Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

BTW, are they going to get their own subforum with their new titles?

Yes, they will. After the excitement dies down in a couple of days. Right now its easier for members to find what they are looking for as it relates to the wedding threads, if they are in one forum.

We have to move around some stuff.

I'm a bit excited about DoCambridge's (yes, I'm using her title) curtsey to the Queen.
Btw, would she call herself Catherine Wales or Catherine Cambridge? (Like Sophie uses Sophie Wessex)

I think Catherine Mountbatten-Windsor. But I'm only guessing.

Catherine Cambridge what an interesting thing to call yourself. Do you think William won't be William Wales anymore for his forces duties and be William Cambridge as well?

I think Catherine Mountbatten-Windsor. But I'm only guessing.

Unofficially, officially she has no surname I believe?

God Save The Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lumutqueen said:
God Save The Queen.

Think it's strange for the Middletons to song it while looking at her?

The Queen doesn't sing it?

That's an interesting question.

I just saw a full on picture of Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie and they look a mess. Eugenie's dress in particular (and please forgive me cause I hate to say something negative about her) reminds me of that blue and white checkered dress that Sarah wore years ago, and was rightly criticized for looking awful.

The Queen never sings it. Why should she save herself?

Who are the grey clad nuns that were near William and Catherine?

CrownPrincess5 said:
I'm really disappointed with the train.
I hyped this wedding up so much that I got a big letdown:(

Yeah, i think i did that a little bit. Her dress and tiara suit her and it looks very pretty, but i think I was hoping for a little more oomph. It suits them though, because it's not as formal seeming as previous weddings.

Think it's strange for the Middletons to song it while looking at her?

The Queen doesn't sing it?

The Queen would be singing it to herself which would be silly. And it will be something that they will have the get used to I guess.

Why is that part of the wedding not public?

I always love when they sing God Save the Queen that Prince Philip sings.
Don't know why but it always strikes me as touching.

Going back to the register signing now.

Zonk said:
That's an interesting question.

I just saw a full on picture of Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie and they look a mess. Eugenie's dress in particular (and please forgive me cause I hate to say something negative about her) reminds me of that blue and white checkered dress that Sarah wore years ago, and was rightly criticized for looking awful.

The Queen never sings it. Why should she save herself?

The President sings the US National Anthem- isn't the national anthem and not just a song about her (of whoever is ruling)?

I guess the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh won't be witnesses on the register. (Perhaps it's not common for grandparents to do so, although IIRC Ruth Lady Fermoy did in 1981.)

It is weird seeing the QUeen not go back to sign the register. She is just a Grandma watching her grandson get married.

So its over soon??

This is not a wedding ceromony to remember im afraid, im sure Will and Kate are happy but they dont look that way, the whole thing is a too stiff for my taste, its a joyous day, so show some joy and happiness.

It did seem that The Duchess of Cambridge was living in the moment taking it all in from the alter.

I always love when they sing God Save the Queen that Prince Philip sings.
Don't know why but it always strikes me as touching.
I've never seen that before, but I was touched, too, for no reason I can name. It's just - touching.

zembra said:
So its over soon??

This is not a wedding ceromony to remember im afraid.

I'll remember it- least of all because tiara naming frustrations :)

Lol I guess when Kate first arrived at the alter with her father, William mouthed to Michael "We were supposed to have a small family affair". Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom