The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Just got word Pippa left the party at 3am last night went to her hotel and official photos will be released today.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

What's the part?

Old 04-30-2011, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

oops I meant party typo sorry I just fixed it
Old 04-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Okay I figured. I had to ask just in case there was something going on that I didn't know about lol.

She left at 3am...they must have partied really hard. Would be so nice to see some pics:(
Old 04-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Commoner

Photo gallery with some spectacular shots of the ceremony: Royal Wedding Ceremony (photos) | OregonLive.com .
Old 04-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diann View Post
I agree with you. Even now there are no reports about the other royals who attended the wedding. Very disappointing. I missed the emotions, too. Victoria, Crown princess of Sweden, had to follow the protocol at her own wedding but there was still so much love...
I couldn't disagree more. The emotion was deep and true. Utterly moving. Catherine's dress was in the postwar austerity mode - again, utterly appropriate. The style is early 1950s.

Still, I'm glad to see that some posters stick with their opinions. I was wondering how many of the posters who said dreadful things about Kate Middleton would eat their words once she became a princess.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasMa View Post
Another little thing I noticed:

When Kate curtsied, she did not incline her head. She held the Queen's gaze, with a big smile on her face. The Queen did not look displeased. :-)
Sarah Ferguson did the same thing at her wedding when she made her curtsy.

But I remember Diana bowing her head low...interesting.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

And Sophie, Countess of Wessex
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Old 04-30-2011, 05:06 AM
Royal Highness

Spencer girls beautiful
Old 04-30-2011, 05:17 AM

I loved the ceremony,the dress and Catherine's appearance.She looked stunning and her smile was so genuine.She followed the protocol,but yet she couldn't stop smiling.She looked happy,so did William.
They make a nice couple and it's obvious how they feel about each other.I really hope their marriage will last 'till dead do us part' .
It was a real royal ceremony.It was sophisticated,but anot extravagant.
I liked the fact that the Queen was there as a guest,she wasn't the focus of the attention and that way the newly-married were the 'stars' of the day.
It couldn't have went better.
I loved the wedding gown,but also I liked the dress Philippa wore.And the little bridesmaids were so cutee :)

In overall thoughts I can say that it was a gorgeous ceremony and the new Duchess was vert,very beautiful.Both she and her husband looked happy and glad to be where they were.
The only thing that annoyed me(and annoyed me a lot!) were all these awful hats and accessories.It seemed like most women have never talked to a stylist.All these horn-like things in their hair just made me laugh.They were hilarious.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
She def looks like a Princess
Old 04-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

hellomagazine.com - Royal wedding: Victoria and Letizia relive magic of their own wedding days
Old 04-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Nobility

LasMa, many many thanks. The best photo galleries I saw from the wedding. The dress is so stunning. My favorite, with Maxima just after. I loved Victoria's but thought it was not too ... royal and looked too much as a lot of french spring dresses. Kate's dress will be growing on the septicals I'm sure.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm sorry but I have to say this.

The reason that there has been so little coverage of foreign royals at today's ceremony is that the vast majority of British people don't know that other countries even have royal families. The weddings of the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc couples received next to no media attention in the UK, except for in Hello magazine perhaps which only a very small proportion of the population would read.

So, why would the BBC spend time talking about people the British population, on the whole, neither recognise nor care about?

I mean no disrespect to any of the foreign royals but this is just the reality of the situation.
I'd like to add on to this. We have to remember that for the coverage world wide of anything that happened in the Abbey, I believe it was only the BBC and ITV cameras that were inside the Abbey itself (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Also it had a lot to do with timing. As the foreign royals entered and were seated in the Abbey just prior to the English royals and the immdiate family of the bride, the coverage was breaking away from inside of the Abbey to show the procession of the BRF and the primary players in the wedding itself as they headed to the Abbey. Everything was on an almost split second schedule and I think most people were more interested in seeing the British royals and the bridal party.

The timing for the wedding of Victoria and Daniel was timed so that each arrival of foreign royals were given specific attention and didn't coincide with other people.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Watching some of the replays, it appeared that as the royals were leaving Westminster Abbey, the Queen allowed Prince Philip to get into the carriage before her. Normally, it's the other way around since she outranks him, but I remember her doing the same with Diana's father, Earl Spencer, because of his health issues. Did anyone else catch that, or was I imagining it?
I thought it was very endearing. He had kind of stepped back in order to allow HM to enter the carriage first and she gestured to him to enter it first. I could almost imagine her saying something like "Now do come along Philip.... "
Old 04-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Why do you want them to be like everyone else? Can't you let them be themselves and be happy? The way some of you are carrying on, they might as well get an annulment as soon as they leave the church.
I do agree with you. It is so unfortunate but not unexpected that there are those who only look for the negative or only feel the negative.
The rest of us enjoyed the day and the wedding- the bride was gorgeous, the groom very handsome, they certainly did look at each other and smile and almost everyone seems to have enjoyed the whole thing.
For those who didn't - they have my sympathy and the hope that their lives will brighten up soon so they will feel better about everything.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
The President sings the US National Anthem- isn't the national anthem and not just a song about her (of whoever is ruling)?
I guess she could sing God Save my gracious me but it would be rather silly to do so
Old 04-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasMa View Post
Another little thing I noticed:

When Kate curtsied, she did not incline her head. She held the Queen's gaze, with a big smile on her face. The Queen did not look displeased. :-)
Quote:

When Catherine curtsied and I saw the look on the face of the Queen, I rather got the idea that the Queen's expression on her face said "it's OK, "kid"." You know, like a grandmother approving to her granddaughter.

I know this sounds far from regal but that's what I thought.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Can I please help with a background story about this?

In the traditional Court curtesy, you do indeed bow your head. The formal Court curtesy was historically most seen at Court [obviously!] during the formal presentation of Debutantes, and how to make such a curtesy was the subject of strict rules and even required a certain amount of training - the best 'teacher' was a Madame Vacani. Courts used to be held several times a year and always in the evening.

I know all this because generations of my family were all presented at court [the tradition finally died out in 1958, otherwise I suppose I would have beeen 'presented'].

When the present Queen ascended the throne, a lot of traditions were altered as things became less formal, which also had quite a lot to do with the fact that society [and Society come to that!] was changing due to the second world war that had just finished. Afternoon presentation parties replaced the evening Courts, which had required long dresses and trains. Instead, in the 1950's, smart day dress [like Royal Ascot day wear] replaced the long gowns traditionally made by the so-called 'Court Dressmakers'. The practice of inclining the head started to change, probably because the short afternoon day wear made Presentation parties seem a little less formal, but then word suddenly got out that Prince Phillip used to smile [only!!] at the ugly debutantes who made their curtesy in order to encourage them. Once word of this got out, debutantes suddenly began to be very, very careful to incline their heads so that they would not see whether Prince Philip was smiling at them or not or in other words, whether he considered them ugly or not!! Inclination of the head therefore became theroretically optional, but for the reason I have just stated the practice did not totally die out!

This is a long-winded way of saying that it is therefore optional to incline one's head. Therefore, both Sophie and Catherine were quite right, even though they did different things.

Hope this helps,

Alex
Old 04-30-2011, 08:01 AM

what majesty!

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but have you a picture thread here, of the wedding and guests etc? preferably HQ photos

splendid, wasn't it.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding