Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/apr/...k&type=article

Lol

Old 04-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

I'm hoping we'll see them head back to BP. I was suprised they rode to Clarence house in the open-top convertible.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I was rather hoping they wouldn't go the "gold" way, I understand the tradition etc but IMO gold is tacky, silver would have looked much better on the Duchess' hand.
The band of Catherine's engagement ring is gold! A silver wedding ring definitely would have looked tacky!!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
I really don't understand why they couldn't show the foreign royals during this long service.
Long service, seriously? It was the shortest royal wedding i've ever watched. Attention was on Catherine and William.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
If Diana had been alive the wedding would be more like a happy wedding. Now the queen had to much influence over the wedding.
How would Diana have affected the atmosphere of a wedding? Diana this, Diana that. William and Catherine have had the day they obviously wanted, nobody dead or alive would have changed that. Diana would have probably stolen attention from the beautiful bride and the stunning service. It would have made the day full of comparisons and so far, this forum and the press have managed to avoid them for the majority.
And are you suggesting that having The Queen at a wedding makes it a bad occasion? It has been said over and over again that this wedding was William and Catherine, HM has had very little influence over what happened today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I'm sure Albert and Charlene's wedding will be beautiful because it will be what they want.
Does that mean William and Catherine didn't want this wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
The band of Catherine's engagement ring is gold! A silver wedding ring definitely would have looked tacky!!
I know it's gold, numerous people have said it's gold. Gold is tacky IMO and silver isn't. My opinion, obviously you don't share it, there's no problem.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm guessing the couple is due to arrive back at BP seeing as the reporters have returned to the palace.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Someone said there were three kisses at the balcony. Does anyone know where all these three can be seen? I only saw two on BBC coverage.

The couple were very cute and blushing on the balcony. It was sweet to see William trying to catch his bride's attention and then ask "One more?" to which she nodded and then they kissed.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina
Someone said there were three kisses at the balcony. Does anyone know where all these three can be seen? I only saw two on BBC coverage.

The couple were very cute and blushing on the balcony. It was sweet to see William trying to catch his bride's attention and then ask "One more?" to which she nodded and then they kissed.
I watched it live- there were only 2
Old 04-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Long service, seriously? It was the shortest royal wedding i've ever watched. Attention was on Catherine and William.

How would Diana have affected the atmosphere of a wedding? Diana this, Diana that. William and Catherine have had the day they obviously wanted, nobody dead or alive would have changed that. Diana would have probably stolen attention from the beautiful bride and the stunning service. It would have made the day full of comparisons and so far, this forum and the press have managed to avoid them for the majority.
And are you suggesting that having The Queen at a wedding makes it a bad occasion? It has been said over and over again that this wedding was William and Catherine, HM has had very little influence over what happened today.

Does that mean William and Catherine didn't want this wedding?

I know it's gold, numerous people have said it's gold. Gold is tacky IMO and silver isn't. My opinion, obviously you don't share it, there's no problem.

I was replying to the person who said Charlene and Alberts wedding woudn't be beautiful. I have already stated that this is what Catherine and William wanted.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well according to the BBC anchor, Huw Edwards, Princess Lalla Salma of Thailand attended the wedding - just goes to show the overall quality of coverage took no tips from Sweden.
Wow, the BBC? I wouldn't expect such errors from them. Although I've come across several mistakes by British commentators on other channels.
But then some of the articles coming out of the British press prior to the wedding made glaring mistakes about foreign royals.
For all the media hype about the 2 billion strong audience, one would expect better from anchors, particularly if they're so-called experts.
I find the European media better informed. The Swedish commentators at Victoria's wedding identified even the minor royals like Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan accurately.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Majesty

did dianas name ever come up in the wedding service?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

They are coming back to palace so maybe we shall see one picture-

And ugh MSNBC called her ''Now Princess Catherine''
Old 04-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
did dianas name ever come up in the wedding service?
I did not hear Diana's name mentioned. Why would she be mentioned during the service?
Heir Apparent

glad she did attend in the end,she was already in UK anyway when the attack happen.
she looks good but unhappy IMO.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
They are coming back to palace so maybe we shall see one picture-

And ugh MSNBC called her ''Now Princess Catherine''

Get used to it. We're going to hear "Princess Catherine" a lot. We know it's wrong, but that doesn't change what boneheaded TV commentators are going to say.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the next hear I think they will known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. It's going to stick to them, just like The Earl and Countess of Wessex stuck on Edward and Sophie.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
I don't know what is missing and I still love it, but while Kate is a beautiful woman, even with all this pomp and the very romantic dress, she is not as stunningly happy and therefor beautiful as CP Victoria was on her wedding day.
That is because she is Catherine and not CP Victoria!! Why is everyone comparing her and her dress with other royal brides?! Look at her and enjoy her for who she is!!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Majesty

wh did kate wore her engagement ring on her right hand. did she not have it on the left before.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
wh did kate wore her engagement ring on her right hand. did she not have it on the left before.

Wedding bands go on the left hand. That's where her engagement ring had been. So the engagement ring got moved over to the right hand so her wedding band could go on her left.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

She moved the ring so that William could put the wedding ban on first then she placed her engagment ring on after the wedding ring.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I'm still having a hard time understanding the criticism that they either looked sad, or bored, or angry, or otherwise like they had a million other places they'd rather be. There isn't a set of behaviors a bride and groom are supposed to exhibit during a wedding. Everyone is different. Victoria and Daniel were touchy-feely at the altar. These two weren't. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, or they wish they were somewhere else, so that they were bored. They were being watched by billions of people around the world, and were probably trying to quell their nerves enough to not burst into tears and/or fits of laughter.

I just.....gosh. I guess I want to know just what you all want from them.
We may not have been there personally, but everyone can read their body language and tell they weren't showing a lot of joy. There wasn't even a lovers glance. Kate looked bored, sad or angry. I've never known a bride to look like that.

I don't think Victoria and Daniel were all about the touching I think V&D was so in love that it shown through them. I'm not expecting Will and Kate to jump up and down but I was expecting some kind of joy at least.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding