Prince Philippe, Duke of Brabant and Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz: 4 December 1999

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful large pictures

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 02a.jpg
    02a.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 784
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 321
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 489
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 506
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 503
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 418
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 634
I like her dress very much, but I would have liked the bouquet better if there were more and bigger blooms on it. It looks too "green-y" to me.

I do hate Mathildes wedding dress and her bouquet, but Mathilde did look really good! Her bouquet was to big.. but as they say in Scandinavia, Alt klaer den smukke (Everything look good at the stunning)..:rolleyes: :)

Alexandria said:
Thank you for the great photos Cathérine Bergeyck. :clap: The picture of a laughing Queen Sofia is wonderful. I also remember from Hello or Hola magazine there being a wonderful picture of Queen Margrethe's arrival. She was climbing the stairs (as seen in the photo you posted) but she turned around to wave to the crowd and the wonderful shade of purple Queen Margrethe was wearing against the bright red stairs was absolutely spectacular. Anyone have this photo they might be able to share?

I don't know if you are refering to this photo:) (I hope so:eek: )...

I would like to add some photos to this thread, from Hola.

And I love two tender gestures Mathilde dedicated, at the balcony, to her parents and her in-laws

Regards,
mtbcm​

:) You can´t jugde Mathilde´s dress on this pics. I saw the wedding live on TV and she was glowing, she looked so natural but also so elegant. I´ve never seen her before the wedding and I loved her from the first moment I saw her on TV. I didn´t really like her bouquet it seemed to me as if the bouquet lacked the flowers. But I liked her tiara very much.I think it was the best tiara worn by any royal bride recently. I am intersted in the dress she wore underneath the coat but I ´m afraid there is no picture...:)

I remember the same, she is such a natural beauty. I believe she almost didn t wear any make-up. The veil from the Ruffo-family is absolutely stunning, and as she was a winterbride, Mathilde was appropriately dressed. However I remember that Mathilde had difficulties walking, as if the veil dress were weighing to much.
I didn t dislike the bouquet that much, it was nice that it matched the flower decorations in the cathedral.

I must say that Queen Paola also looked stunning in her Armani suit, very royal!

i can't believe they've been married for 6 years...

it really shows how love grows and grows by the ages....

If my french doesn't betray me the title of the article is: "Birth of a Princess of Legend" and it talks about the resemblance between Queen Astrid and Mathilde: glamour, charisma and simplicity;)

Thanks a lot Cathérine Bergeyck!!!:D

crisiñaki said:
If my french doesn't betray me the title of the article is: "Birth of a Princess of Legend" and it talks about the resemblance between Queen Astrid and Mathilde: glamour, charisma and simplicity;)

Thanks a lot Cathérine Bergeyck!!!:D

Yes that's right! :)

I'll translate the little text:

BIRTH OF A LEGENDARY PRINCESS

Mathilde, from now on princess of Belgium and duchess of Brabant has already won a place in the heart of the Belgians. In the "hit parade" of most loved kings and queens she may very well steel the late queen Astrid's first place, because like her she knows how to combine nobility, charisma and modesty. Le Soir Illustré offers its most sncere wishes of happiness to the couple.

point de vue

scannen0004kn8.th.jpg
scannen0015yc1.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful picture of beautiful wedding, than you Catherine:flowers: Even if Paola wore a reather dull color she looked very elegant that day I thought, Very Queenly.

A few more I did not see posted, fotos by Yves Logghe

This is one of my favourite Weddings and if memory serves me well Mathilde is also expecting. I hope that they continue to have a long and prosperous marriage. Here's to heavenly Weddings.:lol: :flowers: :wub:

Julia said:
More photos

Roshanah said:
This is one of my favourite Weddings and if memory serves me well Mathilde is also expecting.:lol: :flowers: :wub:

I love your post and agree with everything you said except....Mathilde is not currently expecting a baby -- it's only Letizia and Maxima as far as we know.

Emily said:
I love your post and agree with everything you said except....Mathilde is not currently expecting a baby -- it's only Letizia and Maxima as far as we know.

i would agree with posts but Mathilde already have two boys and one girls but im sure she wanted another baby and would be last or she wanted more its their decision but Maxima is expecting thrid baby and Letizia expecting second baby

congratulation!!!
They have been married for 7 years... it's a so much beautifull love story!!!

Question:
I always wonder who paid for Mathilde's wedding gown?

CP Mary is expecting as well.
Mathilde and Phillipe and their children seem like a very sweet family:flowers:

magnik said:
Question:
I always wonder who paid for Mathilde's wedding gown?

I think her family did. They have some money. The royal family paid for the church (cathedral?), the reception site, and the catering (done by the palace staff). I also think that the royal florists did the flowers, as they do for most of the events held by the RF. Her tiara was also borrowed from Q Paola. But that's the joy of marrying a royal! I know the Spanish royal wedding was somewhere around two million dollars (American), so I would expect Phillipe and Mathilde's was somewhere in that range. Because so many of the sites (the most expensive part of a wedding, usually) is almost always a royal location, such as a royal chapel, or a reception venue in the royal palace, staffed by the palace staff (who do all the royal events), the cost for the dress is usually one of the only things the bride's family needs to pay for. However, even that cost may have been defrayed, as the royal family might have payed for it in part, (but I doubt that), or the designer may have given them a discount (since they will recieve so much free publicity). I doubt we will ever know, though, as I don't think that the rf has ever released that info.

Last edited:
Was Princess Maria-Astrid of Liechestien one of the flower girls, with Prince Joachim? I was going through old photos and there was this girl who resembals M-Astrid :ermm: in a lot of the photos...

Mathilde is such a woman of grace that I like her!

Beautiful bride! Best wishes for her!

Beautiful wedding and I cannot believe seven years have already passed.

Her dress was nice, but her bouquet was a bit large.:ermm:

What was the sad part of the wedding, where Mathilde cried so hard? Does anyone have pictures and an explanation?

I believe the cardinal referred to the deceased sister and grandmother of CP Mathilde, jonkvrouwe Alix d'Udekem d'Acoz and Princess Sofia Sapieha-Kodenska. The two of them died in a carcrash, two years before Mathilde's marriage. Mathilde's mother Countess Anna Komorowska also got emotional, which is quite understandable of course.

Mathilde is a graceful lady, and is beautiful of course, but I do not like her gown at all~~

What a nice couple she is going 2 be a fantastic Queen for beligum.
they are a couple that are made for each other i really love them

It's been eight years and four days since their wedding day and the Royals blog has complied some lovely photos of the couple. Click here to view.

I love Mathilde's wedding dress, it has always been one of my favorites.
They looked so happy and in love on their wedding day. :wub:

Back
Top Bottom