Princess Anne & Captain Mark Philips 1973

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So her and Tim Laurence aren't happy together...Could someone give details of the demise of her 1st marriage?

I heard that they have led pretty seperate lives for a while.

Princess Anne and Tim arent happy in marriages but her 1st marry to Mark same things but the taboilds says she and Mark would divorces soon and after divorces she met Tim after divorces and soon getting married in December and no tell her mum the Queen and her grandmother Queen Mother to annoucement engagement and wedding its really secret!

Anne and Tim been married for long time but Anne wanted divorces again but she cant get divorces she told her mother about words "D"

Sara Boyce

APL Pictures

Attachments

• 1973 Anne & Mark 001.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 001.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 684
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 002.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 002.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 702
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 003.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 003.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 657
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 004.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 004.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 717
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 005.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 005.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 871
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 006.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 006.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 620
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 007.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 007.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 008.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 008.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 925
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 009.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 009.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 758
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 010.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 010.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 739
1. APL Picture
2. Keystone
3. Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• 1973 Anne & Mark 011.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 011.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 513
  • 1104257719.jpg
    1104257719.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 573
  • 1973 Anne & Mark 02.JPG
    1973 Anne & Mark 02.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 670
sara1981 said:
Princess Anne and Tim arent happy in marriages but her 1st marry to Mark same things but the taboilds says she and Mark would divorces soon and after divorces she met Tim after divorces and soon getting married in December and no tell her mum the Queen and her grandmother Queen Mother to annoucement engagement and wedding its really secret!

Anne and Tim been married for long time but Anne wanted divorces again but she cant get divorces she told her mother about words "D"

Sara Boyce
Where did you hear this?

Thanks to the contributions of pdas1201, Mandy and Dennism, this thread is wonderful! Check it out! :)

Wedding of Princess Anne and Mark Phillips

Does anyone have pictures or souvenirs they'd like to post?

Any memories?

Someone asked about foreign royals.

There's a picture in post 6. You can see Beatrix (maybe Claus, I can't tell); Harold and Sonja; and Juan Carlos and Sofia.

In post 6 there's a picture of Grace, in the infamous "winter white", and Rainier.

I wasn't sure who all of the people in the group photo are, so that's probably an underestimate of foreign royals.

Pdas101 and everyone else, thanks <so> much for posting these lovely pics of one of my all-time favorite royal brides!!

Imo, she looked radiant, and I liked her dress too, very fairy tale like in a seventies kind of way! I have to say, Phillips wasn't bad looking either actually.

Question for our very own Windsor expert Sara Boyce, do you happen to sort of know/have heard why Anne and second hubby are not so fond of each other any more?

I was cruising around on ebay the other day and saw a vintage wedding dress very similar to Anne's with the angel sleeves (they were comparing it to a Princess Leia dress -- a few years off).

Dennism said:
Some photos from Corbis:
Anne was so gorgeous at that time! I can't figure out why she didn't stay that way:confused: :confused: :confused:

Anne is still beautiful and has a lovely figure. She just doesn't bother with the makeup and the clothes most of the time (who does?). I think Anne just has other priorities.

iowabelle said:
Anne is still beautiful and has a lovely figure. She just doesn't bother with the makeup and the clothes most of the time (who does?). I think Anne just has other priorities.

Who does? well Mary for one (that's an easy one), Zara her own daughter (with a lot a pizzaz), and most of the other women.

I'm sorry, Princessbellyflop, I didn't understand your post.

I think Anne is one of those people who is very goal-oriented. Her main focuses seem to be royal duties, charity work and her family. I don't think you'd catch her at a fashion show like Mette-Merit or Mary (not that I'm criticizing them, I understand it's part of their duties to gain attention to their national industries).

She's just not into dressing up and "looking like a princess."

I just have those photos to share too from ANP Photo:

Attachments

• 2908406.jpg
    2908406.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,965
  • 2909520.jpg
    2909520.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 617
This was my favorite royal wedding; probably because it was the first one I got up to see. The crowds and the atmosphere was really great and I loved Anne's dress, it looked so regal. This was also the first time I got to see Prince Andrew up close and I fell in love.

They were really a great looking couple. Mark Phillips was gorgeous though I suspected he turned out to be a good looking charming cad.

mgrant said:
Anne was so gorgeous at that time! I can't figure out why she didn't stay that way:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think, mgrant, this was the time when they wanted to make Anne over in a fairytale princess style. Some of her portraits from this period really are beautiful and look like Old World paintings. But got fed up with the fairytale princess image at some point and dropped it. As far as I know, she never looked back.

mark phillips was very handsome and good looking and anne was lovely, please post more pics!!

thanks steven, those were lovely, they were such a good couple, does anybody knows were can I find old pics of them, not necessarily of the wedding, id' really apreciate it

Steven, I must say there is a great work has been done. All photos are rare and beautiful. Though a pair of Princess Anne and Mark Philips are beautiful by themselves!!!))) Especially, I was impressed by the official photos. Thank you for pics!!!)))

Queen Elisabeth II looks quite better now with her white hair than 30 years before. Thanks for showing this old pictures again, I remember Princess Grace dressed in white at such a famous Royal wedding.

Oh My God, I have never seen these beautiful photos before....:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
Thank you very much, STEVEN!!!:previous::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at her train, I guess it must have been a good 6' long.

The train of the actual gown ended five feet from the hem of the skirt, which would equate to about 7 feet from the back of the waist.

Very nice and interesting pictures in this thread! Princess Anne has changed so much.

Back
Top Bottom