Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huh???!!!! I am quiet sure you did not watch the whole wedding!! Maybe you had a little nap inbetween?

I watched the whole wedding and I think that both William and Catherine looked bored after they had said their 'I wills'.

She moved the ring so that William could put the wedding ban on first then she placed her engagment ring on after the wedding ring.

thank you so this is different from sweden
in sweden the engament ring stays on and the wedding ring goes over it.

There are enough comparisons between Diana and Catherine, we don't need her name coming up during the service. Yes, it's sad that she wasn't there to witness this wonderful day, but she's there with them in spirit, and that's all that counts.

Lumutqueen said:
I watched the whole wedding and I think that both William and Catherine looked bored after they had said their 'I wills'.

They did.
Some people will not admit that though;)

Kate has gotten everything she's ever wanted...she could at least show some happiness.

I don't know how you registered "boredom" on either of their faces. You try getting married in front of hundreds of millions of people and see what kind of facial expressions you keep to.

Apparently because they weren't grinning like idiots and/or a Cheshire cat, the obvious answer is that they must be bored and disinterested. There's more than just the extremes, you know.

No Sister M...no matter how you try to cover it up the fact of the matter is they looked bored.n

They did.
Some people will not admit that though;)

Kate has gotten everything she's ever wanted...she could at least show some happiness.

There's nothing to admit. Like I just said, apparently there's only two possible states a person can be in -- grinning like an idiot or bored to tears. There's no in between, where one can be happy but reserved at the same time.

What's with all this quack armchair psychology?

I just realized I hadn't seen any photos of Philippe and Mathilde.

Found one: http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto/2011/04/29/4773668/5/F201104290492301.jpeg

Mathilde looked very elegant. :flowers: I love that colour too! She might be the best dressed guest.

Could we stop arguing already whether the couple looked happy or unhappy? They looked mostly happy, sometimes a bit tired and sometimes a bit pensive. People have different facial expressions during one day. I'd say they seemed genuinely happy and more so as the day progresses. :)

No Sister M...no matter how you try to cover it up the fact of the matter is they looked bored.n

Then I guess you need to write the Oxford English Dictionary and have the definition changed. Because if that's boredom, then what we had known to actually be boredom should now be called something else.

This was a solemn occasion and to me they were just serious and paying attention. The camera wasn't on them the whole time so we missed seeing them for the whole thing.

Mathilde looked very elegant. :flowers: I love that colour too! She might be the best dressed guest.

Could we stop arguing already whether the couple looked happy or unhappy? They looked mostly happy, sometimes a bit tired and sometimes a bit pensive. People have different facial expressions during one day. I'd say they seemed genuinely happy and more so as the day progresses. :)

You don't understand. They were bored, they don't love each other, they showed no emotions which means they are devoid of humanity, and will be getting an annulment since they obviously don't want to be married to one another.

Thank goodness the amateur Dr. Freuds here were able to let us know precisely what was going on in Catherine and William's heads, otherwise we'd never know how much they loathe and disdain their own wedding day.

just saw the bride's wedding cake. its absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
for me its the best royal wedding cake:flowers:

(i wonder if they will publish some official pics, with the royal family, alone, cutting wedding cake, official first dance, lunch...)
cant wait to see more stuff coming:lol:

Long service, seriously? It was the shortest royal wedding i've ever watched. Attention was on Catherine and William.

[...]

Yes I consider 1 hour long enough for letting the camera showing us at least once the foreign royals that attended the service. No need to compare it with the length of other royal weddings.

Catharina said:
Could we stop arguing already whether the couple looked happy or unhappy:

Hear, hear- can we all agree some plp thought they looked bored/unhappy and others did not think that? Neither side will likely convince the other....

There are enough comparisons between Diana and Catherine, we don't need her name coming up during the service. Yes, it's sad that she wasn't there to witness this wonderful day, but she's there with them in spirit, and that's all that counts.

you are right about that
i just had to ask as i did not listen to the wedding service just had the picture

Sister Morphine said:
There's nothing to admit. Like I just said, apparently there's only two possible states a person can be in -- grinning like an idiot or bored to tears. There's no in between, where one can be happy but reserved at the same time.

What's with all this quack armchair psychology?

That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself. 80% of human communication is in body language.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I feel that one should perhaps take a moment to think about things through after such an occasion before starting to form opinions and express them. I was trying to watch and write at the same time and pretty much just blurted out what was the first impression (and my experience tells me first impressions can be dead wrong!). After watching the things unfold during several hours it did seem different than now. Catherine's dress was one of those things that perhaps reveals its true beauty after you look at it for a longer time, read about all the things behind it and see the beautiful detailing etc. The couple at first seemed very nervous and that is understandable. The further the day progresses the more we have seen them relax and show their feelings. They seem relieved and very happy.

It is sooo boring!! The clothes, the ceremony, William and Kate.. they seems not too happy. It is the worst wedding, what I've ever seen. :(
Maybe because this time it is for real and not just a fairy tale!! What exactly did you expect? They exchanged a lot of smiles and loving looks during the seremony. They wanted their wedding to have a intimate feeling surrounded by their family and friends. What more do you want?!

That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself.

I rather think that it comes from the fact that you hyped this wedding so much beforehand and fell very hard down today. Therefore people who actually saw a wedding they found pleasant must be defending them and making excuses for them.

Last edited:
Thought the nicest moment of the day was the ride in the Aston Martin to Clarence house - down to earth and touching

Skippy said:
I rather think that your major disappointment shows through in your posts about this wedding.

Yes I'm quite disappointed.
I think we all hyped this wedding up so much that it brought a nice downfall. Don't get me wrong it was a nice wedding but I've seen non royal weddings better than this one.

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself.

I don't make excuses for anyone I don't know. Hell, I don't even make excuses for people I do know.

I've been to weddings where people were bored to tears. I know it very, very well. So based on my own personal experiences having been to probably a hundred weddings since I was 16 years old, I can safely say no, they didn't look bored to me and thus I don't know what in the blue blazes you people are going on about. I've seen bored brides, bored grooms, bored attendants, bored family, I've seen bored clergy. I didn't see any of that today, and I think my own experiences allow me the ability to judge for myself what is or what is not going on in front of my face.

They were nervous undoubtedly, more than likely tired, and overwhelmed by the solemnity of their situation. How any of that reads "boredom" to you, is beyond my ability to comprehend it.

In the car on the way the second reception- 2 second glance but....seemed as if very least she wasn't wearing a veil any longer.....no indication if she changed

Back
Top Bottom