Prince Maximilian von und zu Liechtenstein & Angela Brown 2000

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mybags

Courtier
City
San Diego
Country
United States
www.ibl.se

January 29, 2000, New York

Wedding of Prince Maximilian von and zu Liechtenstein and Angela Brown

3. standing left to right: Hereditary Princess Sophie, Prince Constantin, Princess Angela, Prince Maximilian, Princess Maria, Hereditary Prince Alois

Attachments

• 736791_01.jpg
    736791_01.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 10,012
  • 684020_02_MASS.jpg
    684020_02_MASS.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 17,173
  • 684020_04_GROUP_POSING.jpg
    684020_04_GROUP_POSING.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 13,267
Last edited by a moderator:
Does Angela Brown have an offical title? I've only heard her refered to as "Angela Brown"

raven

Yes...She does have an official title.

It is:

Her Serene Highness Princess Angela von and zu Liechtenstein, Countess zu Rietberg

dont know if anyone's going to see this...seeing that the last post was almost from a year ago...but my question is, which county is prince maximilian from?

Liechtenstein. Max is a younger son of the reigning prince Hans Adam.

I didn't realize there was a topic on these two. You don't hear or read much about them. I guess the prefer to lead private lives. I still can't believe the press doesn't stalk them like they do everyone else.

mybags said:
January 29, 2000, New York

Wedding of Prince Maximilian von and zu Liechtenstein and Angela Brown

www.ibl.se

Isn't it unusual that a royal doesn't marry in their country? Why didn't they get married in Liechtenstein?

marezdote said:
Isn't it unusual that a royal doesn't marry in their country? Why didn't they get married in Liechtenstein?

Good question...I never thought about that. I was thinking a few things, but nah...I won't speculate.

There was a civil ceremony in Vaduz, Liechtenstein, a few days before the New York wedding. It's not at all uncommon for the members of the Liechtenstein princely family to marry outside of Liechtenstein. Max's brother, Constantin, married in a civil ceremony in Vaduz and had his religious ceremony in Slovakia. Prince Alexander, the son of Prince Philipp and Princess Isabelle (Max's aunt and uncle), married in a civil ceremony in Vaduz and a religious ceremony in Salzburg.

I know this is speculation, too, but the explanation could simply be that her family couldn't all get to Liechtenstein for the ceremony.

Yes, that could have been it...could have been several things. Who knows.

Last edited:
A few more pictures.

Attachments

• Max & Angela 01.jpg
    Max & Angela 01.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 5,969
  • Max & Angela 02.jpg
    Max & Angela 02.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 9,800
  • Max & Angela 03.jpg
    Max & Angela 03.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 6,548
  • Max & Angela 04.jpg
    Max & Angela 04.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 6,483
  • Max & Angela 05.jpg
    Max & Angela 05.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3,970
Don't they reside in NY? Maybe they wanted their friends there. Did her family come from Panama? NY would be the half way point btwn Panama and Liechtenstein.

I'm not fond ot the dress on her. I don't think she looks her best on her wedding day. The photo of her and her husband in everyday clothing she looks stunning.

From my records, Prince Maximilian and his wife for a time lived in London, where their son, Alfons, was born. He later worked for Industri Kapital in Hamburg, Germany. Prince Max and his family now reside in Munich where the Prince works for JP Morgan Partners.

As far as living in New York, I think you may be referring to Prince Constantin, Max's brother, who resides in the USA and works as a financier.

I wonder if they plan to have any more children?

It would be wonderful if they did. They are a truely wondeful Couple, who emphasise the point that the heart remains true for eternity.

Meaning that their love for each other is pure and timeless. :)

sommone said:
I wonder if they plan to have any more children?

Roshanah said:
It would be wonderful if they did. They are a truely wondeful Couple, who emphasise the point that the heart remains true for eternity.

Meaning that their love for each other is pure and timeless. :)

I agree, they are a wonderful couple...One of my favorites.

both have children after wedding?

Sara Boyce

yes they have one son-Alfons
I will post a picture later

From seegerpress.de

Attachments

• Pa.jpg
    Pa.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 3,172
  • PA11.jpg
    PA11.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,911
  • PA18.jpg
    PA18.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 17,786
they seem a great couple, and an interesting one at that!

I'm convinced that Max, coming from the rarified background that he did, had quite some hurdles to overcome to be able to (or read: be allowed) marry someone so onorthodox shall we say, as Angela. But what a great choice she is. Kudo's to Max for truly following his heart.

I actually quite liked her wedding gown by the way. (Didn't she even design it herself? She is in the fashion business after all.) Thought it was simple and classy...I'm a sucker for boatneck anything, so...:)

I believe that she did design and created her dress. I recall reading that the timeframe between the proposal and wedding was a matter of a couple of months.

princess olga said:
they seem a great couple, and an interesting one at that!

I'm convinced that Max, coming from the rarified background that he did, had quite some hurdles to overcome to be able to (or read: be allowed) marry someone so onorthodox shall we say, as Angela. But what a great choice she is. Kudo's to Max for truly following his heart.

I actually quite liked her wedding gown by the way. (Didn't she even design it herself? She is in the fashion business after all.) Thought it was simple and classy...I'm a sucker for boatneck anything, so...:)

The only thing that is different about Angela is that she is a woman of colour. Other than that, at the time of their proposal Angela was independent, well-employed, well-educated, sophisticated and intelligent. Seems to me that she was basically a good match for Max.

ANgela is perfect for her role. Discreet, humble, loyal, beautiful, etc. She is definitely someone I look up to.:)

As Angela was born in 1958 more children might be a bit difficult.

Reina said:
ANgela is perfect for her role. Discreet, humble, loyal, beautiful, etc. She is definitely someone I look up to.:)

You know I myself look up to her as well, because of the fact that she is 100% black, a woman with color in the royal circle. I wish I could see more colored people especially of different nationalities marrying into a royal family, but only if those two people really love one another honestly.

Netty said:
As Angela was born in 1958 more children might be a bit difficult.

Maybe 30 or 40 years ago, but today it's women older than Angela having children, or at least adding to the ones they have. I didn't know she was that much older though. There's always a chance she could have another, but then that would be up to them.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom