Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlottle Astor I was 100% kidding on that. I am not on baby watch let them take that step when they are ready. I was just kidding that is just the way it always goes....our tabloids here already say pregnant bride on them. LOL

The CNN host just described it as "A perfect British Wedding". I think that is correct

Ok, they were so nervous during the ceremony, you can tell because they are so smiley and happy looking. Plus the ceremony is very solem one, you must get your lines right with an estmated 2 billion watching you as you say them - loads of pressure!!

So there's this never-ending confusion in the minds of some about titles, that there are royal dukes, counts, etc who are princes and non-royal (noble) dukes, counts, et al that are not. And to further complicate matters, but not in Britain, princes who are/were not part of a reigning royal house.

The newly married couple looked quite relieved after leaving Westminster Abbey. ;)
The ceremony itself was very formal and festive, but also rather stiff. It reminded me of the wedding of Felipe and Letizia. It was a beautiful wedding though.

The bride looks stunning today. I love her dress.

Now let's wait for the balcony scene. :flowers:

I really can't stand the "experts" who commentate on US television.
One just noted that the tiara loaned can't be a gift because it is part of the crown jewels. Dang and this expert is British!

Lol my little one just seen Beatrice in the car and said, in a very disgusted tone, "Mummy, what does that lady have on her head?"

They looked happy and relaxed in the carriage. I imagine they're glad the ceremony is over.

I really love the dress.

I really can't stand the "experts" who commentate on US television.
One just noted that the tiara loaned can't be a gift because it is part of the crown jewels. Dang and this expert is British!

German experts are not better, trust me! *lol* they called her Catherine Montbatten-Windsor, amonf many other mistakes:bang:

My favorite moment my 2 year old son said look mommy the horses are saying yes! The heads were bobbing up and down. We are off to have our Royal Dunkin Donuts on china and tea for breakfast. It has been a pleasure watching and sharing this day with you all! I will be back on later.

Everyone looked so happy and relaxed and confident, it was beautiful!

The American news stations annoyed and disappointed me beyond belief. I wish I wasn't in a hotel, so I could watch BBC, maybe then I wouldn't have been so frustrated. It feels as though NO research really went into this. Almost the minute they were pronounced husband and wife, the reporters began calling her Princess Catherine. They seemed interested in only Elton John, the Beckham's and the Spencer's, and we saw very little of most of the foreign royals dignitaries or even the British Royal family.

Oh I just want to yank that thing off Beatrice's head. Yuck!

Lol my little one just seen Beatrice in the car and said, in a very disgusted tone, "Mummy, what does that lady have on her head?"
Hilarious! And so true.

I can't wait to see the balcony kiss and the whole scene. So exciting! Beautiful wedding and perfectly executed.

cmkrcwi said:
No, she is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, etc. etc.

She is not Princess William because William's official title ceased to be HRH Prince WIlliam of Wales once he became Duke of Cambridge. He's still a Prince and his name is still William but that is no longer part of his official title. And if it's not part of his, it isn't part of hers.

He is still Prince William - you don't lose titles only gain them

Poor York girls just can't seem to do hats, can they?

It's going to take me awhile to get used to her as Duchess of Cambridge, or even Princess Catherine as the press is sure to call her. I still want to call her Kate.

I thought the service was beautiful. Everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves. Glad I was able to catch it.

Beautiful! Loved the dress the ceremony everything I'm so tired but waiting for the balcony appearance like everyone else

Ouch ghost night you have really been pulling the all nighter.
Time to sip a coffee to make the final hour or so.

The guy from the BBC was impressed with the solemnity of it all. Personally that didn't impress me, but everything was well done and in the end they looked very happy, so that's all that matters! :)

The commentators were terrible. Matt Lauer on NBC even admitted he didn't know what he was talking about...and I could tell.

Barbara Walters did a good job. I'm disappointed with Piers Morgan. I thought he would be in the know but it didn't seem like it.

Ditto about being tired. Can't wait to see the balcony.

Back
Top Bottom