Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flashing by on the television were recaps of moments from the wedding.
Just was struck at how much like his father the current Earl Spencer looks.
I hadn't seen him in quite a while.

Overall thought it was a great day!

Well, I perhaps made a 'faux pas' :D But I do not try to speak French, I am half French and have spoken the language since I was a child.

Though like a good many, I too am prone to making the odd error. Thanks for bringing it to the attention of all on an open forum as it was evidently quite worthy of such attention? .lol.

Seems to me you are one bringing the attention. :flowers:

Why is the Queen Consort of Spain on the second row?
Why the Crown Princes of Belgium on the first row and not on the second row such as the the Duch and Spain Crown princes ?

Well, Lalla Salma is wife of King of Morocco - technically, Queen Consort and she was on the sixth row.
Prince Albert is a monarch of Monaco, and is in fourth row, just like Alexander of Serbia - he is not a monarch.

There are so much illogicalities.

I don't know for Mathilde and Phillip. Maybe because alphabetical order of countries?

I too thought it was so nice to see Charles holding his step grand daughter. I like seeing that side of him. I also couldn't get over the Middleton parents on the balcony. I imagine like in the USA we tour the White House (well before 9/11 anyway) and I bet they brought the children to tour the Palace when they were younger never imagining one day Katherine would live in the Palace and be Queen one day.

Sad we didn't get a 2nd Balcony appearance. I have also heard they are going to St. James Palace for a few hours of rest. So do you think we will see them go back to BP in the car and catch a glimpse of her 2nd gown? I am sure it will be stunning!

jen121419 said:
Did they just kiss once? Katie Couric missed the first kiss so they kept randomly replaying the kiss even while they were still on the balcony.

Twice-

I still am not convinced there is another gown but if there is I wonder if it similiar to what Pippa was wearing to wedding? Or maybe it will be that dress and Pippa will change? ;)

Jen there were 2 kisses. Then you could see William appeared to say "no more".

Did they just kiss once? Katie Couric missed the first kiss so they kept randomly replaying the kiss even while they were still on the balcony.

We actually got two kisses. The second lasted slightly longer than the first. Both very natural, no big build up or pomp, just endearing, sweet kisses (IMO)!

I'd love to get a picture of Prince Charles lifting little Eliza Lopez (such a cutie !)

Princess Beatrice's 'hat' - there's just nothing to say. Except that she'd have looked better with a bag on her head!

Did anyone else think the Duchess of Kent looked very frail as she arrived at the Abbey?

Well everything went great, good for them! But the dress was a big disappointment, it was very poor, the bouquet was too small too simple for the ocassion....:cool:

Oh.... I loved it!!! :flowers:

I can't read the 51 pages, :eek: so I'm just saying a couple of things.

- Kate's dress: very simple, but elegant, suited her well.
- Kate's hair: an up-do would have been more classical, but she looked nice
- William... well he had a uniform, so no comments here (by the way, my mom didn't like the colour at all; I trieed to explain, without success. :ROFLMAO: )
- The Queen: nice nice colour, nice hat, nice brooch. :)
- I liked the Middleton family (this was my first sight of them): they were elegant and looked at ease
- Not sure about the trees in the church, but it was an original touch.

- I missed the balcony because I was having lunch. :sad:

BBC have just said they've been told the manner in which William and Catherine will leave for the break at Clarence House at 3.30pm will be "really quite special".

More special than the landau? Equally special? I was going to go an get on with my day, but now I'll have to wait and see this!

Ooh, such a lovely wedding! I'm been up since 5 am watching the coverage. I loved all those little smiles William and Kate gave to each other and that little laugh they shared at the beginning of the ceremony.

I have mixed feelings about the dress. For Kate, it's a stunning fashion-forward choice--not dowdy or matronly at all--and I like it's nods to previous royal gowns (Grace's and Margaret's come to mind). However, for Sarah Burton of McQueen...not as edgy or as original as it could be. But I'm glad Burton will now be known outside of the fashion community due to Kate's choice because Burton is an excellent designer.

The second kiss on the balcony was so sweet!

i liked the balcony scene kind of emotionel.
i guess now think became private and will be hard to get photos?

CordeliaFitzgerald said:
I have mixed feelings about the dress. For Kate, it's a stunning fashion-forward choice--not dowdy or matronly at all--and I like it's nods to previous royal gowns (Grace's and Margaret's come to mind)

Yes I so have mixed feelings but because it doesn't 'nod' to Grace in my opinion but almost copies it- but......no one in the news media seems to agree with me so maybe I am being to harsh-sorry I should be clearer, I just mean I expected something from her very new, different, never seen that would stun me but when I see it I can see how pretty it is but all I can think is gee it's just like Graces and not really an orignal so I was a bit disappointed- that's just my opinion though- maybe I'm not getting the details on TV and in pics it'll look different-

But again, I stress it's a very pretty gown

Last edited:
BBC have just said they've been told the manner in which William and Catherine will leave for the break at Clarence House at 3.30pm will be "really quite special".

More special than the landau? Equally special? I was going to go an get on with my day, but now I'll have to wait and see this!

how far is it will they actully walk throgh the crowd?

I wonder if Kate's dress wasn't a bit too simple. I mean, it was beautiful and elegant and I liked it, but that's just the kind of dress I would wear (well, with a shorter train or none, and perhaps no veil) and I'm much lower class than her and of course I'm not going to marry a prince :D

how far is it will they actully walk throgh the crowd?

It's a stone's throw. Not far at all. I would have thought the security folks would be far too twitchy for them to walk today, but that would be fabulous.

Maybe they'll ride on horseback :lol:

I thought it was a lovely wedding; I liked Kate's dress very much indeed. (I was worried it would be as plain as CP Victoria's, but fortunately it was more elaborate, although still unfussy).

I also thought Carole Middleton looked elegant; I didn't realize her dress was sky blue, it looked pewter to me.

It was great to see that all the male Members of the RF wore military uniform; I wondered if they would be someone said they'd wear morning dress. So glad they didn't.

The only disappointment for me was some of the television coverage (Instead of keeping the cameras on the choir the entire time, why not show some of the congregation? They didn't even show many of the guests!)

I loved Catherine's dress. It reminded me of Princess Grace of Monaco's wedding dress, the lace overlay. Gorgeous day!! Fabulous ceremony and 2 KISSES!!! ;)

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge :)

(Instead of keeping the cameras on the choir the entire time, why not show some of the congregation? They didn't even show many of the guests!)

I too was dissapointed by the lack of congregation coverage. Though one could hardly miss the Queen of Denmark. Not even a wedding could influence Margrethe to have opted for a new outfit and hat :D

I was pleased that HM was seated first amongst the foreign royal representation.

Last edited:
I don't have time to read 51 pages of posts, so here are some of my thoughts. Sorry if I repeat what others have said.

Catherine's dress was beautiful, yes a bit of a nod to Princess Grace, this was commented one by the BBC.She looked very elegant. The flowers were just right, a simple arrangement of Lily of the Valley. They would have smelt gorgeous !

I did think she might have worn the Strathmore Rose, SisterMorphine we both got that one wrong ,but it was lovely to see the Queen Mothers Scroll Tiara , as I don't believe that this has been worn for about 30 years. I am sure that if I am wrong someone will correct me.

I wonder if the something special when William and Catherine leave for Clarence House is that they will walk there, there is not really much distance between the two palaces in terms of a "walkabout"

I loved Pippa Middleton's dress very elegant. My husband (what do men know ) suggested that Beatrice and Eugunie looked like a pair of carthorses dressed as thoughbreds Ouch !
Not one kiss but two, wonderful !! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom