The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think there's a difference between being negative and being a realist. Being negative means you don't want to look at the truth...you're in denial. Being a realist means saying the truth even though it hurts. And the truth is this was a boring affair.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Courtier

You know I am not even enjoying this board today which is a shame. I was looking forward to coming here and sharing the magic of the day with so many of you that I have shared the excitement and build up to this day. Unfortunately, there seems to be an element here today that can't do anything but be negative and spoil it for others. What a shame.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I think there's a difference between being negative and being a realist. Being negative means you don't want to look at the truth...you're in denial. Being a realist means saying the truth even though it hurts. And the truth is this was a boring affair.
I think it would be wise if you would not hype up - or participate in it - any future (British) royal wedding as you did with this one, it saves you from falling down so hard.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
You know I am not even enjoying this board today which is a shame. I was looking forward to coming here and sharing the magic of the day with so many of you that I have shared the excitement and build up to this day. Unfortunately, there seems to be an element here today that can't do anything but be negative and spoil it for others. What a shame.
I think the major problem is that so many people got caught up in the hype of this wedding. Lucky for me I didn't and was very awaiting all along - I got a beautiful wedding as a reward .
Old 04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thanks for bringing your good cheer. Have a nice evening.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Am I the only one who's nuts on this board I mean honestly what do some people want. I honestly think some people should go back and watch the wedding again there were many times when they gave each other little glances and smiles they even were chuckling a bit at the beginning. And then when they left the abbey and the carriage ride to BP they looked much more relaxed and happy. The balcony appearance was IMO the best for me
Old 04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think the major problem is that so many people got caught up in the hype of this wedding. Lucky for me I didn't and was very awaiting all along - I got a beautiful wedding as a reward .
Same here I didn't read the hype and found the wedding beautiful .
Old 04-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful picture of what I didn't see during the TV coverage
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/...166e970d-800wi
Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Where to begin? Well I have already discussed THE DRESS in another thread so here goes the ceremony itself.

THE MUSIC: Sent chills up my spine and brought me as close to tears as I came all morning. The choristers of the Chapel Royal sounded like they were singing in Heaven. I was especially stunned at the processional hymn "I Was Glad" one of my favorite psalms. I had heard a rumor that it was going to be Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary" which frankly is beginning to bore me. I was happily surprised at how spiritual all the musical selections were.

THE VOWS: Kate seeming to suppress a giggle while William said his vows...Harry leaning over to whisper to his brother while KM was coming up the aisle..William whispering "beautiful" to her when she reached him at the altar..how attentive and solemn the bride and groom were, and how poised...why did William have a hard time getting the ring on her finger..KM spoke her vows in almost a whisper...her speaking voice is exquisite!

THE ARCHBISHOP'S HOMILY: I thought I'd want to grab a snack when this came on, but the opening statement had me glued..."...be who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire." How beautiful, how perfectly beautiful.

THE DECORATIONS: I thought I would love the trees, but I didn't for some reason...they looked out of place and in the way.

PIPPA & THE BRIDESMAIDS: I'll be honest, I am not a Pippa fan. But she was so pretty in her elegant cream gown, and so attentive to the little bridesmaids. And I thought it sweet that she wore her hair similar to her sister's.

THE REST OF THE MIDDLETON'S: Carole was a stunning mother of the bride..loved her outfit! James reading that passage from Scripture was amazing..I closed my eyes for a minute and thought it sounded like a professional actor...beautful! Mr Middleton seems like a nice guy.

THE CAKE: Just saw it...FREAKING MASTERPIECE. The most beautiful Royal wedding cake I have ever seen!

MISCELLANEOUS..love, love, love the English custom of ringing all the church bells before and after the ceremony...it sounded like a WEDDING should sound! The military bands were perfect...I think too much emphasis is placed on the balcony kiss...all the analyzing of it annoys me. What if the couple does not WANT to kiss in front of millions?? William in particular does not seem comfortable with pda's...Kate surprised me by wearing a tiara..I am so happy she did! I am happy it didn't rain.

Overall...this was my idea of a Perfect Royal Wedding. It is up there now with CP Victoria's as my favorite wedding..it more than surpassed my expectations!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy

Wrong, that is your opinion and not the truth. I think it would be wise if you would not hype up - or participate in it - any future (British) royal wedding as you did with this one, it saves you from falling down so hard.
Um I will surely tune in to more weddings and give my opinion on it...whether bad or good. I don't understand you people. I say my opinion and you all get upset. Well this how I feel. It was boring. Even though it was a royal wedding, it was boring...I'm sorry if it's putting you in a tiff that's how I feel. I've never been one to mince on words...I say what I feel about something. Downfall or not.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I got caught up in the hype as much as everyone, and I was not for ONE moment disappointed. It was traditional, and beautiful. The bride, the service, the music, the pomp and pageantry.....it was everything the British do best.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Um I will surely tune in to more weddings and give my opinion on it...whether bad or good. I don't understand you people. I say my opinion and you all get upset. Well this how I feel. It was boring. Even though it was a royal wedding, it was boring...I'm sorry if it's putting you in a tiff that's how I feel. I've never been one to mince on words...I say what I feel about something. Downfall or not.
Good for you. Now you are boring me.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

As I said before, it's not their fault that their wedding didn't live up to your expectations.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Did I say you shouldn't tune in to weddings anymore and refrain from giving your opinion? No, I just said it may be wise to save yourself from getting caught in such a hype next time.
And you state that this wedding was boring as if it is a fact - which it is not. Stating opinion like fact is not nice on a forum.

That is all I'll say, adios and hopefully for you you'll have a better wedding to see next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
As I said before, it's not their fault that their wedding didn't live up to your expectations.
Amen.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Where to begin? Well I have already discussed THE DRESS in another thread so here goes the ceremony itself.

THE MUSIC: Sent chills up my spine and brought me as close to tears as I came all morning. The choristers of the Chapel Royal sounded like they were singing in Heaven. I was especially stunned at the processional hymn "I Was Glad" one of my favorite psalms. I had heard a rumor that it was going to be Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary" which frankly is beginning to bore me. I was happily surprised at how spiritual all the musical selections were.

THE VOWS: Kate seeming to suppress a giggle while William said his vows...Harry leaning over to whisper to his brother while KM was coming up the aisle..William whispering "beautiful" to her when she reached him at the altar..how attentive and solemn the bride and groom were, and how poised...why did William have a hard time getting the ring on her finger..KM spoke her vows in almost a whisper...her speaking voice is exquisite!

THE ARCHBISHOP'S HOMILY: I thought I'd want to grab a snack when this came on, but the opening statement had me glued..."...be who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire." How beautiful, how perfectly beautiful.

THE DECORATIONS: I thought I would love the trees, but I didn't for some reason...they looked out of place and in the way.

PIPPA & THE BRIDESMAIDS: I'll be honest, I am not a Pippa fan. But she was so pretty in her elegant cream gown, and so attentive to the little bridesmaids. And I thought it sweet that she wore her hair similar to her sister's.

THE REST OF THE MIDDLETON'S: Carole was a stunning mother of the bride..loved her outfit! James reading that passage from Scripture was amazing..I closed my eyes for a minute and thought it sounded like a professional actor...beautful! Mr Middleton seems like a nice guy.

MISCELLANEOUS..love, love, love the English custom of ringing all the church bells before and after the ceremony...it sounded like a WEDDING should sound! The military bands were perfect...I think too much emphasis is placed on the balcony kiss...all the analyzing of it annoys me. What if the couple does not WANT to kiss in front of millions?? William in particular does not seem comfortable with pda's...Kate surprised me by wearing a tiara..I am so happy she did! I am happy it didn't rain.

Overall...this was my idea of a Perfect Royal Wedding. It is up there now with CP Victoria's as my favorite wedding..it more than surpassed my expectations!
THANK YOU! I agree with everything you said. I was in tears many times throughout the procession to the church and throughout the ceremony. I kept thinking about how Diana would have loved to see this day.

It was a magical, special day.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Thanks for this photo!! I was really disappointed this morning because I couldn't see this moment during the TV coverage.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale
Love this photo!
I didn't get to see this either.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

I wish the tv would have shown more of William and Catherine during the ceremony.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale
The coverage I was watching cut away to show guests and I missed this- lovely, very sweet and lovely!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Commoner

kate's father was so nervous earlier before walking the aisle, notice his shaky hands hehe..but them holding hands together, father and daughter its so touching..and never letting go of hands even when they were in the church..
i didnt see the pic during tv coverage too! how nice and touching! thks for sharing dearie!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding