Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Lumutqueen Thank you, very kind of you! :flowers:
I agree with the poster who said the wedding dress looks stunning. I couldn't have worded it better myself! :)

christinacg said:
Kate looks more confident than William.

It looks like he's trying very hard not to step on her dress hem.

Why was no one bowing to Prince William as he left the Abbey? Why did Catherine not leave her bouquet on the Tomb of the Unknown?

Did Catherine just walk past the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and not leave her bouquet? I thought the brides left it as they left the Abbey, unless she will have it placed later?

It will be brought back. Sarah Ferguson left the Abbey with her bouquet.

I think they leave the bouquet later she'll need it for all the photos.

Did Catherine just walk past the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and not leave her bouquet? I thought the brides left it as they left the Abbey, unless she will have it placed later?

it is usually left later on.

Honeslty, I don't know what people were expecting. This was just like the Swedish wedding except I could understand what was being said. I don't speak Swedish.

The major difference with the Swedish wedding is you saw more of the foreign royals, I think that is why people are disappointed. BBC and CNN didn't focus on them at all.

IMO the big too do comes after the Abbey, and we get the procession with the soldiers, etc. That's what the Brits do EXTREMELY well.

I was surprised too, but she has it in her hand.

Why was no one bowing to Prince William as he left the Abbey? Why did Catherine not leave her bouquet on the Tomb of the Unknown?

Again, her bouquet will be brought back.

Oops! Wills was facing the wrong way in the coach!

The commentators keep calling her a Princess, but she isn't yet right? She's a Duchess and Baroness only? So far

my thoughts ...

the Queen looked lovely as did the Duchess of Cornwall and the Mrs. Middleton

I am a sucker for uniforms so William & Harry & all ... swoon

I thought Pippa's dress inappropriate for the setting .. too night-glam for a morning wedding in an abbey

children were cute

the wedding dress is nice ... not impressed with the business at the hips ... but on the whole a nice dress/look
not a huge WOW for me but nice
like the small bouquet

I like the Princess Royal's dress & coat .. not thrilled with the hat though
Zara looked 'fierce'

& I think, on this joyous occasion, I will refrain from commenting about the York girls ..... sigh

nice all around ... hope the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge have a long happy life together

Last edited:
Aww, now they look happy, especially Kate.

Open carriage, what a treat.

the wedding was simple and beautiful.!on the whole i believe it went well,wishing them all the best.!!

The commentators keep calling her a Princess, but she isn't yet right? She's a Duchess and Baroness only? So far

She's HRH Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

Someone comes back and leaves it later after the pictures have been taken. I do think the bouquet could been a little bit more.

I have to go now, nice sharing with you the wedding :flowers:
It's one of those wedding that only the British can make it work, everything right on time and simple but beautiful!

BTW, when did she take the veil behind? I missed that too lol

She did not, but what I had thought she would do it herself.

zembra said:
YES!!

They must have been nervous in church, which is understandable.

Yeah, with all the people watching them around the world, nerves for sure!

How will we be calling Kate now at this place? Is she still Kate, or Catherine now?

Honeslty, I don't know what people were expecting. This was just like the Swedish wedding except I could understand what was being said. I don't speak Swedish.

The major difference with the Swedish wedding is you saw more of the foreign royals, I think that is why people are disappointed. BBC and CNN didn't focus on them at all.

IMO the big too do comes after the Abbey, and we get the procession with the soldiers, etc. That's what the Brits do EXTREMELY well.

I don't think so.
I don't think it was as grand as the Swedish wedding. V&D was also joyful whereas this was a serious affair. It doesn'tseem like a royal wedding. I don't think coverage of the other royal families would've changed that.

Or perhaps we hyped this wedding up too much.

Why is Kate not waving much?

Can this woman do anything right for some of you?

Back
Top Bottom