Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huw Edwards is reading out the Wedding Breakfast menu I believe, and i'm watering at the mouth. It sounds so delicious.

Any link to the wedding reception menu?

Any video of Harry in the carriage with the kids?

Piers Morgan on CNN was reading it too, and he also said William has changed into a 'froth coat'? What's that?

Piers Morgan on CNN was reading it too, and he also said William has changed into a 'froth coat'? What's that?

I think he could mean frock coat, like the tails a man would wear with morning dress:flowers:

A US commentator had harsh words for Eugenie and Beatrice. She felt that both wore intentionally horrid hats because Sarah had not been invited. Personally think that's not true, they just have very odd taste.

:previous: For a brief moment I thought Lady GaGa had been invited, but no, it was Princess Beatrice ;)

BBC have just said they've been told the manner in which William and Catherine will leave for the break at Clarence House at 3.30pm will be "really quite special".

More special than the landau? Equally special? I was going to go an get on with my day, but now I'll have to wait and see this!
In the afternoon, so they won´t attend the evening-party?

In the afternoon, so they won´t attend the evening-party?

They will, but they're spending some time on there own at Clarence House before the evening reception at 8.

Apparently, we are to expect a surprise when they leave BP in about 40 minutes. :flowers:

I loved the gown - just loved it. For those who want to know -
here are the complete details from the official release:
The lace applique for the bodice and skirt was hand-made by the Royal School of Needlework, based at Hampton Court Palace.

The lace design was hand-engineered (appliquéd) using the Carrickmacross lace-making technique, which originated in Ireland in the 1820s.

Individual flowers have been hand-cut from lace and hand-engineered onto ivory silk tulle to create a unique and organic design, which incorporates the rose, thistle, daffodil and shamrock.

Hand-cut English lace and French Chantilly lace has been used throughout the bodice and skirt, and has been used for the underskirt trim. With laces coming from different sources, much care was taken to ensure that each flower was the same colour. The whole process was overseen and put together by hand by Ms Burton and her team.

The dress is made with ivory and white satin gazar. The skirt echoes an opening flower, with white satin gazar arches and pleats. The train measures two metres 70 centimetres.

The ivory satin bodice, which is narrowed at the waist and padded at the hips, draws on the Victorian tradition of corsetry and is a hallmark of Alexander McQueen’s designs. The back is finished with 58 gazar and organza covered buttons fastened by Rouleau loops. The underskirt is made of silk tulle trimmed with Cluny lace.

The Fabrics
French Chantilly lace was combined with English Cluny lace to be hand-worked in the Irish Carrickmacross needlework tradition.
All other fabrics used in the creation of the dress were sourced from and supplied by British companies. The choice of fabrics followed extensive research by Sarah Burton and her team.

The Royal School of Needlework
The Royal School of Needlework (RSN), based at Hampton Court Palace, assisted the Alexander McQueen team in accurately cutting out the delicate motifs from the lace fabrics and positioning the lace motifs with precision into the new design. The lace motifs were pinned, ‘framed up’ and applied with stab stitching every two to three millimetres around each lace motif.

The workers washed their hands every thirty minutes to keep the lace and threads pristine, and the needles were renewed every three hours, to keep them sharp and clean.

The RSN workers included existing staff, former staff, tutors, graduates and students, with the youngest aged 19.
The RSN’s work was used primarily for the train and skirt of the Bride’s dress, the bodice and sleeves, the Bride’s shoes and the Bride’s veil.

Veil and Jewelry
The veil is made of layers of soft, ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers, which was embroidered by the Royal School of Needlework. The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen.

The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday.

The Bride’s earrings, by Robinson Pelham, are diamond-set stylised oak leaves with a pear shaped diamond set drop and a pave set diamond acorn suspended in the centre. Inspiration for the design comes from the Middleton family’s new coat of arms, which includes acorns and oak leaves. The earrings were made to echo the tiara. The earrings were a personal gift to the Bride from her parents for her Wedding Day.

Robinson Pelham have also designed and made a pair of diamond earrings for Miss Philippa Middleton. These earrings are more floral in nature to compliment the headpiece worn by Miss Philippa Middleton during the Service.

A tourmaline and diamond pendant and matching earrings have been designed and made for Mrs. Carole Middleton. Two gold stick pins, one with a single gold acorn at the head and the other with an oak leaf, are also worn respectively by the Father of the Bride, Mr. Michael Middleton, and the Bride’s brother, Mr. James Middleton.

Wedding Shoes
The wedding shoes have made hand-made by the team at Alexander McQueen and are made of ivory duchesse satin with lace hand-embroidered by the Royal School of Needlework.

My words the RSN have been busy ! Thanks for posting these details .:flowers:

The kiss looked so natural. There was no huge production, it was just a sweet moment.

BOTH times!!!

Well.. as William's dad has remarked, "they've practiced long enough" :whistling:

It was very natural and I think too that both of them realized they were definitely under the watchful eyes of "royal protocol" all day. I think this though is a new one for the books. Two kisses on the balcony! I was laughing and chuckling to myself if they go for 3, they'd be looking for the baby bump before they left for the honeymoon.

Did anyone else notice besides me that during the processional back to BP whenever there was a meaningful moment where William saluted that Kate kind of silently bowed her head and glanced down in respect?
I found that touching.

Madame Royale said:
:previous: For a brief moment I thought Lady GaGa had been invited, but no, it was Princess Beatrice ;)

LMAO!

Whoever said she should carry Sweet Williams good guess - she did!

How appropriate for the Middletons to commission jewelrey for this occassion that incorporates details from their coat of arms

Her dress was exactly what I wanted! But I still don't know which tiara she wore!

Mia_mae said:
Her dress was exactly what I wanted! But I still don't know which tiara she wore!

The Scroll-

Well.. as William's dad has remarked, "they've practiced long enough" :whistling:

It was very natural and I think too that both of them realized they were definitely under the watchful eyes of "royal protocol" all day. I think this though is a new one for the books. Two kisses on the balcony! I was laughing and chuckling to myself if they go for 3, they'd be looking for the baby bump before they left for the honeymoon.

Did anyone else notice besides me that during the processional back to BP whenever there was a meaningful moment where William saluted that Kate kind of silently bowed her head and glanced down in respect?
I found that touching.

Yes , I noticed the bowing of the head . This one done more than once, at the Cenoptaph and on the occasions when the Royal salute was played

Loved it, loved it. loved it. :flowers: The wedding was simple, Catherine was elegantly stunning and William looked very handsome. The little bridesmaids and page boys were just adorable and Pippa Middleton did a great job as maid of honour.
I wish them both masses of happiness. :twohearts:

CNN saying while in the carriage the Duchess turned to her husband and said 'i'm so happy'- they read her lips!

So sweet!

EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK;
Huw Edwards just said, "can't we just call them Prince William and Princess Catherine". And this man in a blue tie has said "Well in official communications they will be The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I'm sure nobody will have no problem if you call her Princess Catherine. I can't believe it, this man works with Charles and Camilla apparently.

Her comment when she first steped on to the balcony was "oh wow " :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom