Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I heard (read) that she said "as well you should be." Maybe he remarked that he was getting a little hungry!

That was the take I got on it. Tim said something to her and it looked like she was quipping back at him "as well you should" or something similar. She was not smiling.

Is anyone else disgusted by the growing practice of having professional lip-readers relating what the royals are saying privately to each other and pasting it all over the press? Their privacy is being appallingly abused, in my opinion.

As for the Princess Royal's supposedly saying '...rags to riches...' - as if!

Is there a reason why Samantha Cameron did not wear a hat?
I thought that was very disrespectful.

While I can see that what she did was not the norm, how is it 'disrespectful'? Its not like she shown up in a pairs of jeans and t-shirt... Was there some kind of dress code for Westminster Abbey?

Just curious...

While I can see that what she did was not the norm, how is it 'disrespectful'? Its not like she shown up in a pairs of jeans and t-shirt... Was there some kind of dress code for Westminster Abbey?

Just curious...

I don't think she was completely hatless. She had a small thingamabob on the side of her head. She obviously wasn't disguising a satellite dish.
:D

Just curious...

The invitation specified hats for women :flowers:

I think some of the "hats" worn by some of the attendees were far more disrespectful in their garish ridiculousness than the fact the Prime Minister's wife opted to not wear one at all.

Royal_Eagle said:

Just curious...

If the invitation says to wear hats then she should've worn a hat. I don't know who she thinks she is, but that's disrespectful to not abide by the wishes of the couple. Of course there were lots of ridiculous hats but that's no excuse to not wear one.

Just like if the invite said do not wear a hat and someone showed up with a hat, that would be highly disrespectful. It's the principle that's all.

Polly said:
Is anyone else disgusted by the growing practice of having professional lip-readers relating what the royals are saying privately to each other and pasting it all over the press? Their privacy is being appallingly abused, in my opinion.

I wondered when someone would ask that and I've thought about....this was a very very very public day so my thinking on it is that this day their privacy was not violated....had someone been lip reading from a video taken while they in a home or on private vacation I would find it an invasion....truthfully even I could read her lips when she walked out onto the balcony

I guess my point is on this very public day I'm not sure that they had an accpectation of privacy as long as out in public view so thus not violated.....Does my explanation of my opinion make sense? Just my opinion

If the invitation says to wear hats then she should've worn a hat. I don't know who she thinks she is, but that's disrespectful to not abide by the wishes of the couple. Of course there were lots of ridiculous hats but that's no excuse to not wear one.

Just like if the invite said do not wear a hat and someone showed up with a hat, that would be highly disrespectful. It's the principle that's all.

She should have asked David Beckham for his one.

She didn't wear a hat, it's not like she gave them the Bronx cheer as they were walking up the aisle. It wasn't an intentional slight, like she stood in front of the mirror that morning and said "I'm gonna stick it to those royals -- no hat for me! *evil laugh*"

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson was 100x more disrespectful to the Abbey in her ridiculous and vulgar get-up than Samantha Cameron not wearing a damn hat.

The invitation didn't say anything about hats; indeed, it didn't say what women should wear at all.

Sister Morphine said:
She didn't wear a hat, it's not like she gave them the Bronx cheer as they were walking up the aisle..

What's a Bronx cheer?

Argh! Tara Palmer-Tomkinson is a clear example that money can't buy you class and doesn't equal elegance and discretion. She really crave for any kind of attention, doesn't she?!

The middle finger.
LOL I was just going to ask!

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
She didn't wear a hat, it's not like she gave them the Bronx cheer as they were walking up the aisle. It wasn't an intentional slight, like she stood in front of the mirror that morning and said "I'm gonna stick it to those royals -- no hat for me! *evil laugh*"

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson was 100x more disrespectful to the Abbey in her ridiculous and vulgar get-up than Samantha Cameron not wearing a damn hat.

Bronx cheer...good one lol. No I don't think she thought evil toward them...but I do think as the prime ministers wife she should've made an effort. Forget the hat her entire getup was awful!

Who in the world is Tara Palmer?

Last edited:
found

Can't remember exactly where it is now in this subforum but there is a wonderful photograph of Kate kneeling as her father lifts the blusher off of her face. I too was dissapointed that we didn't see this in the live coverage.

The photo is here. Exquisite photography I think.

Royal Wedding Ceremony (photos) | OregonLive.com

Thanks for posting this link. These are the most beautiful pictures I have seen of the wedding yet. Great details and unique shots.

Anyone wondering I'm just now converting the file then I need to edit out a part where you can hear my voice and then I'll upload it onto zshare and ta da we're done!

Opisi thank you so much for that link, those photos are amazing.

As for the Princess Royal's supposedly saying '...rags to riches...' - as if!

Yes, me! I think it's vulgar and an invasion of privacy...and unless you are actually IN the conversation you can't be certain of what was said anyway! :bang:

I don't understand why some things cannot be kept private.

Thank you, Moonmaiden23,I thought that it was just me. If things continue in this vein, none of the royals will feel comfortable in saying anything at all when in public view. As for the wedding day's being a 'public occasion', nearly every time they are out it's a public occasion - there wouldn't be an opportunity to intrude if they were in private. It's an unlovely and unwelcome trend, in my opinion.

Also, I'd like to congratulate Samantha Cameron, both for looking so effortlessly glamorous and for her thoughtful consideration of those sitting behind her. Her hair ornament was charming and much more suited to the setting, I thought, than the huge, outsized Ascot-style headgear which so many wore. Some were just trying too hard to grab attention.

I have to agree on the lip reading. There IS no way to let it be verifiable and true. Even if you ask the person who was speaking- they could easily lie. Therefore- its not anything you can trust.

I think privacy is something that should be considered when we are dealing with public figures- too much public attention isn't healthy and can be quite damaging I think. A person can't live in the public eye 100% of the time and not be seriously affected by it in a bad way. As a result they find some way to deal with it- and quite a bit of the time that source of stress relief is not a positive way of dealing with stress.

I have to wonder- it is considered rude for a man to wear a hat indoors however its expected that women will wear theirs and keep it as part of their outfit.

I also just find myself wondering how the difference came about. I can't say I run into any circumstances personally wear a hat is required for myself (aside from when it is snowing or very sunny!)

Chelsy Davy's hair looks shoddy.
i so agree, i think she would be a remake of fergie imo but catherine has alway look good i wish i would dress like her i wonder if she could give advice on how to dress classy

Back
Top Bottom