Prince Rainier & Grace Kelly: 19 April 1956

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice new article about the wedding and other things....

Gown of Grace: Exhibit on Princess' 1956 Nuptials an Elegant Tribute to a Philly Girl

Apr. 2--In the two years that he was chaplain to the royal family of Monaco (July 1969 to July 1971), David Voellinger did many things with Prince Rainier III and Princess Grace, the Academy Award-winning, Philadelphia-born actress Grace Kelly.
He swam in the royal pool (purified with ozone bubbles -- Voellinger compares it to "swimming in champagne"), ate ham sandwiches made for him by Princess Grace and met the occasional house guest -- David Niven, Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, tennis player Bjorn Borg.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/scienc...ptials_an_elegant/index.html?source=r_science

Last edited by a moderator:
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8811/fmp143602602xj.jpg
just one...............

(PDV)

542ur.jpg

thanks RaniaRocks i enjoyed the videos, good job finding them. wish i lived closer to philly so i could see the dress. has anybody gone to see it yet? did you enjoy the exhibit?

KELLY / RAINIER CIVIL RITE WEDDING CEREMONY AND PRE-WEDDING CELEBRATIONS - WEDDING REHEARSAL - ITN Stills - Part 1

vfz0ax.jpg
vfz0ci.jpg
vfz0gz.jpg
vfz0if.jpg
vfz0n9.jpg
vfz0op.jpg
vfz0qh.jpg
vfz21c.jpg
vfz22u.jpg
vfz24z.jpg

KELLY / RAINIER CIVIL RITE WEDDING CEREMONY AND PRE-WEDDING CELEBRATIONS - WEDDING REHEARSAL - ITN Stills - Part 2

vfz2fk.jpg
vfz2he.jpg
vfz2mu.jpg
vfz2ud.jpg
vfz2wg.jpg
vfz30z.jpg
vfz334.jpg
vfz34o.jpg
vfz38y.jpg

The wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - ITN Stills - Part 1

vfzfwk.jpg
vfzfyu.jpg
vfzg37.jpg
vfzg4y.jpg
vfzg91.jpg
vfzgau.jpg
vfzghf.jpg
vfzgjd.jpg
vfzi14.jpg
vfzi2v.jpg

The wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - ITN Stills - Part 2

vfzib8.jpg
vfzig6.jpg
vfzijd.jpg
vfzino.jpg
vfzips.jpg
vfziwx.jpg
vfzj2f.jpg
vfzj4k.jpg

The wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - ITN Stills - Part 3

vfzjfn.jpg
vfzjhf.jpg
vfzjlv.jpg
vfzjnl.jpg
vfzjpw.jpg
vg045y.jpg
vg0483.jpg

bbb said:
thanks RaniaRocks i enjoyed the videos, good job finding them. wish i lived closer to philly so i could see the dress. has anybody gone to see it yet? did you enjoy the exhibit?

I was surprised to read there was to be an exhibition of the dress. I saw the it about 25 year ago when it was on permanent exhibition in the Philadelphia Art Museum. Even at that time, it was obvious that the stunning dress had discolored with age. It's ashame it wasn't preserved better. She gave it was a gift to the people of Phila. to enjoy. My guess is that it was taken out of permanent exhibition because the museum ran out of space and needed it for other exhibits or because of the continuing discoloration due to being under those bright lights. Sure enjoyed the opportunity to see it, though! Hope you get a chance to see it sometime.

Last edited:
Oh thank you for taking the time to post these stills, Grace was so beautiful and looked the perfect bride. I love it when a bride wears a veil, just makes the whole thing look so romantic.

Credits to Sipa Press, Publifoto, Rex Features and Olympia:

In the last 50 years this was the wedding gown to end all wedding gowns. It was the perfect mixture of class and elegance and Grace wore it to perfection.

Last night, tv here broadcasted the documentary «GRACE FACE A SON DESTIN», to celebrate the 50th anniversary of this wedding.
I've never watched it before and I found it fascinating. It starts in New York, on September 14th 1982, when the producer Patrick Jeudy hears the news on the radio about the death of the princess and then it does a flashback to May 1955 - May 1956, to follow the love story of Grace and Rainier, culminating with the wedding.

Elsa M. said:
Last night, tv here broadcasted the documentary «GRACE FACE A SON DESTIN», to celebrate the 50th anniversary of this wedding.
I've never watched it before and I found it fascinating. It starts in New York, on September 14th 1982, when the producer Patrick Jeudy hears the news on the radio about the death of the princess and then it does a flashback to May 1955 - May 1956, to follow the love story of Grace and Rainier, culminating with the wedding.

It was a really nice documentary, with images of the wedding, their engagement, their meeting, and images of grace's films and awards. But what the there was a question that the narrator always asked was if Grace really wanted to left behind her carrer and be a princess.

I think Princess Grace of Monaco is the most beautiful royal bride of all time hands down there are some runner-ups but they still can't come close to Grace. Her wedding dress was simply beautiful and elegant there can't be any
another great wedding dress as her's the one and only beautiful and gracious royal bride of all royal brides Princess Grace of Monaco.

Grace was, if not the most beautiful, one of the top 3 most beautiful brides of royalty.

I'm not sure if I can post this, but I found these video clips yesterday on youtube originally broadcast by the British Pathe, where they filmed from when Princess Grace boarded the ship bound for Monaco, to the wedding. We found it very interesting! I looked, but it doesn't seem like the links are posted somewhere else:)

YouTube - Grace Kelly's wedding part 1

YouTube - Grace Kelly's wedding part 2=

The Wedding in Monaco

I'm reviving an old thread here to ask if anyone knows what has become of the MGM film of Grace & Rainier's wedding, "The Wedding in Monaco". To my knowledge it has never been re-released or made available on video/DVD. I think a small section was used as part of the recent Grace Kelly exhibition in Monaco - does that mean the Grimaldi family own the rights? It must be lurking in some archives somewhere - what a waste, it would be wonderful to see more footage in "glorious technicolor"!

^ I heard that it was available for purchase from someone similar to TCM AMC, etc. I also remember seeing a very old copy on VHS for sale on ebay...

Sorry I can't help more...

lovely picture ! so used to seeing the wedding pictures in black and white , so it makes a change when you see them in colour.

Hi,ELLY C:
I am as interested as you in seeing The video of the Wedding in Monaco ,because I have never seen it.It was broadcasted in 1956 in all cinemas and it is in colour.Regards:flowers:

Wow I didnt know much of this (about about the lack of royals at R&G's wedding etc). I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I didnt know it, I mean why would I?

So now that its a few years since the last post, what do people think?

I came across this website/blog and it has a couple of pictures of Princess Grace on her wedding day that I haven't seen before.

The blog does take a while to load (lots of wedding stuff) but the picture and article are near the bottom of the page titled - Grace Part II

DC NearlyWeds: October 2007
(I am not sure if I'm allowed to add a link to a blog but if not just Google - "Grace and her bridal party " and go to the Images and it will take you to the blog)

princess Grace is very beautiful ..... i loved her dress stile ...

Me and many people want to see the wedding of Grace kelly,but it is not possible yet, because it is not available in DVD.Fortunately,I have noticed ,it can be available soon in DVD in a web of cinema, if people vote for this movie to be available in Dvd.There are many votes yet,and a few are needed to achieve it.Please if anybody of you is interested in voting,send me a private e-mail and I will be delighted to give the link.Regards:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom