Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Evening Wedding Reception - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Harry has his way, I'm sure many of them will be up all night! They have all Saturday to sleep, lol.

I loved Kates dress for the second reception just saw it on BBC, William is a lucky man!

The evening gown was nice especially the cut but my first impression was is this the wedding gown without the lace & train, the cut of the bust was the same under part of her wedding gown. I don't like the bolero but I do like the belt part. I wish she had her hair up or pulled to the back, it looked like a big mess.

Last edited:
I would've loved to hear Wills speech. It's so moving to hear Charles say she's the daughter he never had:)

Here is a gallery of Kate at the reception (pictures seen before) but they are a close up if the dress
see here

lovely dress for the reception but ... something weird about the bust (as others have mentioned)
still lovely shape & fabric ... though I would have liked in more in a light colour -- champagne, dusty rose, lilac ... just some light colour/tint

hope they & all their family & friends are having a wonderful time

Kate looks amazing what an amazing day and a beautiful wedding. I wish them the best of luck. :)

I hope that the public let's them have a chance and that they don't start demanding stories and pictures and thus put pressure on them.

Catherine looked beautiful on her wedding day in both dresses. Also her sister was stunning... Beatiful Middleton girls...

I was hoping for emerald, that green looks tacky against her tanned skin. But at least it's colour I guess. Wonder what the York girls will arrive in.

I'm just now catching up on discussions as I finally succumbed to a deep, long sleep sorely needed. I'm not sure I even want to know what the York girls showed up in but I seriously doubt it could be any worse than what they wore to the wedding. ;)

I'm just now catching up on discussions as I finally succumbed to a deep, long sleep sorely needed. I'm not sure I even want to know what the York girls showed up in but I seriously doubt it could be any worse than what they wore to the wedding. ;)

I thought Beatrice's dress was lovely for a morning wedding - her headgear another matter.

Eugenie - well I am not sure what she was wearing, how often she was fitted for it or whether she actually wore the right thing.

I must admit I can't wait for this hideous fashion idea of fascinators to end and ladies return to wearing real hats.

I did hear one fashion commentatot on TV this morning say he thought Beatrice looked great and loved her head piece.

I do wonder a bit if she was trying to make a statement. If I remember right the ribbon thing on the Middleton Coat of Arms for Kate was supposed to mean that she was unmarried and that headpiece of Beatrice's actually reminded me of the ribbon/bow on top of Kate's Coat of Arms - probably just me.

Anne also looked awful.

However the evening attire, from what we can see in the cars looked a lot better.

I do wonder a bit if she was trying to make a statement. If I remember right the ribbon thing on the Middleton Coat of Arms for Kate was supposed to mean that she was unmarried and that headpiece of Beatrice's actually reminded me of the ribbon/bow on top of Kate's Coat of Arms - probably just me.

I thought so as well - but then: do they have "maiden" ribbons of Royal Coat of Arms? And does Beatrice has her own Coat of Arms or does she uses her father's with a ribbon? She surely has the coronet of a grandchild of the souverain?

I thought so as well - but then: do they have "maiden" ribbons of Royal Coat of Arms? And does Beatrice has her own Coat of Arms or does she uses her father's with a ribbon? She surely has the coronet of a grandchild of the souverain?

She has her own Coat of Arms and they don't have the ribbon.

The one with the ribbon was the Middleton Coat of Arms and I am sure that I read that Kate would only be able to use it with the ribbon until yesterday as the ribbon indicated an unmarried lady.

I just thought that maybe Beatrice was linking her headpiece to that idea.

Aren't there any royal guests or friends during the evening reception? I guess it's for close friends and family only.

madeleine victoria said:
Aren't there any royal guests or friends during the evening reception? I guess it's for close friends and family only.

350 guests went to the evening reception. Don't know about royal guests but friends definitely would have gone.

ghost_night554 said:

Well we were convinced they'd call her Princess Catherine but never Prince Catherine ;)

I think it's cute Charles, William and Harry tease each other- shows they're close. Party sounds like good fun- too bad we all weren't invited......!

I loved Carole Middleton's dress for the evening reception. I guess that, unlike her daughter, she doesn't see any need to confine herself to British designers?

Pippa's dress didn't really appeal to me much, too low-cut. And where was her boyfriend? I'm starting to think they split up because I haven't had a glimpse of him throughout the events.

It looked like both Chelsy and Beatrice wore one-shoulder dresses; Beatrice's looked rather gaudy from what I could see, Chelsy's was better but I didn't like her hair.

The red color was attractive on Eugenie, and I liked the neckline, but I couldn't see enough of the dress to know the total effect.

(Wonder where the three of them were going together?)

I like Catherine's second dress, elegant and sexy. She looks lovely. Her mother too, but I'm not sure about black color. Pippa's gown color is great but she is really skinny and this dress shows it. All men are dashing.
I hope that reception was successful, everybody deserved for some fun.

The DM had nice pics of the Spencer relatives leaving the evening party.

Mirabel said:
I loved Carole Middleton's dress for the evening reception. I guess that, unlike her daughter, she doesn't see any need to confine herself to British designers?

Pippa's dress didn't really appeal to me much, too low-cut. And where was her boyfriend? I'm starting to think they split up because I haven't had a glimpse of him throughout the events.

It looked like both Chelsy and Beatrice wore one-shoulder dresses; Beatrice's looked rather gaudy from what I could see, Chelsy's was better but I didn't like her hair.

The red color was attractive on Eugenie, and I liked the neckline, but I couldn't see enough of the dress to know the total effect.

(Wonder where the three of them were going together?)

Wait- where are these pics? I didn't see any pics of guest- Chelsy or Bea, can u post links?

Last edited:
Zonk said:
The DM had nice pics of the Spencer relatives leaving the evening party.

Can you post link I can not find any pics

I've seen sketches of Chelsy's blue evening dress but have not yet seen any photos.

I love Pippa's green dress. The color is beautiful on her.

I have question: how did we get pictures from the luncheon at BP? I'm assuming they weren't officially released by Clarence House, otherwise they would have been on the BBC. Have they been leaked by people present at the reception?

I did not see Dave Clark(Beatrice's boyfriend) at the wedding ceremony,it's interesting if he attended the evening party.
I wonder if royal boyfriends or girlfriends are admitted or invited to such ceremonies or only the engaged one are invited.

no royals were at the evening party. All royals were guests at prince Pavlo's home as he told in a greek tv chanel.

Back
Top Bottom