written and there's no distortion in it's meanings since the first.

Yes I agree, sorry I meant "translations" of the Quran (into languages aside from Arabic) and not "versions" :rolleyes:

As for the wedding/engagement function, I liked the fact that it took place outside since it looked more natural and naturey (is naturey even a real word lol) through that way. I have a question though (my apologies for asking if it has already been answered). Is the woman standing next to Princess Sarvath (in the picture below) Khalid's sister or a female relative? Cuz he, the woman and the woman in pink (standing next to him) who I'm assuming is his mother, have the exact same nose structure lol.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163015

Last edited by a moderator:
papillon said:
And I think Q. Sofia was in Jordan earlier this week, but had to leave before the wedding.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
btw..i just noticed that in the Jordan Times article's list of countries, Spain is mentioned as well. I wonder which memeber of the Spanish royal family was there. It probably wasnt one of the senior members.
It was Q. Sofia. She had to leave before Friday's festivities, but she participated in the earlier ones.

Lovely, the bride look wonderful.
And Queen Rania is stunning like always.
But this wedding is not very traditional, or is just my impression...

Well it reminded me of our weddings here in UK. Its a bit british I think cos only western traditions you have flower girls and page boys. Dont forget the grooms British :)

-H.R.H. Princess Badiya El Hassan. b. at Amman, 28th March 1974, educ. Baccalaureate Sch., Amman; Sherborne, Dorset; Christ Church, Oxford (BA Hons); and LSE (LL.M.). Barr-at-Law (Lincoln's Inn). Patron The Oxonian Soc. m. at Amman, 22nd September 2004 (nikah) Khalid Blair, née Edward Blair

very well-educated lady. Her parents must be pround of her. So she is a lawyer?
And her husband looks like a lawyer as well... certainly does seem like a man with a noble origin.

Last edited:
Thanks papillon. I just found out more about P Badiya from PHassan site.

[size=+1]Her Royal Highness Princess Badiya[/size]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]" HRH Princess Badiya El Hassan, youngest daughter of HRH Prince El Hassan and Princess Sarvath, was born on the 28th of March 1974. After completing her primary education at the Amman Baccalaureate School, Princess Badiya went to Sherborne School for Girls in the United Kingdom. HRH read history at Christ Church, Oxford University, where she graduated with a B.A. Honours degree. Princess Badiya has a Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the College of Law, London, and was called to the Bar by Lincoln's Inn in 1998. HRH successfully completed an LL.M. in Public International Law at the London School of Economics.

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]After finishing her studies, Princess Badiya gained experience working for United Nations agencies in New York and Geneva. Since leaving the United Nations, Princess Badiya has been working on Prince Hassan's projects to further interfaith and cross-cultural understanding. Princess Badiya also attends official functions and conferences at home and abroad, both as Prince Hassan's representative and independently. "[/font]

[/font]

Actually for whoever said that not a senior Spanish royal attended, the Queen of Spain came to some of the pre-wedding ceremonies but the actual day was Spain's national day so she was forced to go home. Multiple princes and princesses from Luxembourg and Denmark and Holland were there.

The Queen of Spain was the most senior Royal in attendance from what I can gather.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The outfit of Salma like the same

The are not the same outfits either.

Also a good show from the other European royal families, was expecting Queen Sofia to be there.

Queen Sofia was there. She attended pre-wedding parties but the wedding day was the national day of Spain.

I am a new poster, and I hope my question is not out of line. I am very curious as to why Queen Noor would not have been at Ali or Haya's weddings. She was their stepmother and helped to raise them. What is the problem there? Thanks, and I hope I haven't offended anyone by this question.

Back
Top Bottom