The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Some more photogalleries on "Pure People"

Mariage de William et Kate : William ovationné en colonel des Irish Guards !
Mariage de William et Kate : Et la mariée apparut...
Mariage de William et Kate : Les merveilleux mariés font chavirer le royaume !
Mariage du prince William et de la princesse Catherine : Le baiser !
Mariage de William et Catherine: Just married, ils s'échappent en DB6 cabriolet!

Old 04-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

harry has been the highlight of the wedding, to me.
william looks fine but very stiff, and so does kate who, imo, also had too much make up on.
all in all, vic&daniel, WA&Maxi, Fred&Mary had been more emotional ceremonies.
hope we will get to hear something from the bestman speech ;-)

Old 04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

Ok, did anyone besides me that it looks like Catherine is wearing matching white pants under the skirt? I'm guessing the skirt detaches for dancing??
Old 04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself. 80% of human communication is in body language.
I understand completely what you are saying. People tend to treat her like she's a fragile china doll. God help you, you evil person if you don't like something she wears or does. Look on any website that allows comments. The problem is the media hyped this until I actually lost interest until 2 days ago. Her dress was nice but something was missing for me and at one time during the prayer when they first sat off to the side I swear Prince William looked like he was about to nod off, they even took the camera off of him when he was too slow to open his eyes. It was nice overall though, I'm glad I watched it.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

I don't see anything but the bottom of her dress.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Some of the commentary on here is priceless :)

Wills and Kate may have been nervous, happy, bored or anything else in between. It was THEIR wedding day and as long as they were happy with it-its all that matters.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Commoner

Plain no laces

Look at the waist theres laces on it..

unless theres a way to remove that and detach..but the top part does lookalike..
simple yet elegant
Old 04-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Courtier

I think the negative comments are just a bit much, dare I say in poor taste. . I thought they both looked just fine in a dignified and beautiful service. The dress was simple but elegant and the tiara while not entirely to my taste (I run to the massive Russian if you got it flaunt it school) was lovely and suited the lady very well. Two people can certainly be very much in love, care about each other and understand quite well how they are to behave in public, a sort of knowledge sadly lacking in this day of vulgarity and tastelessness, without making an unseemly spectable of themselves. They were all in all very English, or British if you please. Several hundred thousand people outside Westminster Abbey would probably agree. They certainly cheered long and loudly enought and I with them.

I, of course, am a devout Anglophile. But I must say that if the British ran their economy with the same effective effeciency that they carried out their royal ceremonies (ie, the State Opening, etc. as well as a certain wedding service) Britain would have negligable economic dfficulties and would be the richest nation in the world.

Of course all this business about weddings is just a prelude to the real business at hand. I never cared for weddings very much except that there always wedding RECEPTIONS. I just love, indeed adore and go absolutely bonkers over wedding receptions. What little I could find out about the reception and dinner was enough to cause me to drool, foam at the mouth and go totally rabid. Being of frail, unsound and indeed positively demented mind and body it is almost more than I can take.

I love to cook deserts and of course have now been forbidden to have anything with sugar in it. But I am a chocoholic and in honorr of the occasion could someone please direct me to a recpie for the Chocolate Bisquit Cake served at the wedding or just as well the wedding fruit cake. I just love fruit cakes, most Americans do not. But then we don't have a royal family here and out lives are the poorer for it. Cheers.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal Wedding Coverage: William & Kate's Reception Was 'Very Cozy,' Says a Guest : People.com
Old 04-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Nobility

I loved the wedding. I thought the bride and groom looked fabulous and the ceremony was very moving. But the best was yet to come when I checked Tumblr after the wedding and found this...
Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

True so true.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
I think the negative comments are just a bit much, dare I say in poor taste.
Here Here. Yes it's a forum in which we are all entitled to express our own opinions, but honestly do we have to harp on about the expressions on William & Kate's faces. Call me old fashioned but on a happy occasion such as a wedding I think you don't make these kind of comments about the bride & groom.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

anyone here has a HQ picture of catherine's close up face? on the wedding i mean, and without the lace
Old 04-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
I loved the wedding. I thought the bride and groom looked fabulous and the ceremony was very moving. But the best was yet to come when I checked Tumblr after the wedding and found this...
I love that site, I think it's hilarious.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Commoner

@kathia: i hope this is fine? http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpr...g?w=940&h=1176
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1/201...cession-09.jpg

okie..this is the largest image i can find hahaha http://www.sfexaminer.com/files/7c5c...67007b24_0.jpg

close up enough?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:15 PM

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
There has been so much hype around this wedding that I waited so much from it and was so disappointed. Kate´s dress wasn´t anything special, her hairdo was disappointing. I thought that William and Catherine were modern royals who dare to show their emotions, when they get married with a person they love. But there were no emotions at the ceremony, it was boring and stiff. William and Catherine said their vows with such a hurry that for a moment I thought that they had a competition of who was quicker. I like to hear one saying his/hers vows llike he/she means it.
The highlights of the ceremony were James Middleton, who read the text superb. And the great choir, it was wonderful. Carole Middleton looked lovely. And the little girls and boys were lovely.
And a big, big minus to the TV-director for not showing the foreign royals. e.g. Sofia, Felipe, Letizia, Victoria, Daniel at all.

I agree with you. Even now there are no reports about the other royals who attended the wedding. Very disappointing. I missed the emotions, too. Victoria, Crown princess of Sweden, had to follow the protocol at her own wedding but there was still so much love...
Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyYun View Post
yeah that amazing, thank you!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not William and Catherine's fault that their wedding didn't live up to your expectations. The only expectations they had to live up to were their own.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria and Daniel and William and Kate showed their emotions in different ways. They all looked happy and in love to me.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself. 80% of human communication is in body language.
This is completely obnoxious. This couple was under enormous pressure and probably didn't sleep more than a few hours. They both looked very tired and more than likely just wanted to get the formal ceremony over with so they could relax and enjoy the day.

Seriously. Why can't people just be happy for them instead of ripping everything apart from the wedding attire to their expressions and body language. This was a lovely day and a wonderful ceremony.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding