Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there's a difference between being negative and being a realist. Being negative means you don't want to look at the truth...you're in denial. Being a realist means saying the truth even though it hurts. And the truth is this was a boring affair.

You know I am not even enjoying this board today which is a shame. I was looking forward to coming here and sharing the magic of the day with so many of you that I have shared the excitement and build up to this day. Unfortunately, there seems to be an element here today that can't do anything but be negative and spoil it for others. What a shame.

I think there's a difference between being negative and being a realist. Being negative means you don't want to look at the truth...you're in denial. Being a realist means saying the truth even though it hurts. And the truth is this was a boring affair.

I think it would be wise if you would not hype up - or participate in it - any future (British) royal wedding as you did with this one, it saves you from falling down so hard.

Last edited:
You know I am not even enjoying this board today which is a shame. I was looking forward to coming here and sharing the magic of the day with so many of you that I have shared the excitement and build up to this day. Unfortunately, there seems to be an element here today that can't do anything but be negative and spoil it for others. What a shame.

I think the major problem is that so many people got caught up in the hype of this wedding. Lucky for me I didn't and was very awaiting all along - I got a beautiful wedding as a reward :).

Thanks for bringing your good cheer. Have a nice evening.

Am I the only one who's nuts on this board I mean honestly what do some people want. I honestly think some people should go back and watch the wedding again there were many times when they gave each other little glances and smiles they even were chuckling a bit at the beginning. And then when they left the abbey and the carriage ride to BP they looked much more relaxed and happy. The balcony appearance was IMO the best for me

I think the major problem is that so many people got caught up in the hype of this wedding. Lucky for me I didn't and was very awaiting all along - I got a beautiful wedding as a reward :).

Same here I didn't read the hype and found the wedding beautiful .

Where to begin? Well I have already discussed THE DRESS in another thread so here goes the ceremony itself.

THE MUSIC: Sent chills up my spine and brought me as close to tears as I came all morning. The choristers of the Chapel Royal sounded like they were singing in Heaven. I was especially stunned at the processional hymn "I Was Glad" one of my favorite psalms. I had heard a rumor that it was going to be Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary" which frankly is beginning to bore me. I was happily surprised at how spiritual all the musical selections were. :flowers:

THE VOWS: Kate seeming to suppress a giggle while William said his vows...Harry leaning over to whisper to his brother while KM was coming up the aisle..William whispering "beautiful" to her when she reached him at the altar..how attentive and solemn the bride and groom were, and how poised...why did William have a hard time getting the ring on her finger..KM spoke her vows in almost a whisper...her speaking voice is exquisite!

THE ARCHBISHOP'S HOMILY: I thought I'd want to grab a snack when this came on, but the opening statement had me glued..."...be who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire." How beautiful, how perfectly beautiful.

THE DECORATIONS: I thought I would love the trees, but I didn't for some reason...they looked out of place and in the way.

PIPPA & THE BRIDESMAIDS: I'll be honest, I am not a Pippa fan. But she was so pretty in her elegant cream gown, and so attentive to the little bridesmaids. And I thought it sweet that she wore her hair similar to her sister's.

THE REST OF THE MIDDLETON'S: Carole was a stunning mother of the bride..loved her outfit! James reading that passage from Scripture was amazing..I closed my eyes for a minute and thought it sounded like a professional actor...beautful! Mr Middleton seems like a nice guy.

THE CAKE: Just saw it...FREAKING MASTERPIECE. The most beautiful Royal wedding cake I have ever seen!

MISCELLANEOUS..love, love, love the English custom of ringing all the church bells before and after the ceremony...it sounded like a WEDDING should sound! The military bands were perfect...I think too much emphasis is placed on the balcony kiss...all the analyzing of it annoys me. What if the couple does not WANT to kiss in front of millions?? William in particular does not seem comfortable with pda's...Kate surprised me by wearing a tiara..I am so happy she did! I am happy it didn't rain.

Overall...this was my idea of a Perfect Royal Wedding. It is up there now with CP Victoria's as my favorite wedding..it more than surpassed my expectations!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Skippy said:
Wrong, that is your opinion and not the truth. I think it would be wise if you would not hype up - or participate in it - any future (British) royal wedding as you did with this one, it saves you from falling down so hard.

Um I will surely tune in to more weddings and give my opinion on it...whether bad or good. I don't understand you people. I say my opinion and you all get upset. Well this how I feel. It was boring. Even though it was a royal wedding, it was boring...I'm sorry if it's putting you in a tiff that's how I feel. I've never been one to mince on words...I say what I feel about something. Downfall or not.

I got caught up in the hype as much as everyone, and I was not for ONE moment disappointed. It was traditional, and beautiful. The bride, the service, the music, the pomp and pageantry.....it was everything the British do best.

Um I will surely tune in to more weddings and give my opinion on it...whether bad or good. I don't understand you people. I say my opinion and you all get upset. Well this how I feel. It was boring. Even though it was a royal wedding, it was boring...I'm sorry if it's putting you in a tiff that's how I feel. I've never been one to mince on words...I say what I feel about something. Downfall or not.

Good for you. Now you are boring me. :whistling:

As I said before, it's not their fault that their wedding didn't live up to your expectations.

Did I say you shouldn't tune in to weddings anymore and refrain from giving your opinion? No, I just said it may be wise to save yourself from getting caught in such a hype next time.
And you state that this wedding was boring as if it is a fact - which it is not. Stating opinion like fact is not nice on a forum.

That is all I'll say, adios and hopefully for you you'll have a better wedding to see next time :whistling:

As I said before, it's not their fault that their wedding didn't live up to your expectations.

Amen.

Last edited:
Where to begin? Well I have already discussed THE DRESS in another thread so here goes the ceremony itself.

THE MUSIC: Sent chills up my spine and brought me as close to tears as I came all morning. The choristers of the Chapel Royal sounded like they were singing in Heaven. I was especially stunned at the processional hymn "I Was Glad" one of my favorite psalms. I had heard a rumor that it was going to be Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary" which frankly is beginning to bore me. I was happily surprised at how spiritual all the musical selections were. :flowers:

THE VOWS: Kate seeming to suppress a giggle while William said his vows...Harry leaning over to whisper to his brother while KM was coming up the aisle..William whispering "beautiful" to her when she reached him at the altar..how attentive and solemn the bride and groom were, and how poised...why did William have a hard time getting the ring on her finger..KM spoke her vows in almost a whisper...her speaking voice is exquisite!

THE ARCHBISHOP'S HOMILY: I thought I'd want to grab a snack when this came on, but the opening statement had me glued..."...be who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire." How beautiful, how perfectly beautiful.

THE DECORATIONS: I thought I would love the trees, but I didn't for some reason...they looked out of place and in the way.

PIPPA & THE BRIDESMAIDS: I'll be honest, I am not a Pippa fan. But she was so pretty in her elegant cream gown, and so attentive to the little bridesmaids. And I thought it sweet that she wore her hair similar to her sister's.

THE REST OF THE MIDDLETON'S: Carole was a stunning mother of the bride..loved her outfit! James reading that passage from Scripture was amazing..I closed my eyes for a minute and thought it sounded like a professional actor...beautful! Mr Middleton seems like a nice guy.

MISCELLANEOUS..love, love, love the English custom of ringing all the church bells before and after the ceremony...it sounded like a WEDDING should sound! The military bands were perfect...I think too much emphasis is placed on the balcony kiss...all the analyzing of it annoys me. What if the couple does not WANT to kiss in front of millions?? William in particular does not seem comfortable with pda's...Kate surprised me by wearing a tiara..I am so happy she did! I am happy it didn't rain.

Overall...this was my idea of a Perfect Royal Wedding. It is up there now with CP Victoria's as my favorite wedding..it more than surpassed my expectations!:ROFLMAO:

THANK YOU! I agree with everything you said. I was in tears many times throughout the procession to the church and throughout the ceremony. I kept thinking about how Diana would have loved to see this day.

It was a magical, special day. :flowers:

I wish the tv would have shown more of William and Catherine during the ceremony.

kate's father was so nervous earlier before walking the aisle, notice his shaky hands hehe..but them holding hands together, father and daughter its so touching..and never letting go of hands even when they were in the church..
i didnt see the pic during tv coverage too! how nice and touching! thks for sharing dearie!

kate's father was so nervous earlier before walking the aisle, notice his shaky hands hehe..but them holding hands together, father and daughter its so touching..and never letting go of hands even when they were in the church..
i didnt see the pic during tv coverage too! how nice and touching! thks for sharing dearie!

I thought I saw his hand shaking too...or was it Kate's that was shaking his? :)

I'm sorry but I have to say this.

The reason that there has been so little coverage of foreign royals at today's ceremony is that the vast majority of British people don't know that other countries even have royal families. The weddings of the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc couples received next to no media attention in the UK, except for in Hello magazine perhaps which only a very small proportion of the population would read.

So, why would the BBC spend time talking about people the British population, on the whole, neither recognise nor care about?

I mean no disrespect to any of the foreign royals but this is just the reality of the situation.

There is also a difference between giving your opinion and claiming it to be fact as you did in a previous post. In you opinion they looked bored, several people don't agree.

I'm not going to compare William and Kate to Vic and Dan as they are four very different people. Comparing them as couples really isn't fair to any of them.

I think Will and Kate looked exhausted. I hope they can get some rest during their honeymoon.

Well leave the forum.
I would hate to do that to you;)

Thank you. However, since I am here to discuss the wedding and share with friends here how special the day was and how happy I am for the couple, I will be sticking around and enjoy reading those that have something to contribute other than malice.

I loved the wedding and it surpassed ALL my expectations, but I don't think it's cool to bash posters who don't feel the same way.

My understanding is that this is a Forum for the exchange of opinions..not a William/Kate fan site. :ermm:

We all know that everyone is not going to like or dislike the same exact things, so I am little confused about all the invective toward people who weren't impressed?

So much naive criticism is disappointing.

This wedding was for the British people and those in the Commonwealth, and so far as I can gauge, not one of us was disappointed - au contraire!

Foreign royalty is, sadly, not of much interest to most British and Commonwealth citizens and most wouldn't have any idea of who was whom or from whence they hailed. The only exception is CP Mary and the Danish royal family, for obvious reasons. The BBC knew its primary audience and directed its cameras and commentary quite appropriately. It was up to the press of other countries to cover those aspects of the wedding and the guests which would be of interest to their local viewers.

The bride and groom looked relaxed and composed to me. In fact, it's been commented on by many that Catherine excelled in her starring role. She looked beautiful and elegant and wore an exquisitely made and complex gown (see my earlier post #1214 on the official release of the details), she delivered her vows beautifully in a quiet but strong voice, they both smiled at each other at appropriate times and looked very happy to be there together. As a new husband, William was solicitous and tender in his support for Catherine.

I have no idea what these critical comments about body language suggest. It was a solemn occasion to which William and Catherine rose very well, interspersed with some touching, private moments between them. The ceremony was entirely appropriate and one completely decided upon by William and Catherine, especially Catherine it's been reported, and the music was a triumph. For those who noticed and who value such things, it was mightily impressive that At a Solemn Musick, a poem by one of England's greatest poets (many authorities say the greatest) John Milton, was sung. Here, we have a well-educated and sensitive new princess: John Milton was not a royalist by any means and it did them great credit that his magnificent and timeless words were so honoured, nevertheless. (Many will recognise the title of his most prestigious and best known poem, Paradise Lost).

A worrying comment was made by Darren Lyons, the ugliest, richest and most infamous of all paps who owns the largest agency of its type in the world, and who is, unfortunately, an Australian. Interviewed on the BBC he said that Catherine had performed wonderfully at her wedding and it reflected how much she has grown in confidence and poise. He said that already she was the most important woman in the world in the eyes of the paparazzi and that her allure and attraction was already becoming greater than Diana's. One can only hope and pray that Catherine will be offered more protection and support than Diana received (and she's been educated and coached in her new role and duties already, unlike Diana) and that being nearly 10 years older than Diana was, Catherine will be able to cope with and dismiss the intrusiveness much more effectively. William will most certainly not permit her to be hounded by anyone.

So much history; so much grandeur; so much beauty; so much to reflect on. We thank you, your Royal Highnesses and wish you both all that is good, fulfilling and happy. You did Britain and the Commonwealth proud.

I'm sorry but I have to say this.

The reason that there has been so little coverage of foreign royals at today's ceremony is that the vast majority of British people don't know that other countries even have royal families. The weddings of the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc couples received next to no media attention in the UK, except for in Hello magazine perhaps which only a very small proportion of the population would read.

So, why would the BBC spend time talking about people the British population, on the whole, neither recognise nor care about?

I mean no disrespect to any of the foreign royals but this is just the reality of the situation.

its beacouse there is not a close friendship between the British royals and the other European royal familys.
the other royal familys in Europe have a close friendship, but the Brits have never been a part of it. And i think its sad, they should be.

(sorry if the english could be better)

So much naive criticism is disappointing.

This wedding was for the British people and those in the Commonwealth, and so far as I can gauge, not one of us was disappointed - au contraire!

Foreign royalty is, sadly, not of much interest to most British and Commonwealth citizens and most wouldn't have any idea of who was whom or from whence they hailed. The only exception is CP Mary and the Danish royal family, for obvious reasons. The BBC knew its primary audience and directed its cameras and commentary quite appropriately. It was up to the press of other countries to cover those aspects of the wedding and the guests which would be of interest to their local viewers.

The bride and groom looked relaxed and composed to me. In fact, it's been commented on by many that Catherine excelled in her starring role. She looked beautiful and elegant and wore an exquisitely made and complex gown (see my earlier post #1214 on the official release of the details), she delivered her vows beautifully in a quiet but strong voice, they both smiled at each other at appropriate times and looked very happy to be there together. As a new husband, William was solicitous and tender in his support for Catherine.

I have no idea what these critical comments about body language suggest. It was a solemn occasion to which William and Catherine rose very well, interspersed with some touching, private moments between them. The ceremony was entirely appropriate and one completely decided upon by William and Catherine, especially Catherine it's been reported, and the music was a triumph. For those who noticed and who value such things, it was mightily impressive that At a Solemn Musick, a poem by one of England's greatest poets (many authorities say the greatest) John Milton, was sung. Here, we have a well-educated and sensitive new princess: John Milton was not a royalist by any means and it did them great credit that his magnificent and timeless words were so honoured, nevertheless. (Many will recognise the title of his most prestigious and best known poem, Paradise Lost).

A worrying comment was made by Darren Lyons, the ugliest, richest and most infamous of all paps who owns the largest agency of its type in the world, and who is, unfortunately, an Australian. Interviewed on the BBC he said that Catherine had performed wonderfully at her wedding and it reflected how much she has grown in confidence and poise. He said that already she was the most important woman in the world in the eyes of the paparazzi and that her allure and attraction was already becoming greater than Diana's. One can only hope and pray that Catherine will be offered more protection and support than Diana received (and she's been educated and coached in her new role and duties already, unlike Diana) and that being nearly 10 years older than Diana was, Catherine will be able to cope with and dismiss the intrusiveness much more effectively. William will most certainly not permit her to be hounded by anyone.

So much history; so much grandeur; so much beauty; so much to reflect on. We thank you, your Royal Highnesses and wish you both all that is good, fulfilling and happy. You did Britain and the Commonwealth proud.[/QUOTE]

Lovely comments. I wholeheartedly agree with your last paragraph in particular. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom