Originally Posted by texankitcat

Good for you. Now you are boring me.
Well leave the forum.
I would hate to do that to you

Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyYun View Post
kate's father was so nervous earlier before walking the aisle, notice his shaky hands hehe..but them holding hands together, father and daughter its so touching..and never letting go of hands even when they were in the church..
i didnt see the pic during tv coverage too! how nice and touching! thks for sharing dearie!
I thought I saw his hand shaking too...or was it Kate's that was shaking his?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Let's move on now.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sorry but I have to say this.

The reason that there has been so little coverage of foreign royals at today's ceremony is that the vast majority of British people don't know that other countries even have royal families. The weddings of the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc couples received next to no media attention in the UK, except for in Hello magazine perhaps which only a very small proportion of the population would read.

So, why would the BBC spend time talking about people the British population, on the whole, neither recognise nor care about?

I mean no disrespect to any of the foreign royals but this is just the reality of the situation.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I think there's a difference between being negative and being a realist. Being negative means you don't want to look at the truth...you're in denial. Being a realist means saying the truth even though it hurts. And the truth is this was a boring affair.
There is also a difference between giving your opinion and claiming it to be fact as you did in a previous post. In you opinion they looked bored, several people don't agree.

I'm not going to compare William and Kate to Vic and Dan as they are four very different people. Comparing them as couples really isn't fair to any of them.

I think Will and Kate looked exhausted. I hope they can get some rest during their honeymoon.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Well leave the forum.
I would hate to do that to you
Thank you. However, since I am here to discuss the wedding and share with friends here how special the day was and how happy I am for the couple, I will be sticking around and enjoy reading those that have something to contribute other than malice.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Majesty

I loved the wedding and it surpassed ALL my expectations, but I don't think it's cool to bash posters who don't feel the same way.

My understanding is that this is a Forum for the exchange of opinions..not a William/Kate fan site.

We all know that everyone is not going to like or dislike the same exact things, so I am little confused about all the invective toward people who weren't impressed?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Courtier

So much naive criticism is disappointing.

This wedding was for the British people and those in the Commonwealth, and so far as I can gauge, not one of us was disappointed - au contraire!

Foreign royalty is, sadly, not of much interest to most British and Commonwealth citizens and most wouldn't have any idea of who was whom or from whence they hailed. The only exception is CP Mary and the Danish royal family, for obvious reasons. The BBC knew its primary audience and directed its cameras and commentary quite appropriately. It was up to the press of other countries to cover those aspects of the wedding and the guests which would be of interest to their local viewers.

The bride and groom looked relaxed and composed to me. In fact, it's been commented on by many that Catherine excelled in her starring role. She looked beautiful and elegant and wore an exquisitely made and complex gown (see my earlier post #1214 on the official release of the details), she delivered her vows beautifully in a quiet but strong voice, they both smiled at each other at appropriate times and looked very happy to be there together. As a new husband, William was solicitous and tender in his support for Catherine.

I have no idea what these critical comments about body language suggest. It was a solemn occasion to which William and Catherine rose very well, interspersed with some touching, private moments between them. The ceremony was entirely appropriate and one completely decided upon by William and Catherine, especially Catherine it's been reported, and the music was a triumph. For those who noticed and who value such things, it was mightily impressive that At a Solemn Musick, a poem by one of England's greatest poets (many authorities say the greatest) John Milton, was sung. Here, we have a well-educated and sensitive new princess: John Milton was not a royalist by any means and it did them great credit that his magnificent and timeless words were so honoured, nevertheless. (Many will recognise the title of his most prestigious and best known poem, Paradise Lost).

A worrying comment was made by Darren Lyons, the ugliest, richest and most infamous of all paps who owns the largest agency of its type in the world, and who is, unfortunately, an Australian. Interviewed on the BBC he said that Catherine had performed wonderfully at her wedding and it reflected how much she has grown in confidence and poise. He said that already she was the most important woman in the world in the eyes of the paparazzi and that her allure and attraction was already becoming greater than Diana's. One can only hope and pray that Catherine will be offered more protection and support than Diana received (and she's been educated and coached in her new role and duties already, unlike Diana) and that being nearly 10 years older than Diana was, Catherine will be able to cope with and dismiss the intrusiveness much more effectively. William will most certainly not permit her to be hounded by anyone.

So much history; so much grandeur; so much beauty; so much to reflect on. We thank you, your Royal Highnesses and wish you both all that is good, fulfilling and happy. You did Britain and the Commonwealth proud.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post

The reason that there has been so little coverage of foreign royals at today's ceremony is that the vast majority of British people don't know that other countries even have royal families. The weddings of the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc couples received next to no media attention in the UK, except for in Hello magazine perhaps which only a very small proportion of the population would read.

So, why would the BBC spend time talking about people the British population, on the whole, neither recognise nor care about?

I mean no disrespect to any of the foreign royals but this is just the reality of the situation.
its beacouse there is not a close friendship between the British royals and the other European royal familys.
the other royal familys in Europe have a close friendship, but the Brits have never been a part of it. And i think its sad, they should be.

(sorry if the english could be better)
Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Polly;1244955]So much naive criticism is disappointing.

This wedding was for the British people and those in the Commonwealth, and so far as I can gauge, not one of us was disappointed - au contraire!

Foreign royalty is, sadly, not of much interest to most British and Commonwealth citizens and most wouldn't have any idea of who was whom or from whence they hailed. The only exception is CP Mary and the Danish royal family, for obvious reasons. The BBC knew its primary audience and directed its cameras and commentary quite appropriately. It was up to the press of other countries to cover those aspects of the wedding and the guests which would be of interest to their local viewers.

The bride and groom looked relaxed and composed to me. In fact, it's been commented on by many that Catherine excelled in her starring role. She looked beautiful and elegant and wore an exquisitely made and complex gown (see my earlier post #1214 on the official release of the details), she delivered her vows beautifully in a quiet but strong voice, they both smiled at each other at appropriate times and looked very happy to be there together. As a new husband, William was solicitous and tender in his support for Catherine.

I have no idea what these critical comments about body language suggest. It was a solemn occasion to which William and Catherine rose very well, interspersed with some touching, private moments between them. The ceremony was entirely appropriate and one completely decided upon by William and Catherine, especially Catherine it's been reported, and the music was a triumph. For those who noticed and who value such things, it was mightily impressive that At a Solemn Musick, a poem by one of England's greatest poets (many authorities say the greatest) John Milton, was sung. Here, we have a well-educated and sensitive new princess: John Milton was not a royalist by any means and it did them great credit that his magnificent and timeless words were so honoured, nevertheless. (Many will recognise the title of his most prestigious and best known poem, Paradise Lost).

A worrying comment was made by Darren Lyons, the ugliest, richest and most infamous of all paps who owns the largest agency of its type in the world, and who is, unfortunately, an Australian. Interviewed on the BBC he said that Catherine had performed wonderfully at her wedding and it reflected how much she has grown in confidence and poise. He said that already she was the most important woman in the world in the eyes of the paparazzi and that her allure and attraction was already becoming greater than Diana's. One can only hope and pray that Catherine will be offered more protection and support than Diana received (and she's been educated and coached in her new role and duties already, unlike Diana) and that being nearly 10 years older than Diana was, Catherine will be able to cope with and dismiss the intrusiveness much more effectively. William will most certainly not permit her to be hounded by anyone.

So much history; so much grandeur; so much beauty; so much to reflect on. We thank you, your Royal Highnesses and wish you both all that is good, fulfilling and happy. You did Britain and the Commonwealth proud.[/QUOTE]

Lovely comments. I wholeheartedly agree with your last paragraph in particular.
Serene Highness

I'm re-watching it again, and when Kate spoke it seems she was getting emotional sometimes. Nothing major, just like if she didn't want to "loose" it, so she hold it in as much as possible. does that makes sense?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post

I understand, because the average American thinks the British Royal Family began and ended with Diana.

Other than HM the Queen they could not identify most of the Windsors if their lives depended on it...and couldn't care less at that.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Nobility

Beautiful dress. Beautiful couple. Beautiful service. Beautiful day. I loved every second of it. I don't understand the negativity and nit-picking.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip sat on chairs donated by Canada Club in 1949:

In 1949 the Club presented two chairs and faldstools of native birch in memory of Canadians who died in the 1939-45 war. These are used by the Sovereign and consort when they attend services at the Abbey. Canada - Westminster Abbey

timestranscript.com - Canada Club chairs represent royal tie | by chris morris - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada
Serene Highness

Also besides Catherine's dress my next favorite "item" was Grace Van Cutsem! her face expressions were too precious!
Btw, I have not seen her parents , did anyone get a glimpse of them during the ceremony?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanný View Post
its beacouse there is not a close friendship between the British royals and the other European royal familys.
the other royal familys in Europe have a close friendship, but the Brits have never been a part of it. And i think its sad, they should be.

They seem pretty friendly with the Greeks, so I don't think that's the reason.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanný View Post

Whatever the reason for the disconnect, it is the situation we are in. For example, I watched the wedding with my mother who is a passionate supporter of our royal family and when I mentioned CP Victoria of Sweden she had no idea who I was talking about.

Oh, and your English is very good .
Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Commoner

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I just got so caught in the hype of this royal wedding that I decided to register. I've always been a royal enthusiast, though, and was very disappointed when I tuned in bright and early this morning to see the foreign royals arrive, and in the end I got nothing (even though I kept trying all the different channels broadcasting the wedding).
Old 04-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhite View Post
They seem pretty friendly with the Greeks, so I don't think that's the reason.

That's because the Greek Royal Family spent a great deal of their time in exile in England, their youngest two children were born and educated in England, and Constantine is William's godfather. Besides, the Greek Royal Family is related to the BRF through Prince Philip.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
That's because the Greek Royal Family spent a great deal of their time in exile in England, their youngest two children were born and educated in England, and Constantine is William's godfather. Besides, the Greek Royal Family is related to the BRF through Prince Philip.
I know. My point was that we shouldn't say they're not friendly with foreign royals. Obviously they are friendly with some.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding