The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina

Could we stop arguing already whether the couple looked happy or unhappy:
Hear, hear- can we all agree some plp thought they looked bored/unhappy and others did not think that? Neither side will likely convince the other....

Old 04-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
There are enough comparisons between Diana and Catherine, we don't need her name coming up during the service. Yes, it's sad that she wasn't there to witness this wonderful day, but she's there with them in spirit, and that's all that counts.
you are right about that
i just had to ask as i did not listen to the wedding service just had the picture

Old 04-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

There's nothing to admit. Like I just said, apparently there's only two possible states a person can be in -- grinning like an idiot or bored to tears. There's no in between, where one can be happy but reserved at the same time.

What's with all this quack armchair psychology?
That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself. 80% of human communication is in body language.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Courtier

The more I think about it, the more I feel that one should perhaps take a moment to think about things through after such an occasion before starting to form opinions and express them. I was trying to watch and write at the same time and pretty much just blurted out what was the first impression (and my experience tells me first impressions can be dead wrong!). After watching the things unfold during several hours it did seem different than now. Catherine's dress was one of those things that perhaps reveals its true beauty after you look at it for a longer time, read about all the things behind it and see the beautiful detailing etc. The couple at first seemed very nervous and that is understandable. The further the day progresses the more we have seen them relax and show their feelings. They seem relieved and very happy.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
It is sooo boring!! The clothes, the ceremony, William and Kate.. they seems not too happy. It is the worst wedding, what I've ever seen. :(
Maybe because this time it is for real and not just a fairy tale!! What exactly did you expect? They exchanged a lot of smiles and loving looks during the seremony. They wanted their wedding to have a intimate feeling surrounded by their family and friends. What more do you want?!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself.
I rather think that it comes from the fact that you hyped this wedding so much beforehand and fell very hard down today. Therefore people who actually saw a wedding they found pleasant must be defending them and making excuses for them.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thought the nicest moment of the day was the ride in the Aston Martin to Clarence house - down to earth and touching

Old 04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy

I rather think that your major disappointment shows through in your posts about this wedding.
Yes I'm quite disappointed.
I think we all hyped this wedding up so much that it brought a nice downfall. Don't get me wrong it was a nice wedding but I've seen non royal weddings better than this one.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Are you not a good reader of body language? I'm sorry but body language speaks for itself.

I don't make excuses for anyone I don't know. Hell, I don't even make excuses for people I do know.

I've been to weddings where people were bored to tears. I know it very, very well. So based on my own personal experiences having been to probably a hundred weddings since I was 16 years old, I can safely say no, they didn't look bored to me and thus I don't know what in the blue blazes you people are going on about. I've seen bored brides, bored grooms, bored attendants, bored family, I've seen bored clergy. I didn't see any of that today, and I think my own experiences allow me the ability to judge for myself what is or what is not going on in front of my face.

They were nervous undoubtedly, more than likely tired, and overwhelmed by the solemnity of their situation. How any of that reads "boredom" to you, is beyond my ability to comprehend it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

In the car on the way the second reception- 2 second glance but....seemed as if very least she wasn't wearing a veil any longer.....no indication if she changed
Old 04-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
Huh???!!!! I am quiet sure you did not watch the whole wedding!! Maybe you had a little nap inbetween?

nope,watched from 6am uk time till 4pm uk time.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtier

No official photos yet?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy

Ok so I saw them going into the Palace but no pics and it didn't look like she was in a strapless gown it looked like it was white up by her shoulders. I so want to see what she wears!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Gentry

BBC just said it's a different white dress. They said that it's another design by Sarah Burton. It's a white strapless dress with a hoop skirt and diamonds at the waist. That's all I've got at the moment.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

How soon do they release official photos on the BRF? I guess in this digital age it can be immediate? I can't wait to see them either.
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes I'm quite disappointed.
I think we all hyped this wedding up so much that it brought a nice downfall. Don't get me wrong it was a nice wedding but I've seen non royal weddings better than this one.
I didn't get caught up with the wedding hyping, I had a very awaiting attitude all along.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
and what were the order when enetring the church
oldest monachy first?
I guess it didn't appear on TV or at least I didn't see the other royal families entering...
Old 04-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_lanes
BBC just said it's a different white dress. They said that it's another design by Sarah Burton. It's a white strapless dress with a hoop skirt and diamonds at the waist. That's all I've got at the moment.
Ooooh ok hopefully there shall be pics at some point cuz US not covering it-
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I rather think that it comes from the fact that you hyped this wedding so much beforehand and fell very hard down today. Therefore people who actually saw a wedding they found pleasant must be defending them and making excuses for them.

This is what happens when you over-hype something in your own head. You will be disappointed 100% of the time. No matter what she did, wore, said, or looked like......someone would be kvetching about it. You can take that to the bank.

Me, I guessed the Dukedom correctly so I was happy about that, and I missed on the tiara, but I didn't care. I had no preconceived notions about what she'd look like, what the music would be, what the Abbey would look like, nothing. I watched it with a totally open mind. I guess that's why I was able to enjoy it fully. I didn't have anyone else's wedding in my head, I wasn't comparing her to anyone else.

Maybe if more people chose to do that, there'd be less unhappy characters wandering around.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Aristocracy

Hoop skirt WOW so wouldn't expect that from Kate. It looked like white on her shoulders maybe a shawl? I would love to see the reception pics like Norway had of Princess Mary's wedding but that will never happen with the BRF I believe.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding