Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed that as well and was wondering what he said. Harry looked really happy and proud of William today, and Kate looked beautiful. I thought the Aston Martin was a nice touch.

Does anyone know if we will see the couple again tonight? Will Kate change her dress?
No idea it seems as today is full of surprises so we shall have to wait and see

Oh for goodness sake! Now they are talking about how when the Bishop of London mentioned "family" apparently the Bride had a "knowing smile" so now Sky News are speculating that "2 may soon become 3".

Let them be married for 24 hours at least before you have them as parents!!!

Was it just me, or did Kate look really drawn and strained thoughout the ceremony? Of course, she had the weight of the world on her shoulders and there were reports that she hadn't been sleeping for several nights. But I was a tad worried that she'd pass out.

I thought just the opposite. My mind's eye saw her as rested, well made up, composed and just a general trooper all around. She did a magnificent job.

Emotion is best served privately.

Actually if you watched when Camilla and Charles got into the abbey followed a bit later by HM and Prince Philip, Camilla curtsied to the Queen. They were by the doors before they lined up to walk to their seats.

That was actually the point, HRH's curtsey to HM's but not to each other because they are equals.

Did anyone see Sheikha Mozah? I thought she was supposed to be there along with her husband.

Getting up at 3am was well worth it what a Beutiful wedding everything was perfect .

Does anyone know if we will see the couple again tonight? Will Kate change her dress?

They've been saying there will be a reception at 7pm hosted by Charles, followed by dinner and speeches. That will be followed by a nightclub-style blowout for the young guests, which is being run by Harry and Pippa.

That is all happening at the Palace, so we should see them all driving back there from Clarence House. As for Kate's dress, I can't imagine she'll wear her wedding gown for all of that. I think we have more fashion to look forward to!

NGalitzine said:
That was actually the point, HRH's curtsey to HM's but not to each other because they are equals.

That's incorrect but I see you don't believe me and didn't read the thread I posted earlier. Those of same rank (which is not the same as HRH) don't curtesy to each other-

Iluvbertie said:
Anne has curtseyed to both of Charles' wives simply because they are/were Charles' wife and as such senior to her.

Lady Marmalade said:
Ahh..but technically when Diana married Charles she went straight to the top of the social and protocol list.

Which means that technically Princess Anne, Princess Margaret, and Princess Alexandra, all born royal, had to curtsey to her as she was now the number two lady in the land.

Whether they actually did or did not... I don't know.

Curtseying amongst the royals is done more on the position of your title and rank...

Last edited:
I loved the moment Prince William drove his wife away in that beautiful Aston..

They've been saying there will be a reception at 7pm hosted by Charles, followed by dinner and speeches. That will be followed by a nightclub-style blowout for the young guests, which is being run by Harry and Pippa.

That is all happening at the Palace, so we should see them all driving back there from Clarence House. As for Kate's dress, I can't imagine she'll wear her wedding gown for all of that. I think we have more fashion to look forward to!

Great, I can't wait to see them again.

Prince William looked so happy today. It was great to see how in love they are and how sweet he was on the balcony asking for a second kiss. I'm very happy for both of them and I wish them all the best.

Very nice dress.I absolutly love her shoes.
I think CP Mette Marit has the same or similar shoes

Just to make sure I have this straight regarding titles:

1. Marrying a prince did not make Kate a princess. The only way she would be a princess right now is if the Queen had specifically decreed it.

2. When William becomes the heir and is invested as the Prince of Wales, Kate will automatically become HRH The Princess of Wales.

3. When William becomes king, Kate will be (HRH or HM?) Queen Catherine.

Is that correct?

BTW, all of the American commentators are referring to her as "Princess Kate/Catherine" or "the princess."

If that's true then we have 2 hours to go. Shame all of the networks are going off air by then but I'm sure the news stations will have footage later on of them arriving.

LasMa said:

1. Marrying a prince did not make Kate a princess. The only way she would be a princess right now is if the Queen had specifically decreed it."

She is not a princess by blood but she is a princess- Princess William

LasMa said:
2. When William becomes the heir and is invested as the Prince of Wales, Kate will automatically become HRH The Princess of Wales.

No- not automatically, only if Charles makes William the Prince of Wales which is not automatic

LasMa said:
. 3. When William becomes king, Kate will be (HRH?) Queen Catherine.

Yes

( I think)

Thanks for the additional photos!:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:
At the risk of repeating myself, I would like to point that the caftan worn to the wedding ceremony is a masterpiece.

Last edited:
I love it the royal wedding ... it was great!!! I give double thumbs up!!!

When the party viewed the images. I wonder if the Royal cake.

1. Marrying a prince did not make Kate a princess. The only way she would be a princess right now is if the Queen had specifically decreed it.

Is that correct?

BTW, all of the American commentators are referring to her as "Princess Kate/Catherine" or "the princess."

Not certain, but I think the answers are:

1. Yes, but it would be highly unusual for the Queen to create her a princess in her own right.

2. Yes.

3. She will be Her Majesty Queen Catherine. Note that the wife of a king is queen, but the husband of a reigning queen does not automatically become king.

She is not a princess by blood but she is a princess- Princess William

So her title is HRH Duchess of Cambridge. Is Princess William also a title, or is it a name of sorts?

Is that correct?

1. Catherine is a princess, just not in her own right. Meaning, she is not Princess Catherine, she's Princess William.

2. Yes, when William is created as The Prince of Wales, Catherine will become The Princess of Wales.

3. When William is King, she will be HM Queen Catherine

People are going to call her Princess Kate/Catherine anyway, even though that's not her title.

I know this is a morning wedding, is there any party or lunch or gala dinner after the wedding ceremony?

3. She will be Her Majesty Queen Catherine. Note that the wife of a king is queen, but the husband of a reigning queen does not automatically become king.

Right, just as Phillip is a prince because he's not the monarch. Thanks for the HM clarification; that was the part I wasn't sure about.

LasMa said:
So her title is HRH Duchess of Cambridge. Is Princess William also a title, or is it a name of sorts?

I believe her title is HRH Princess William Duchess of Cambridge etc.... Styled as HRH Duchess of Cambridge

They are both titles, you only gain titles don't lose them and you usually go by your highest (exceptions as like Camilla who while The Princess of Wales goes by The Duchess of Cornwall)

Back
Top Bottom