Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched a lot of the highlights yesteday (as I am sure we all did) and really, there was a lot of emotion, sweet moments between William and Kate yesterday. With the wedding going on, you just couldn't see it, looks like it happened so fast.

They had sweet smiles for each other, held each hands in the carriage back to the Palace, were constantly smiling at each other.

You just have to admit the fever isn't quite over yet. Lovely photos!

I have to say -- I really thought it was sweet that William didn't turn around to see Catherine as she walked up the aisle. That way he was the very last person to see her in that dress when she stood alongside him at the altar. Very romantic.

That was of my favorite parts of the wedding. I also think it was romantic. I thought the wedding was wondeful.I thought The Duke and Dutchess both looked wonderful.

After seeing the photos with better resolution, I can finally see all the details of the wedding dress. Nevertheless, I still reckon that the model of the dress is too common - I've seen similar models in wedding magazines, european brands and in photo albums of regular people.
Also, the make up and the hair style were a huge mistake. I don't know what was in Kate's mind when she decided to do her make up - on her own wedding day - by herself. The hair I don't even have to say that it should have been an up-do, right? At least I believe it's much more elegant and suitable for such an occasion.

Well, also disappointed that they didn't show other royal families but I understand that this was not interesting to the british and consequently to BBC.

Anyways, concerning XXI century royal wedding, Victoria's is still my favourite.

Last edited:
This white dress was beautiful to me the best dress of the evening..:flowers:

After seeing the photos with better resolution, I can finally see all the details of the wedding dress. Nevertheless, I still reckon that the model of the dress is too common - I've seen similar models in wedding magazines, european brands and in photo albums of regular people.
Also, the make up and the hair style were a huge mistake. I don't know what was in Kate's mind when she decided to do her make up - on her own wedding day - by herself. The hair I don't even have to say that it should be an up-do, right?

Well, also disappointed that they didn't show other royal families but I understand that this was not interesting to the british and consequently to BBC.

Anyways, concerning XXI century royal wedding, Victoria's is still my favourite.

I completely agree. The dress was nice but very simple for the occasion. I mean, how many women have the chance to get married at the Westminster Abbey? The church is huge and the dress should have been much memorable and grand.

She has such a beautiful hair and not to do anything with it was a big mistake. I expected her hair to be styled in the same fashion as the royal ladies from Sweden.

Lastly, her veil looked like it was bought from the 99 cent store. On top of all that, it was not placed well together with the tiara.

Also, the make up and the hair style were a huge mistake. I don't know what was in Kate's mind when she decided to do her make up - on her own wedding day - by herself. The hair I don't even have to say that it should be an up-do, right?

You indeed don't have to say it, but no - it should not be an up-do. It is not required.

I'm still enthralled by the whole wedding and there was just so much that made this wedding uniquely William and Kate's.

One thing that keeps crossing my mind and gives me a warm feeling is how much the entire royal family really came across as just that... a family throughout the entire day. Charles kissing his mother on both cheeks when greeting her in the Abbey, the DoE giving Camilla a little smooch, the Queen positively beaming every time we saw her, Charles holding his little stepdaughter on the balcony and Grandma holding her hand and Harry being just Harry all day long. Very memorable wedding! :)

The hair I don't even have to say that it should be an up-do, right?

I don't know. I think that's really just an opinion. I, for one, can't stand most up-dos. They usually make someone look much older and sort of stuffy. But that's just my opinion. I think Kate's hair looked lovely. I might be a bit biased, her and I have very similar hair and i always feel way too old and severe with my hair in an updo, so for formal occasions I usually do half up/half down so something is flowing over my shoulders. I think Kate's looked gorgeous

Wow wow many photo and beautiful Prince William and Kate!!! Photo at Prince Philips cousin countess Pamela Hicks and sister countess Patricia Mountbatten of Burma? They come royal wedding? They is much near relatives royal family! Photo at Queen Elizabeths cousin Margaret Rhodes? Margaret Rhodes is much near relatives with Queen Elizabeths family!

You indeed don't have to say it, but no - it should not be an up-do. It is not required.
beg you pardon, if you understood should be as an expression of obligation. I correct myself: should have been. I'm absolutely aware that it's not required, but up-dos are much more elegant and appropriate for a royal wedding.

Lastly, her veil looked like it was bought from the 99 cent store. On top of all that, it was not placed well together with the tiara.

Totally agree with you. I wish it had more elaborate lacey details.

beg you pardon, if you understood should be as an expression of obligation. I correct myself: should have been. I'm absolutely aware that it's not required, but up-dos are much more elegant and appropriate for a royal wedding.

There's no need to correct yourself, you already said that it should have been an up-do ;). The bold part is your opinion but an up-do does not flatter every bride. It has to suit her. I don't think it would have suited her.

I've been looking at Beatrice's hat and have decided that it's supposed to be a wedding ring hanging from a ribbon. If you want to stretch it a little you could say that the sides of the ribbon are sideways W's and that the top parts of the ribbon are angled C's. That's probably not the case, but I still think the front is supposed to be a wedding ring.

There's no need to correct yourself, you already said that it should have been an up-do ;). The latter is your opinion but not every bride's hair is suitable for an up-do. It doesn't flatter everybody.

I got that impression because you said " it's not required". I know it's not required but then again: it would look much more elegant and suitable for the occasion. She's not a regular bride, she's marrying the prince of one of the most important royal families. It is comprehensible that some would like to see her with a more distinguished look.
Nothing against who marries wearing similar styles but as Victoria1999 said she was marrying in the Abbey of Westminster to a prince.

As for the point of being suitable or not suitable... how could we possibly know? She never wears up-dos. But I would guess she would look amazing, since she has this beautiful face and bone structure. I don't see how she wouldn't look good ;)

I would always wear my hair in an updo for a special occasion personally. However, I'm glad Catherine didn't because my friend wore an updo for her wedding when normally she has her hair down and it was quite obvious to those who knew her she wasn't very comfortable with.

Although her wedding was a day for high glamour and looking fab I don't think it was a day to feel uncomfortable with your hair and your make-up. There was enough pressure on her without feeling that she wasn't keen on her hair or make up imo.

I loved loved her look at the ceremony. The dress is simply exquisite. I get a little teary when I think of how Alexander should have been able to see this moment of the dress he designed himself. To show the world what a genius he is. I love Sarah Burton and love what she is doing to the house but I can't help but wonder, you know?

I loved the veil, the hair and the tiara. Minimalism is much better when done right.

Oh, and Pippa looked stunning in that dress. Compliments the figure sooo well. And I love Harry even more now, he was hilarious.

I would always wear my hair in an updo for a special occasion personally. However, I'm glad Catherine didn't because my friend wore an updo for her wedding when normally she has her hair down and it was quite obvious to those who knew her she wasn't very comfortable with.

Although her wedding was a day for high glamour and looking fab I don't think it was a day to feel uncomfortable with your hair and your make-up. There was enough pressure on her without feeling that she wasn't keen on her hair or make up imo.

That is what I mean. When a girl normally has her hair down and suddenly wears it up because it is her wedding day, it mostly makes her feel uncomfortable because she is not used to it. Imagine having that in front of 2 billion TV viewers and 1900 abbey guests...
I'm glad she remained true to herself and kept her hair half-up, half-down (like she had it during the Lancashire visit).

I've been looking at Beatrice's hat and have decided that it's supposed to be a wedding ring hanging from a ribbon. If you want to stretch it a little you could say that the sides of the ribbon are sideways W's and that the top parts of the ribbon are angled C's. That's probably not the case, but I still think the front is supposed to be a wedding ring.

Actually my first thought seeing that hat was Harry Potter and a quidditch goalpost. :p

Any more official pics?
I like how the surroundings match Wills uniform. The pictures are a little stiff though. Hope they took some black and white pics.

I think one of the reasons for choosing the Abbey over St Paul's is that it is really possible to have a small family feel to the wedding despite the large number of people there. With the screen and the trees and the way that the congregation faces the centre and not the aisle means that the people who really saw what was going on were the two families and some very close friends.

The guests in the back of the abbey...how were they able to see what was going on? Was a television set up?

There were monitors all over the church. When the bridal processional starts and William and Harry make their way up to the altar, you can clearly see one as they pass by it.

Back
Top Bottom