The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Nice new article about the wedding and other things....

Gown of Grace: Exhibit on Princess' 1956 Nuptials an Elegant Tribute to a Philly Girl

Apr. 2--In the two years that he was chaplain to the royal family of Monaco (July 1969 to July 1971), David Voellinger did many things with Prince Rainier III and Princess Grace, the Academy Award-winning, Philadelphia-born actress Grace Kelly.
He swam in the royal pool (purified with ozone bubbles -- Voellinger compares it to "swimming in champagne"), ate ham sandwiches made for him by Princess Grace and met the occasional house guest -- David Niven, Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, tennis player Bjorn Borg.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science...urce=r_science

Old 04-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Nobility

I'v found this really old black and white interesting video called "The Wedding" of Prince and Princess Rainier and Kelly's civilian wedding. Enjoy.

Source AMCTV.
http://www.amctv.com/amc/online/2-4-gk_wedding.html

And yet another one of the actual wedding, not that good quality though.

BBC London
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2720723.stm

Old 04-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Nobility

just one...............

(PDV)

Old 04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

thanks RaniaRocks i enjoyed the videos, good job finding them. wish i lived closer to philly so i could see the dress. has anybody gone to see it yet? did you enjoy the exhibit?
Old 04-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Majesty

KELLY / RAINIER CIVIL RITE WEDDING CEREMONY AND PRE-WEDDING CELEBRATIONS - WEDDING REHEARSAL - ITN Stills - Part 1

Old 04-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Majesty

KELLY / RAINIER CIVIL RITE WEDDING CEREMONY AND PRE-WEDDING CELEBRATIONS - WEDDING REHEARSAL - ITN Stills - Part 2

Old 04-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Majesty

The wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - ITN Stills - Part 1

Old 04-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Majesty

The wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - ITN Stills - Part 2

Old 04-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Majesty

The wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - ITN Stills - Part 3

Old 04-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
thanks RaniaRocks i enjoyed the videos, good job finding them. wish i lived closer to philly so i could see the dress. has anybody gone to see it yet? did you enjoy the exhibit?
I was surprised to read there was to be an exhibition of the dress. I saw the it about 25 year ago when it was on permanent exhibition in the Philadelphia Art Museum. Even at that time, it was obvious that the stunning dress had discolored with age. It's ashame it wasn't preserved better. She gave it was a gift to the people of Phila. to enjoy. My guess is that it was taken out of permanent exhibition because the museum ran out of space and needed it for other exhibits or because of the continuing discoloration due to being under those bright lights. Sure enjoyed the opportunity to see it, though! Hope you get a chance to see it sometime.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Oh thank you for taking the time to post these stills, Grace was so beautiful and looked the perfect bride. I love it when a bride wears a veil, just makes the whole thing look so romantic.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Credits to Sipa Press, Publifoto, Rex Features and Olympia:

Old 08-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Commoner

In the last 50 years this was the wedding gown to end all wedding gowns. It was the perfect mixture of class and elegance and Grace wore it to perfection.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Last night, tv here broadcasted the documentary «GRACE FACE A SON DESTIN», to celebrate the 50th anniversary of this wedding.
I've never watched it before and I found it fascinating. It starts in New York, on September 14th 1982, when the producer Patrick Jeudy hears the news on the radio about the death of the princess and then it does a flashback to May 1955 - May 1956, to follow the love story of Grace and Rainier, culminating with the wedding.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Last night, tv here broadcasted the documentary «GRACE FACE A SON DESTIN», to celebrate the 50th anniversary of this wedding.
I've never watched it before and I found it fascinating. It starts in New York, on September 14th 1982, when the producer Patrick Jeudy hears the news on the radio about the death of the princess and then it does a flashback to May 1955 - May 1956, to follow the love story of Grace and Rainier, culminating with the wedding.

It was a really nice documentary, with images of the wedding, their engagement, their meeting, and images of grace's films and awards. But what the there was a question that the narrator always asked was if Grace really wanted to left behind her carrer and be a princess.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Courtier

I think Princess Grace of Monaco is the most beautiful royal bride of all time hands down there are some runner-ups but they still can't come close to Grace. Her wedding dress was simply beautiful and elegant there can't be any
another great wedding dress as her's the one and only beautiful and gracious royal bride of all royal brides Princess Grace of Monaco.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 07-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Courtier

Grace was, if not the most beautiful, one of the top 3 most beautiful brides of royalty.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:37 AM
Commoner

I'm not sure if I can post this, but I found these video clips yesterday on youtube originally broadcast by the British Pathe, where they filmed from when Princess Grace boarded the ship bound for Monaco, to the wedding. We found it very interesting! I looked, but it doesn't seem like the links are posted somewhere else

=
Old 02-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

The Wedding in Monaco

I'm reviving an old thread here to ask if anyone knows what has become of the MGM film of Grace & Rainier's wedding, "The Wedding in Monaco". To my knowledge it has never been re-released or made available on video/DVD. I think a small section was used as part of the recent Grace Kelly exhibition in Monaco - does that mean the Grimaldi family own the rights? It must be lurking in some archives somewhere - what a waste, it would be wonderful to see more footage in "glorious technicolor"!