Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Signing of the Register

I've tried to find a picture of the register they signed at Westminster Abbey - has one been published yet?

It was always said that his unit of the SAR was due to be rotated to service in the Falklands this year so this isn't a surprise.

Agreed. It is unfortunate, but on the other hand I think it will endear them to their fellow service families even more. They're strong and will endure it just fine.

Thank you SO much for that clip, ghost_night554!!! I love it how careful her father removes the veil from her face and how Catherine bows so he has a good space to do so.
Wonderful!!! :flowers:

:previous: I think that it's his aunt,Lady Sarah

I'm sure I caught a glimpse of something on the seat of the Royal Carriage, opposite the bride and groom. Did anyone else see it, and if so what was it. I know for sure it wasn't the bouquet.

Exclusively cute: William & Kate

I just saw the cutest video ever of a mini-Will and Kate....it is a riff of them after the wedding and it made me laugh.
smile.gif

YouTube - After the Royal Wedding -- Advice from Trump, Palin & Obama

This is the description...

After the Royal Wedding....Prince William & Princess Catherine get advice from "Donald Trump," "Sarah Palin" and "President Barack Obama."
In this adorable, funny, "kiddie" riff William & Kate share a "dreamlike sequence" with "Trump" "Palin" and "President Obama"....there's even a surprise moment with the "Queen!"

Played by four and five-year old "Royal look-a-likes," Lives of Style TV created, wrote, directed, edited and produced this video riff that will have you smiling and laughing...

Lives of Style features the "best-of-the-best" lifestyle, fashion & style in the world.
Watch Lives of Style's new season in late May on broadcast TV in SF, LA, NY and on the web at Lives Of Style.

It is? She looks rather young here I've made a screen cap and circled the woman I'm talking about
2mfn9lx.jpg

That's not his aunt, that's for sure. At first I thought it was his cousin, Lady Kitty Spencer, but you can see her in the 3rd row from the front next to the older man. I don't know who that is, probably a friend of William's or Catherine's heading back toward her seat.

Last edited:
I'm sure I caught a glimpse of something on the seat of the Royal Carriage, opposite the bride and groom. Did anyone else see it, and if so what was it. I know for sure it wasn't the bouquet.

It might have been a horseshoe for luck. I know one was on the seat of the carriage opposite Diana and Charles when they rode away from St. Paul's.

It is? She looks rather young here I've made a screen cap and circled the woman I'm talking about
2mfn9lx.jpg

I thought that you were talking about to the lady sitting that wore an hat

It was a bunch of white heather, for good luck presumably. I've a feeling - could be wrong - that this is another of those Queen Victoria-related traditions, like the myrtle in the wedding bouquet.

Has anyone seen a picture of Laura Lopes at the wedding?

New to the whole royal family but since watching the Royal Wedding, i have become a fan of william and kate. Beautiful wedding.

Is there a site where they give up to date information on the royal family. I can't get enough Royals.

Thanks

swe3t23 said:
Is there a site where they give up to date information on the royal family. I can't get enough Royals.

Thanks

You're on it...You can find a lot of info in the British thread. This forum is very good about keeping up to date with varies royal families:)

found

Can't remember exactly where it is now in this subforum but there is a wonderful photograph of Kate kneeling as her father lifts the blusher off of her face. I too was dissapointed that we didn't see this in the live coverage.

The photo is here. Exquisite photography I think.

Royal Wedding Ceremony (photos) | OregonLive.com

I think this occurred while a hymn was being sung and the cameras were on Elton John for the ninth time in 10 minutes.

2mfn9lx.jpg

That could be one of the Grosvenor girls (Duke of Westminster's daughters). Looks like the back of Edwina. Not sure tho.

Last edited:

Yes, there was a folded blanket (green/blue tartan I think) on which had been placed a bouquet of flowers (lily of the valley or white heather with green leaf folliage) tied with a red ribbon. I'm surprised William didn;t squash it when he initially sat down facing the wrong way!

Last edited:
For me, Lady Kitty Spencer and her sisters Lady Eliza and Lady Amelia Spencer were the most beautiful girls in royal Wedding, except Kate, of course, cause that was HER day! Wills and Kate:
wed3.gif
!

Lady Kitty Spencer arriving the Abbey:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gPs45XHYGn0/Tb7Tfg67w5I/AAAAAAAAANo/v7xOwPz2XtA/s1600/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-Royal-Wedding2.jpg
Lady Kitty Spencer (details of the best hat of the day):
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fF3pJ5CIWk0/Tb7STZyETcI/AAAAAAAAANk/SsknQcbeI_M/s1600/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-Royal-Wedding1.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/29/article-1381892-0BD310FB00000578-794_634x444.jpg
Lady Kitty Spencer and the incredible Lady Eliza and Amelia Spencer waiting for the ceremony:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9v5yzIIZZCA/Tb7VQLF6v-I/AAAAAAAAANs/5NoOLf5LPMk/s1600/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-Royal-Wedding3.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/29/article-1381892-0BD4D53500000578-435_634x433.jpg
Lady Kitty Spencer showing the most perfect profile of this world:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r1feJxsV3dI/Tb8H5RaozBI/AAAAAAAAANw/Ifd6xkukmhw/s1600/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-Royal-Wedding4.jpg

Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp is turning in a handsome young man, considering his picture in Westminster Abbey above, and the pic below:
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/113277762.jpg/
Another pic of Lady Amelia Spencer:
http://img200.imageshack.us/i/113277759.jpg/
Simply stunning!

While I can see that what she did was not the norm, how is it 'disrespectful'? Its not like she shown up in a pairs of jeans and t-shirt... Was there some kind of dress code for Westminster Abbey?

Just curious...

Mrs. Cameron has never, ever worn a hat for anything. Not disrespectful in any way, shape or form. A woman's hair is headcovering enough.

About the Spencer girls and all the others their age --- why do they all wear clothes that are too small for them?

Last edited:
The first lady mentioned is probably their personal photographer, taking pictures for their private album. As for the lady sitting in front, next to the driver, yep, that's her personal bodyguard--she has been seen in other pictures with Catherine in the past. If you look at other royals in their cars, the person riding shotgun in front is usually their bodyguard. Also they had a Range Rover behind them which I assume are additional security folks just in case.

thanks!
i got the info about the photographer while reading online, her name is Millie Pilkington :flowers:

I was watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Comedy Central. An American show. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to mention it, but they and other satirical shows, comedy shows were banned footage of the wedding to use. Is it common for the royal family to ban footage of weddings to be used for humor?

For me, Lady Kitty Spencer and her sisters Lady Eliza and Lady Amelia Spencer were the most beautiful girls in royal Wedding

Kitty is very like her mother.

Mrs. Cameron has never, ever worn a hat for anything. Not disrespectful in any way, shape or form. A woman's hair is headcovering enough.

I cannot wear anything on my head without getting a headache within a very short time. Perhaps Mrs C is similarly affected.

I had an opinion that The Royal Air Force will Gaddfi before The Royal Wedding, but they only killed his son and some his grandsons after The Royal Wedding.

I think this occurred while a hymn was being sung and the cameras were on Elton John for the ninth time in 10 minutes.

Ahhh!!! Thanks. I was also wondering why i missed THIS moment! It should be a very magic moment! But all cameras were obsessed by Elton John, I was fed-up to see him again and again. I think he was the MORE covered person, out of the BRF!!

Back
Top Bottom