Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh ok well just wanted to clarify my post so everyone understands what I was trying to say:flowers:

A British royal wedding is not a Swedish royal wedding is not a Japanese royal wedding is not an Arab royal wedding is not an African royal wedding. That's why they're all beautiful, the world would be boring if everything was the same.

I got that impression because you said " it's not required". I know it's not required but then again: it would look much more elegant and suitable for the occasion. She's not a regular bride, she's marrying the prince of one of the most important royal families. It is comprehensible that some would like to see her with a more distinguished look.
Nothing against who marries wearing similar styles but as Victoria1999 said she was marrying in the Abbey of Westminster to a prince.

As for the point of being suitable or not suitable... how could we possibly know? She never wears up-dos. But I would guess she would look amazing, since she has this beautiful face and bone structure. I don't see how she wouldn't look good ;)

Just my two cents: If you have thick hair an up-do can be quite heavy. Add the weight of the tiara she was wearing and it has the potential to be awfully heavy- NOT something you want to deal with when you are getting married in front of 2 billion people.

I have thick hair- I had up-do's for several different formal occasions. My neck was pretty sore by the end of the night. If I were in her shoes I would have avoided an up-do as well. Not everyone's hair is suited to up-do's- mine certainly never wants to stay up. It's just too heavy and thick.

You may think that it should have been an up-do however this is Kate and William's wedding. She, as the bride, should have the right to wear her hair however she wants and whichever style she feels most comfortable with. This is especially because no matter what she picks-dress, makeup, hair, or anything else- SOMEONE somewhere is going to complain about something.

You can't please everyone- so why not please yourself on your special day?

I'm glad you all liked the Spencer girls. "The Three Graces" is the most beautiful tittle for them , they really deserve it.
I've made a picture blog for Lady Kitty Spencer:
Lady Kitty Spencer- Princess Spencer II

Are those photos airbrushed, or is it REALLY possible to have skin that perfect??

I mean, her complexion is flawless. :whistling:

I agree wartenberg7...Scandinavian Royal weddings are romantic and have a Hans Christian Anderson fairytale feel to them.

But here in the US, the Brits have always gotten a lot of press, especially after Diana Spencer came on the scene.

Also as another poster pointed out, both are regal in their different styles...the British adherence to history, tradition, Anglican rites...in Spain the weddings tend to also be very formal and of course very Catholic, but no less stunning.

ETA: I personally dislike the fact that the so called "balcony kiss" is now a Royal tradition, whether or not the couple feel comfortable doing it or not. Of course if they refuse, media and public will begin speculating that they don't really love one another! It's unfair, and it started when Charles and Diana did it. Of course, that was one of the most tragic marriages in recent Royal memory so the kiss proved nothing.

Back in 1960 when Baudouin and Fabiola of the Belgians came onto the balcony after their wedding and the throngs demanded a kiss, they smiled shyly but refused to comply...and no one pushed the issue.

And Baudouin/Fabiola are one of the great Royal love stories, so there you go.

I wish people would not demand this of Royal couples.

Last edited:
Are those photos airbrushed, or is it REALLY possible to have skin that perfect??

I mean, her complexion is flawless. :whistling:

I do think the pics of magazine editorials were airbrushed, they always do that with the models, but the pics below are from her facebook, private pics, I mean (some of her friends posted them in a website) , and I think they weren't airbrushed:
Kitty Spencer, bedtime in Althorp, for sure no make up or airbrush:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...eI/AAAAAAAAAHk/hDKdleb-ilQ/s1600/twelveXx.jpg
Visiting a wine farm in South Africa, private pic, ordinary camera:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAAJ0/YGPY8pmQWA8/s1600/sixtyfourx.jpg
At sixteen yrs old, in Diana memorial service, paparazzi pic:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9rdmsW_bd...AAMc/cPAdbabHMiI/s1600/C%C3%B3pia+de+ckat.JPG
Personal pics in Althorp (garden party and inside the car, joking with her sisters):
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-U3a5Y_82vmg/TXuypaN7rJI/AAAAAAAAAIk/iUQGK9bpXV4/s1600/four.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-..._I/AAAAAAAAAIA/nSrt_SCYZ0w/s1600/fourteen.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-odTzQOFiELo/TXuwy5ZDBgI/AAAAAAAAAII/-XydSpq7OUI/s1600/twox.jpg

This pic I paused a video showing an interview and gave a print, I think here she looks like Diana, a melancholic way of inclining the head, a certain desolated look:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WvqnAHZgq...0/YCqqGM-akFY/s1600/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-22.bmp

Many other pics of the blog are private and taken with ordary camera.
I'm brazilian, and one of Diana's best friends, Lúcia Flecha de Lima (also a brazilian) said Diana's skin was a dream, without any make up, even when she woke up, silky and milky from her head to her toss. May the same with Kitty, many people who know Kitty personally say she's got "peaches and cream complexion", and when she was in Paris for her debut a reporter went to see her early in morning and no make up to see she was so perfect and he told she really was!
Well, maybe that isn't right publishing her private pics, but I've found them in web, and the main reason I follow her is exactly why she looks so perfect and reminds me Diana.
Lady Kitty Spencer pic favorite for me:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4q1wHS-QX0E/TcGLPX5Gw7I/AAAAAAAAAN0/QD86VCCPQ7o/s1600/2erfc.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qwXVAgEijDU/TcGLwAISEVI/AAAAAAAAAN4/5AktQF6sDOI/s1600/honnney.JPG

Well, English complexions are famous for their beauty. It's because they have a lot of moisture in the air over there that the women have such great skin! :whistling:

My grandmother always taught me that the etiquette was that a lady wore a hat indoors until such time as she had access to a mirror to check her hair and face were done properly.

As men don't need to care about these things they don't wear hats inside.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense!

Beautiful service: especially music (my favourite hymn: "Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer")

found

Can't remember exactly where it is now in this subforum but there is a wonderful photograph of Kate kneeling as her father lifts the blusher off of her face. I too was dissapointed that we didn't see this in the live coverage.

The photo is here. Exquisite photography I think.

Royal Wedding Ceremony (photos) | OregonLive.com

Thank you,Osipi! I wonder if Pippa helped with the veil,too.This was something that ought to have been filmed,but maybe they wanted this to be a private moment.

I also posted the video(a few pages back) of it which NBC managed to obtain.^

Beautiful service: especially music (my favourite hymn: "Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer")

The music was the best part of the wedding, IMO.

The opening anthem("I Was Glad" aka The Coronation Anthem) was an exquisite surprise...I would never have expected Catherine to walk up the aisle to such a traditional, religious song. I suspect that it was chosen by the Prince of Wales and I am happy that he did...it was solemn, joyous and perfect, imo.

I heard that the haunting, beautiful "Ubi Caritas et Amor", which was sung a capella after the Bishop of London's sermon, was the selection of William and Kate themselves...I LOVED it. :whistling:

Wedding Music

The opening anthem("I Was Glad" aka The Coronation Anthem) was an exquisite surprise...I would never have expected Catherine to walk up the aisle to such a traditional, religious song. I suspect that it was chosen by the Prince of Wales and I am happy that he did...it was solemn, joyous and perfect, imo. Quote from Moon Maiden23

I so agree with MoonMaiden that the "I Was Glad" was exquisite -- and I loved that everything they chose was so very much in the British Anglican tradition. Also agree with you about the music being the BEST thing about the service, even though everything else was just about perfect!

About the Prince of Wales' involvement: I hear that he "guided the couple" by suggesting a number of things and having IPods made of selections for them to listen to. I also heard--after the wedding-- from a musical friend who was part of the ceremony, that Kate spent many hours listening to the IPod. Then they attended a rehearsal with Pr. Charles to hear in the Abbey some of the pieces they were considering. I know that Pr. Charles loves the work of Parry, as do I, and several of his pieces were used, but I was impressed to learn that the couple took the choice of music very seriously and the ultimate choices were theirs alone.

Some people liked Victorias wedding, some people liked Williams wedding. Not everyone can agree on what we like in a wedding. I don't see any issue. And I haven't read anyone say that one wedding has to be better than the other? Each to their own I say. No need to get stressed over peoples opinions.

I like everyone's wedding, if I am interested in the people. I go to all weddings to which I am invited and have witnessed some goofy "earth child" weddings and some very elaborate non-Christian weddings, a last-minute-before-deployment wedding where both bride and groom were in uniform and loads of traditional weddings. I'm always honored to have been invited and have enjoyed them all. Weddings should not be compared, as they're all pretty much the same.

As for The D&DofCa "sharing" their balcony kiss, I wish they hadn't, as I felt both kisses were awkward -- almost embarrassing.

Just my thoughts.

I thought it was very gracious of them to do it not once but twice! We all know they aren't big on the pda! That they were willing to do it for their people was pretty awesome.

The opening anthem("I Was Glad" aka The Coronation Anthem) was an exquisite surprise...I would never have expected Catherine to walk up the aisle to such a traditional, religious song. I suspect that it was chosen by the Prince of Wales and I am happy that he did...it was solemn, joyous and perfect, imo. Quote from Moon Maiden23

I so agree with MoonMaiden that the "I Was Glad" was exquisite -- and I loved that everything they chose was so very much in the British Anglican tradition. Also agree with you about the music being the BEST thing about the service, even though everything else was just about perfect!

About the Prince of Wales' involvement: I hear that he "guided the couple" by suggesting a number of things and having IPods made of selections for them to listen to. I also heard--after the wedding-- from a musical friend who was part of the ceremony, that Kate spent many hours listening to the IPod. Then they attended a rehearsal with Pr. Charles to hear in the Abbey some of the pieces they were considering. I know that Pr. Charles loves the work of Parry, as do I, and several of his pieces were used, but I was impressed to learn that the couple took the choice of music very seriously and the ultimate choices were theirs alone.

Wow...that is very interesting. I knew that Prince Charles had a big part of the selection of the music for the wedding(just as he did with his own first wedding to Diana in 1981)but I had no idea that it was all rehearsed so carefully. Charles' taste in music is impeccable, imo, and he is said to take these things very seriously.

I am also very impressed that William and Kate were so involved in the decision making, and it was very mature and smart of them to allow themselves to be guided by an "expert" like Charles.

Thanks for the info Susanna Wynne!

Last edited:
Ah...wow, I finally got to see it and I just thought the whole thing was simply wonderful! I know Diana would be very proud of the whole thing.

But some of those hats...oh my!

Purrs,
Pook

Well, I perhaps made a 'faux pas' :D But I do not try to speak French, I am half French and have spoken the language since I was a child.

Though like a good many, I too am prone to making the odd error. Thanks for bringing it to the attention of all on an open forum as it was evidently quite worthy of such attention? .lol.

I am very surprised to hear this! Do you speak it a lot at home or not much?

Catherine Hair on her Wedding Day

:ermm:Everything was beautiful, the dress, veil etc. except for her hair from my viewpoint her hair was too long and dark it dominated the upper parts of her body in that beautiful dress/ The style of her hair looked like black waxed on a doll's head:ROFLMAO: also her mother's hair-do under that pretty hat looked like oakum. It is about time they change that hair dresser. These women have beautiful hair.

I wasn't crazy about her hairstyle either, but it didn't keep her from being a beautiful bride! :whistling:

Last edited:
Both the Ladies Sarah and Gabriella looked amazing in those colors. Perefection except for Sarah's hat which looks like an upside down plate imo.

And the Windsor genes are strong. I can see the Queen in them very much, especially Sarah. Beautiful.

Vita:

Princess Letizia of Spain and Princess Victoria of Sweden looked very stylish hats and all!. Camilla attire was beautiful except her hat was a bit overdone. Princess Ann was criticized for her outfit including her hat which from my standpoint was OK except for Ann's hair do which is as "old as the hills". Queen Elizabeth and the Queen of Spain were simply elegant.

I don't know if it's only me, but it says that that picture cannot be seen 'cause it contains "errors".

If you refresh the photo, it should show up.

Laura Fellowes is the pregnant lady.

When William and Catherine came out in the Aston Martin, William wasn't wearing his red uniform anymore but a dark one.
Does anyone know which one that was and why he changed?

Comfort and The Prince had changed into a Blues and Royals Captain's frock coat also designed by Kashket.

Last edited:
Lumutgreen, tnks

also before cdm post, I've actually not noticed the change. wow!

Back
Top Bottom