Prince Maximilian von und zu Liechtenstein & Angela Brown 2000

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It could be a choice that they do not have anymore children.

Isabel wrote: "The only thing that is different about Angela is that she is a woman of colour. Other than that, at the time of their proposal Angela was independent, well-employed, well-educated, sophisticated and intelligent. Seems to me that she was basically a good match for Max."

I never said she was <not> a good match to max. On the contrary, I admire her a lot, if not in the first place for her sweet/discreet-seeming demeanor and imho great style.

I called her 'onorthodox' because, let's face it, it's not par for the course that members of Europe's age-old houses of royalty choose a partner from a different race. you might or might not realize, but when it comes down to it, most royal families would prefer that their offspring marries those of 'equal standing' , meaning good-old boring, 'blue-blooded' caucasian types like themselves. That's all I'm saying: it's merely an observation, not a judgement call.

you might or might not realize, but when it comes down to it, most royal families would prefer that their offspring marries those of 'equal standing' , meaning good-old boring, 'blue-blooded' caucasian types like themselves. That's all I'm saying: it's merely an observation, not a judgement call.

I understand that quite well, Princess Olga. Thanks for the tip, but it's not really needed. I caught that from your "unconventional" quote. The bottom line is that regardless of Angela's race, she was certainly a good catch.

The bride's wedding dress is Oscar de la Renta.

Alisa said:

Really?! I thought I read that she had designed it herself. Do we really know since we know so little of them?

Has anyone ever seen Princess Angela's wedding ring? I've been dying to see a close up of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabel said:
I understand that quite well, Princess Olga. Thanks for the tip, but it's not really needed. I caught that from your "unconventional" quote. The bottom line is that regardless of Angela's race, she was certainly a good catch.

well, she is also much older than he..about 10 years older? They are in anyway, unconventional.

I am a woman of color myself and I understand Princess Olga 's point. TEN YEARS OLDER? I had no idea she was that much older than Prince Maximilian!

Alisa said:
What?? I was always under the impression that the bride herself designed that exquisite gown! Angela's a fashion designer by profession, so I thought it'd figure if she'd designed it herself! Whoever was responsible though, it's one of the best ones out there!:flowers:

I am an american, this is the first I have heard of Maximlian and Angela Brown.
She is a good looking lady, surprised she is 10 years older than her husband.
How did they meet?

I can't remember, but I think I read at the official royal website that the two have known each other for years in New York through mutual friends ( I think they met at a party ) before they began seeing each other.

I've always read she designed her own dress. The latest photo I've seen of her was when she and Maximillian attended the wedding of CP Mathilde of Belguim's sister. I don't recall her sister's name but it was in June of this year.

Are the photos of the couple on this Fourm attending the wedding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the "Old, New, Royal, and Blue" forum and look up Elisabeth D'Udekem D'Acoz's (sister of CP Matilde of Belgum) wedding to Alfonso Pallavicini on July 22,2006. I think it's on Page 3 or 4.

Yeah I forgot that about that one. Thanks Sassy.

any photo of their son?

Ashelen, you can find photos of the family, including their son, in [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f73/prince-maximilian-princess-angela-2-may-2007-a-12604.html"]this[/URL] topic and perhaps in the latter part of [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f73/prince-maximilian-princess-angela-1-july-2005-may-2007-a-6655.html"]this [/URL]topic.

Finally, in the Princely House of Liechtenstein sub-forum there are several topics covering various family events where Maxmillian, Angela, and their son were in attendance.

Last edited:
Ashelen, you can find photos of the family, including their son, in [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f73/prince-maximilian-princess-angela-2-may-2007-a-12604.html"]this[/URL] topic and perhaps in the latter part of [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f73/prince-maximilian-princess-angela-1-july-2005-may-2007-a-6655.html"]this [/URL]topic.

Finally, in the Princely House of Liechtenstein sub-forum there are several topics covering various family events where Maxmillian, Angela, and their son were in attendance.
thank you so much!

Liechtensteins are the richest royal family in Europe, richer even than Queen Elizabeth II. They do not receive allowances from the state. So this black woman married a super rich european prince, 10 years younger than her. And according to the photos, he adores her, too. She has a nice personality. It seems she was born in Panama, but grew up, studied, worked, in N.Y., as a fashion designer. She was a sophisticated lady. It truly seems a match made in heaven. :flowers:

Liechtensteins are the richest royal family in Europe, richer even than Queen Elizabeth II. They do not receive allowances from the state. So this black woman married a super rich european prince, 10 years younger than her. And according to the photos, he adores her, too. She has a nice personality. It seems she was born in Panama, but grew up, studied, worked, in N.Y., as a fashion designer. She was a sophisticated lady. It truly seems a match made in heaven. :flowers:
I totally agre with you! I just think it's pitty that they met maybe a little "late" on her life, on the purely "biological" side of things. That of course imagining that they would like to have more kids. Maybe they just decided not to have more. But, considering that she was born in 1958, and they married in 2000 (wasn't it?) when she was almost 42, they didn't have time left for many kids. Someone said, previously on this thread, that nowadays women can have kids later in their life, and this is absolutely true. But, as a doctor, and a 41 yo woman madly in love with the idea of having a second child, I say I'll not try much longer: the risks of genetic problems for pregnancies after 43-44 yo are too big for running the risk. Specially when one already has a cute pie like Alfons (who looks like my son Henrique :wub: )

Now I am really confused about the wedding dress of Princess Angela. I have read conflicting reports on the net in reference to the designer of her dress. Some reports are its an Oscar de la Renta and others say she designed the dress herself. :ermm:

Dear members of the forum:

How old is the son of the couple of the Prince Max and Miss Brown? Do you know the birthdate of him? any picture?

Thank you.

I found the date: Alfons Constantin Maria, Prinz von und zu Liechtenstein

* Greater London, London 18.05.2001

But I can't find his picture.

Greetings.

You know I myself look up to her as well, because of the fact that she is 100% black, a woman with color in the royal circle. I wish I could see more colored people especially of different nationalities marrying into a royal family, but only if those two people really love one another honestly.

I'm not "100%" white, but my mixin' came long, long ago. My father's ancestors arrived in central Europe from Mongolia.

As Princess Angela is of Panamanian stock, I doubt that she is "100%" anything either. Central and South America have been melting pots, too, since Columbian times.

No matter what her origins, she is lovely and, I hope, very happy with her Prince.

I do not love her wedding gown. I don't think it's very memorable. However, the gown was simple yet elegant nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom