Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Antony: September 29, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I understand completely where BeatrixFan is coming from: stuff like this (extra-marital kids, first, wedding second) only helps to further dilute the concept of monarchy in the very eyes of the people financing the whole thing: us street folks. If these 'royals' can't behave like the role models we want them to be, expect them to be, how relevant <is> royalty then? OTOH, you could also argue that it makes sense for royals to go and adapt with the times, or else. so it's a fine line these people have to walk: should they be the pictures of virtue and live their lives like a goody two shoes or should they do what 'le peuple' is regarding as normal? Fine line, indeed, because there just isn't an unanimous opinion on this, as this thread proves.

As for the wedding itself, I on some level almost think: thank goodness for that extra-marital child being present at the festivities! Why? Because otherwise, it would have been an utterly boring (to me, the outsider), event.

As for the bride, I used to like strapless gowns way before they became ubiqouitous. Now that they are, I find them, well, boring. Everyone's wearing them, here's another bride in one, yawn. Her veil is interesting though in the trim but that's it.

The wedding seems as boring as Luxemburg the country: totally uneventful which is why I'm kindof thankful on some level that there is this controversy over the out-of-wedlock-born kid.

PPE Agency

29-09-2006 Gilsdorf Tessy Antony (L) Prince Louis of Luxembourg (C) with their son Gabriel (R) after their wedding at Gilsdorf Church and Jean, Henri and Maria Teresa

I've been through this thread and deleted some of the worst of the arguing as well as deleting or editing the posts that were straying into general religious discussions. Please let's keep the temperature level down from now on and remember that other people are entitled to hold and express opinions that may differ from yours.

Elspeth

Old New Royal and Blue moderator

Last edited:
RachelD said:
P.S.
I like her outfit for the civil ceremony but I think she should have worn skin toned stockings...the one's she's wearing look white...are they white?

I think they are white stockings; and I agree that nude-coloured stockings would've looked nicer. The suit for the civil service is lovely (I prefer it to her wedding dress). It's fun and simple and appropriately young ... And in this (http://img43.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc554ℑ=62852_IMG_3332_122_554lo.jpg&page=10&track_id=1159581747) picture you realize how really young they are.

Tessy reminds me of a cross between Britney Spears (in her early, fresh-faced years) and Beverly Mitchell, the actress who plays Lucy on Seventh Heaven.

Many happy wishes to the newly married couple.
I like her dress & her veil. Their son is so cute- what a face. I love his little outfit :wub:.

To me the best dressed one was Gabriel!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gabriel is such a little cutie :wub:

I like the dress and veil too. Tessy looked beautiful.

I'm so sad Tessy didn't wear a tiara:cry: one of Maria Tereasa's would have looked very pretty on her. It looked like a beautiful wedding, congrats to the couple and Gabriel is soooo cute! The only thing I didn't like was Tessy's gloves.

princess olga said:
I think I understand completely where BeatrixFan is coming from: stuff like this (extra-marital kids, first, wedding second) only helps to further dilute the concept of monarchy in the very eyes of the people financing the whole thing: us street folks. If these 'royals' can't behave like the role models we want them to be, expect them to be, how relevant <is> royalty then? OTOH, you could also argue that it makes sense for royals to go and adapt with the times, or else. so it's a fine line these people have to walk: should they be the pictures of virtue and live their lives like a goody two shoes or should they do what 'le peuple' is regarding as normal? Fine line, indeed, because there just isn't an unanimous opinion on this, as this thread proves.

As for the wedding itself, I on some level almost think: thank goodness for that extra-marital child being present at the festivities! Why? Because otherwise, it would have been an utterly boring (to me, the outsider), event.

As for the bride, I used to like strapless gowns way before they became ubiqouitous. Now that they are, I find them, well, boring. Everyone's wearing them, here's another bride in one, yawn. Her veil is interesting though in the trim but that's it.

The wedding seems as boring as Luxemburg the country: totally uneventful which is why I'm kindof thankful on some level that there is this controversy over the out-of-wedlock-born kid.
I think we need to remember that we didn't expect to see any coverage of the wedding. They didn't have to share their wedding with us, so we should enjoy the coverage we did get. :)

Tessy looks nice on strapless gowns but i would agree with posts she would have tiara on from new in-laws but dont worry about that.

GrandDuchess M-T looks nice on gray dress and head bands its so wonderful of her but the GD M-T would good care of Gabriel when Louis and Tessy on honeymoon because M-T is wonderful grandmother

Thanks everybody for the pics!:flowers:

Wort.lu is impressive as usual! :wub:

I love Tessy's wedding dress, really beautiful.
Baby Gabriel looks so adorable in the pictures that I have seen so far.
P.P.E

1. Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein's (Aunt of groom) children [ (middle?) Princess Maria-Annunciata of Liechtenstein, Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein and (r) Prince Josef-Emanuel of Liechtenstein]
2. Archduchess Marie-Astrid's (Aunt of groom) children [r. Archduke Imre, l. Archduke Christoph, m.left. Archduchess Marie Christine and m.right. Archduchess Gabriella]
3. Prince Guillaime and Sibilla

Last edited:
question:
is the following picture tessy's mum?
P.P.E

The Belgian broadcaster VTM covered the wedding in their evening news. Follow this link, go to Vrijdag 29/09, 19u the clip starts at 15:35 min run time.
They annotated the absence of the Belgian royals. I don´t think this marriage is considered as a problem by the Belgians. Don’t know if King Albert’s presence is necessary since it was rather low key, but it would have been nice to see Amedeo and Maria Laura showing up.

BTW If I’m not completely mistaken, Tessy is wearing a Pronovias dress (collection 2006, model Jazmin). Not cheap but definitively no haute couture and thus affordable for “ordinary mortals”. I guess her parents bought this dress for their daughter. I´m pleasantly surprised…

johann said:
The Belgian broadcaster VTM covered the wedding in their evening news. Follow this link, go to Vrijdag 29/09, 19u the clip starts at 15:35 min run time.
They annotated the absence of the Belgian royals. I don´t think this marriage is considered as a problem by the Belgians. Don’t know if King Albert’s presence is necessary since it was rather low key, but it would have been nice to see Amedeo and Maria Laura showing up.

BTW If I’m not completely mistaken, Tessy is wearing a Pronovias dress (collection 2006, model Jazmin). Not cheap but definitively no haute couture and thus affordable for “ordinary mortals”. I guess her parents bought this dress for their daughter. I´m pleasantly surprised…

that's really the worst report they could have made, trying to portray everything in a negative way...

johann said:
You are right it is a Pronovias, good catch:flowers:

source http://www.brautmoden-karben.de/jazmin.html and EPA

Hannelore said:
that's really the worst report they could have made, trying to portray everything in a negative way...
Well, they remain true to their principles...;)

lovely pix, lovely family, great dress ! They are very likeable

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but:

Did Tessy keep her surname Anthony?
She didn't get any titel, did she ?
And what about little Gabriel? Is he a "prince" as it is written in many Photo Agencys?

Tessys Name is Madamme Tessy of Nassau... dont know about Gabriel

mims111 said:
Tessys Name is Madamme Tessy of Nassau... dont know about Gabriel

I believe it is Gabriel de Nassau. No title anyway, but maybe that will come later. The children of Prince Jean did not have a title when they were born. GD Jean made them Counts of Nassau later in life. I don't believe they ever elevated Helene in rank, so tessy will probably just stay mrs. de Nassau to.

-
A pity that Prince Jean or his children did not attend. But nice to see the Liechtenstein- and Habsburg cousins (the blonde Archduke reminds me of the character where Harry Potter is always fighting with in his movie :lol: )

In response to some previous post I just want to say that I don't think most brides are virgins but when you have already been married (even in a civil ceremony) or have a child it just looks silly wearing a full wedding dress, veil etc. Something like Camilla's dress when she married Charles looks much better IMO. I'm only 30 myself and had a white wedding but I would never do it again if I divorced and would have done it low key had I had a child before I was married and I'm not even Royalty who are expected to set an example.

Last edited:
Constantin Nassau, older son pf prince jean , were there with his mother Helene Vestur.You could see them in the cortege

Marengo said:
I believe it is Gabriel de Nassau. No title anyway, but maybe that will come later. The children of Prince Jean did not have a title when they were born. GD Jean made them Counts of Nassau later in life. I don't believe they ever elevated Helene in rank, so tessy will probably just stay mrs. de Nassau to.

-
A pity that Prince Jean or his children did not attend. But nice to see the Liechtenstein- and Habsburg cousins (the blonde Archduke reminds me of the character where Harry Potter is always fighting with in his movie :lol: )

Hélène Vestur was made countess de Nassau.

Back
Top Bottom