Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I saw them going into the Palace but no pics and it didn't look like she was in a strapless gown it looked like it was white up by her shoulders. I so want to see what she wears!

BBC just said it's a different white dress. They said that it's another design by Sarah Burton. It's a white strapless dress with a hoop skirt and diamonds at the waist. That's all I've got at the moment.

How soon do they release official photos on the BRF? I guess in this digital age it can be immediate? I can't wait to see them either.

Yes I'm quite disappointed.
I think we all hyped this wedding up so much that it brought a nice downfall. Don't get me wrong it was a nice wedding but I've seen non royal weddings better than this one.

I didn't get caught up with the wedding hyping, I had a very awaiting attitude all along.

mia_lanes said:
BBC just said it's a different white dress. They said that it's another design by Sarah Burton. It's a white strapless dress with a hoop skirt and diamonds at the waist. That's all I've got at the moment.

Ooooh ok hopefully there shall be pics at some point cuz US not covering it-

I rather think that it comes from the fact that you hyped this wedding so much beforehand and fell very hard down today. Therefore people who actually saw a wedding they found pleasant must be defending them and making excuses for them.

This is what happens when you over-hype something in your own head. You will be disappointed 100% of the time. No matter what she did, wore, said, or looked like......someone would be kvetching about it. You can take that to the bank.

Me, I guessed the Dukedom correctly so I was happy about that, and I missed on the tiara, but I didn't care. I had no preconceived notions about what she'd look like, what the music would be, what the Abbey would look like, nothing. I watched it with a totally open mind. I guess that's why I was able to enjoy it fully. I didn't have anyone else's wedding in my head, I wasn't comparing her to anyone else.

Maybe if more people chose to do that, there'd be less unhappy characters wandering around.

Hoop skirt WOW so wouldn't expect that from Kate. It looked like white on her shoulders maybe a shawl? I would love to see the reception pics like Norway had of Princess Mary's wedding but that will never happen with the BRF I believe.

That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.

errr, they're British ~ thats how they're supposed to look! :p The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge(laaaave it!) have never shown themselves to be publicly emotional or affectionate so why would you expect them to be like that today. I thought they looked lovely, a tad nervous, but calm and you could see a deep joy within them.

I loved the wedding, Victoria's and Daniels is still the wedding of the century so far for me, but this wedding was so delightful and British and very William and Catherine. I loved the drive in the Aston Martin to Clarence House. I am going to guess that they have just started a new royal tradition. I am certain future brides will want an evening reception as well and this little drive and take the place of the honeymoon carriage procession. I'm a bit sad all the excitement is over now and I'll have to put away my tiara, o well, back to reality I guess.

Sounds divine! I want pictures. :lol:

Fox news in the USA showed them going into the Palace in the car a few minutes ago. I am thinking if anything else comes out they will show it. I am getting tired LOL getting up at 3am is wearing on me. This was so worth it!

I'm guessing most likely we will get some photos of them arriving though I wouldn't expect proper official photos for this portion of the wedding but ya never know

other royal couples has hold hands during the wedding service
The European royals do. That is however not the way for the British Royal family. I'm surprised that you didn't know that!!

Skippy said:
I didn't get caught up with the wedding hyping, I had a very awaiting attitude all along.

I really liked Victorias wedding and I was really expecting it to be like that. I didn't hype it up in my head like a crazy freak...but I hyped myself into thinking this will be a great wedding because it's a British wedding. Everyone has this preconceived notion that the Brits do it big...no the Swedes do it big lol.

Ok- so I had to be somewhere early this morning and missed the last half of the wedding! Has anyone found a website I could watch it online?

I would suggest BBCNews perhaps, I know Iplayer has it on but that's for UK only.

Princejohnny25 said:
errr, they're British ~ thats how they're supposed to look! :p The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge(laaaave it!) have never shown themselves to be publicly emotional or affectionate so why would you expect them to be like that today. I thought they looked lovely, a tad nervous, but calm and you could see a deep joy within them.

I loved the wedding, Victoria's and Daniels is still the wedding of the century so far for me, but this wedding was so delightful and British and very William and Catherine. I loved the drive in the Aston Martin to Clarence House. I am going to guess that they have just started a new royal tradition. I am certain future brides will want an evening reception as well and this little drive and take the place of the honeymoon carriage procession. I'm a bit sad all the excitement is over now and I'll have to put away my tiara, o well, back to reality I guess.

I'm not expecting them to do back flips and be really touchy but give each other a lovers glance, a smile or something. I didn't even feel the chemistry between them. I didn't even see joy on her face...quite surprising to me.

living in the uk you can't help but get hyped up about it. ever since the engagement was announced it has been royal wedding everywere. it is a bank holiday so no schools or work...

i think part of the problem is that they have been described as the new modern generation of the royal family and so people expect them to be a certain way.

they are what and who they are and on hindsight they were never ever going to have a wedding like any of us.

i've read somewhere that pippa's dress was like what kate would have worn if she had had a commoners wedding like anyone of us.

Her 2nd dress is gorgeous!!!! She's wearing a white shawl/jacket! The diamonds at the waists are beautiful!

I was thinking at first watching it wow these two look so nervous well really 3 I thought Harry looked a ball of nerves. Anyway I agree as the day goes on they seemed to really come to terms with the magnitude of the event and they warmed up. I did think perhaps holding hands would have been nice but again this is the BRF we are talking about I realized after I typed that post that just isn't done.

I bet at the party tonight they will be holding hands dancing close and having a grand time with the people they love and care for the most. I hope they have a wonderful reception BUT PLEASE release some pics!

on bbc world news they just showed the newlyweds leave st. james palace, she was wearing a white dress, with a little jacket over it.

OMG Fox news showed pics of the dress when they were getting ready to leave at clarence house. Not a huge skirt it has fullness. Strapless yes but with a ivory sweater over it...ugly with that sweater looks like she grabbed it on the way out realizing it might be chilly LOL. But the dress does have a diamond belt looks pretty and no tiara.

Well, both Kate and William aren't exactly charismatic people here.
I would very much like to know exactly what you mean by 'charismatic'. It was a religious event where serious wedding vows were exchanged between a couple committed to each other.

The couple left Clarence House for BP and the evening dress is white and designed by Sarah Burton again.

What did you think of the sweater it looked to be a different shade of white vs the dress right?

Bah hope we get some full body shots I'm missing all this stupid channels none of them are catching the evening reception.

Back
Top Bottom