Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Evening Wedding Reception - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pictures like these haven't been seen before where British royal weddings are concerned and there are a few available, so in someone's experience it is probably "ALOT".
Exactly whether it be the receiving line or them eating I don't care at this point we've never gotten any type of access inside the palace after the balcony appearance so for me this is ALOT more then normal.

Pictures like these haven't been seen before where British royal weddings are concerned and there are a few available, so in someone's experience it is probably "ALOT".

It's Catherine meeting commonwealth dignitaries, the only special thing is that she's wearing a wedding gown and you can see some of BP. You see that amount of BP on a state visit when similar pictures are taken. I see nothing special about these pictures. What would have been special were to hear the speeches tonight, or the first dance perhaps. This might be the wedding of the heir to the heir, but the BRF are lagging behind on allowing the press in. I know the British press are more fierce than in Europe, but that's because they have to fight for what they get and they aren't allowed to photograph something that the whole world would like to see. Wouldn't you like to hear some of the wonderful and probably humourous things that Harry is going to say tonight? Or the touching speech William is going to make to his bride?
This is a wedding, a royal one, not a state occasion but a royal one at that. One million people went to London today to see this couple, thousands have been camping out since wednesday to see them, and after the arrival of the guests tonight, the doors will be shut and that's it. I find that silly for a modern monarchy, William has said he wants to be 'normal' he's the 'call me wills' type of guy. Surely allowing the press in to hear the speeches isn't going to be that horrific for them. The majority of the european couples have handled it perfectly well and almost all have them are some how connected to the BRF.

I'm not saying this because I'm just dying for more info etc, but because I generally think that the royal family are doing the wrong things the old fashioned way.

I was hoping for emerald, that green looks tacky against her tanned skin. But at least it's colour I guess. Wonder what the York girls will arrive in.

It's Catherine meeting commonwealth dignitaries, the only special thing is that she's wearing a wedding gown and you can see some of BP. You see that amount of BP on a state visit when similar pictures are taken. I see nothing special about these pictures. What would have been special were to hear the speeches tonight, or the first dance perhaps. This might be the wedding of the heir to the heir, but the BRF are lagging behind on allowing the press in. I know the British press are more fierce than in Europe, but that's because they have to fight for what they get and they aren't allowed to photograph something that the whole world would like to see. Wouldn't you like to hear some of the wonderful and probably humourous things that Harry is going to say tonight? Or the touching speech William is going to make to his bride?
This is a wedding, a royal one, not a state occasion but a royal one at that. One million people went to London today to see this couple, thousands have been camping out since wednesday to see them, and after the arrival of the guests tonight, the doors will be shut and that's it. I find that silly for a modern monarchy, William has said he wants to be 'normal' he's the 'call me wills' type of guy. Surely allowing the press in to hear the speeches isn't going to be that horrific for them. The majority of the european couples have handled it perfectly well and almost all have them are some how connected to the BRF.

I'm not saying this because I'm just dying for more info etc, but because I generally think that the royal family are doing the wrong things the old fashioned way.

I get your point and opinions differ, for you it doesn't mean a thing and for another it means a lot.

Eeekkk didn't realise how much I had written. Must have got into the moment and rambled on. I'd much prefer to hear the wonderful speeches tonight, and the first dance than Catherine meeting some dignitaries that she's going to meet again and again, wouldn't you?

Eeekkk didn't realise how much I had written. Must have got into the moment and rambled on. I'd much prefer to hear the wonderful speeches tonight, and the first dance than Catherine meeting some dignitaries that she's going to meet again and again, wouldn't you?
ofcourse I would but in this case we aren't going to get it so the fact we still got some photos of the reception which is a change to what normally happens is still good for me.

no tiara for catherine at evening dinner? was hoping to see something or different hairstyle..
definitely not the same dress..morning was ivory and now its white..like real pure white

Last edited:
I like the outfit! I would probably show up in jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers! :lol:

You and me both! I can imagine what a commotion that would cause, though by that time it would be irrelevant because I'd be dead on my feet and want to simply kick back, relax and watch everyone else dance until they drop.

no tiara for catherine at evening dinner? was hoping to see something or different hairstyle..

As it is not an official event and seems to be just private and fun it's perfectly okay she's not wearing a tiara. And also I think Catherine know pretty much what she likes and goes for it she doesn't seem to be a woman trying to find out what fits her and changes her style constatly. I personally like the hair style this way but I know that a lot of ppl hope for an up-do.

i am still disppoinated at somemany things about this wedding anyway the evening reception for kate dress it over done white really she already walk down in white let give her some colours the vigrin bride thing is over done and over too late to sell. i cannot wait to see another guest dress of course chelsy the church outfit was dissppoinated hopeful the evening dress is different look forward to the rest....... thanks guys for the post so far

Lumutqueen said:

Exactly!
It's only 2011. They're acting like someone will die if we hear the wedding speeches. I actually didn't see anything wrong with cameras being allowed in the reception for a few minutes either. They're not God for crying out loud.

Love the second dress- it's better then the first to tell you the truth....this dress is breathetaking

Last edited:
Oh Chelsy's dress for the evening I hope it holds up to the drawings and that she does something with her hair. I think it could be stunning....PLUS I think she needs it Pippa could very well steal Harry tonight with that dress and her early in the day white dress LOL.

I have to say Pippa's dress looks nice but I couldn't help but notice the bra or lack of and the look of pads in the chest area. Just looks a bit like she bought a gown off the rack and not had one made for her with the proper fit etc.

Is it me or is it interesting that the men walk first, then the ladies?? They were just married for heaven's sake! Or is it the fact that they are so comfortable together and it feels like they have been married for years?

Looking at the pics I had the first time today where I really thought oh how I wish Diana were with Charles walking out of Clarence House going with William and Kate to BP. She would be such a proud mother.
Camilla seems to be getting along great with everyone loved seeing her and Prince Philip greet each other with a kiss at the Abbey.

Linda85 I thought the same thing about men in front. Is that tradition of 2 steps behind still going on LOL?
I hope it is just that they are so comfortable. But come on boys your blocking the view of the dresses :ROFLMAO:

For Christ sake ok I won't lie if we had an opportunity to see the reception on tv I'd have LOVED it but we got pics we'll prob have more details by the morning I think we got a good amount. Has anyone thought Wills and Kate may have just wanted some time with their friends away from the cameras. Even if it's just speeches maybe they're personal and don't feel the need to share it with the whole world. Give them a break they put on a good show today. They're prob exhausted and just want to be comfy and not be tensed with all the cameras. I'm sorry that got all rant like but I just needed to get it out. All I've heard from various people I know since the wedding ended is complaints and I've had no sleep in 24 hours so I can't take the complaints much longer. Just had to get it out there. I know people will disagree with me and that's fine but this is my opinion.

That's the same dress that Camilla wore on their visit to Portugal. And the blue lace frock from last evening was worn there, or perhaps in Spain. Tonight's dress- no comment.

I think it is probably easier for them to relax and have fun without the press.

me too i was hoping it would like like crown princess victoria and daniel's wedding!! it would be awesome to see the whole part or at least tiny bitsie...

ghost_night554 said:
I've had no sleep in 24 hours so I can't take the complaints much longer.

Sleep ghost night, you've earned a rest, :)

Is it me or is it interesting that the men walk first, then the ladies?? They were just married for heaven's sake! Or is it the fact that they are so comfortable together and it feels like they have been married for years?

It may be protocol. The sovereign or heir is always two steps ahead of their spouse - for official events.

Of course, they could have done Charles and Camilla walking ahead of William and Catherine. That would have been better, but you may be right too - that they are comfortable that way and this shows that Catherine and Camilla have a good relationship.

I love the Dutchess evening dress . Both of her dresses were so beautiful. I loved everything about her look to day.

Back
Top Bottom