The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Serene Highness

Pdas101 and everyone else, thanks <so> much for posting these lovely pics of one of my all-time favorite royal brides!!

Imo, she looked radiant, and I liked her dress too, very fairy tale like in a seventies kind of way! I have to say, Phillips wasn't bad looking either actually.

Question for our very own Windsor expert Sara Boyce, do you happen to sort of know/have heard why Anne and second hubby are not so fond of each other any more?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was cruising around on ebay the other day and saw a vintage wedding dress very similar to Anne's with the angel sleeves (they were comparing it to a Princess Leia dress -- a few years off).

Old 08-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Some photos from Corbis:
Anne was so gorgeous at that time! I can't figure out why she didn't stay that way
Old 08-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

Anne is still beautiful and has a lovely figure. She just doesn't bother with the makeup and the clothes most of the time (who does?). I think Anne just has other priorities.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Anne is still beautiful and has a lovely figure. She just doesn't bother with the makeup and the clothes most of the time (who does?). I think Anne just has other priorities.
Who does? well Mary for one (that's an easy one), Zara her own daughter (with a lot a pizzaz), and most of the other women.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sorry, Princessbellyflop, I didn't understand your post.

I think Anne is one of those people who is very goal-oriented. Her main focuses seem to be royal duties, charity work and her family. I don't think you'd catch her at a fashion show like Mette-Merit or Mary (not that I'm criticizing them, I understand it's part of their duties to gain attention to their national industries).

She's just not into dressing up and "looking like a princess."
Old 09-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I just have those photos to share too from ANP Photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2908406.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	200623   Click image for larger version

Name:	2909520.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	200624  
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This was my favorite royal wedding; probably because it was the first one I got up to see. The crowds and the atmosphere was really great and I loved Anne's dress, it looked so regal. This was also the first time I got to see Prince Andrew up close and I fell in love.

They were really a great looking couple. Mark Phillips was gorgeous though I suspected he turned out to be a good looking charming cad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
Anne was so gorgeous at that time! I can't figure out why she didn't stay that way
I think, mgrant, this was the time when they wanted to make Anne over in a fairytale princess style. Some of her portraits from this period really are beautiful and look like Old World paintings. But got fed up with the fairytale princess image at some point and dropped it. As far as I know, she never looked back.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Gentry

mark phillips was very handsome and good looking and anne was lovely, please post more pics!!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Gentry

thanks steven, those were lovely, they were such a good couple, does anybody knows were can I find old pics of them, not necessarily of the wedding, id' really apreciate it
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Steven, I must say there is a great work has been done. All photos are rare and beautiful. Though a pair of Princess Anne and Mark Philips are beautiful by themselves!!!))) Especially, I was impressed by the official photos. Thank you for pics!!!)))
Old 07-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

Anyone else think that they based Princess Leia's look on Princess Anne's wedding ensemble: the high collar, the bell-sleeves, even the fullness of the hairdo?
Princess Leia - Photo - The World of Star Wars
Old 07-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elisabeth II looks quite better now with her white hair than 30 years before. Thanks for showing this old pictures again, I remember Princess Grace dressed in white at such a famous Royal wedding.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh My God, I have never seen these beautiful photos before....
Thank you very much, STEVEN!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Here is an article I found about the wedding. It says the Queen shed joyous tears as Princess Anne married Mark Phillips. Ellensburg Daily Record - Google News Archive Search
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Nobility

Looking at her train, I guess it must have been a good 6' long.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin View Post
Looking at her train, I guess it must have been a good 6' long.
The train of the actual gown ended five feet from the hem of the skirt, which would equate to about 7 feet from the back of the waist.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Very nice and interesting pictures in this thread! Princess Anne has changed so much.