Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Antony: September 29, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know if Louis and Tessy will go on a honeymoon? And where to?

HRHAmy said:
Does anyone know if Louis and Tessy will go on a honeymoon? And where to?

Yes, I also want to know this....
What is the official language of Luxembourge? (Please forgive my ignorance!:flowers: )

There are 3: German, French, and Letzebergish (a spelling somehow like that).

I am suprised that Tessy isn't wearing a tiara! Does anybody know why she isn't wearing a tiara from the Luxumbourg Royal Jewels?

Good cuestion Miss Ally.... becose Sibilla don´t wears a tiara too in her wedding with Prince Guillaume...

Marengo said:
I believe it is Gabriel de Nassau. No title anyway, but maybe that will come later. The children of Prince Jean did not have a title when they were born. GD Jean made them Counts of Nassau later in life. I don't believe they ever elevated Helene in rank, so tessy will probably just stay mrs. de Nassau to.

-
A pity that Prince Jean or his children did not attend. But nice to see the Liechtenstein- and Habsburg cousins (the blonde Archduke reminds me of the character where Harry Potter is always fighting with in his movie :lol: )
Why is that actually? GD Henri married a commoner, yet she's been accorded a title. and so have his children.

The reason for little Gabriel not having title right now is that his parents marriage is considered morganistic. Prince Louis and Tessy had baby before marriage, and even if they married all children from this marriage don't have right to the title unless grand duke decides otherwise. Aristocracy has its own rules and usually by tradition children out of wedlock didn't have title. But in some countries parents subsequent marriage makes children legitimate, but in some countries like Luxembourg, special decree of the monarch is necessary.

All the daughters of Grand Duke Jean and the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore a tiara to their wedding, as did Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. Actually, they all wore the same tiara, which, if I remember my royal jewels correctly, was given to Josephine Charlotte by the nation of Belgium on the occasion of her wedding. This tiara was also one of the ones that would have been included in that sale if the JC jewelry sale had happened.

From what I can remember, all the other Luxembourgish royal brides have worn tiaras. Sybilla just decided not to wear one, I don't remember why. Tessy did not wear one because she was not marrying into the royal family- Louis still carries the styling as a mere formality.

Last edited:
Why 'Tessy Antony'?

She is Madame Tessy de Nassau since her marriage.

Other threads also so not start with Mary Donaldson, Letizia Ortiz or Máxima Zorreguieta?

:flowers:

She is Madame Tessy de Nassau since her marriage.

Other threads also so not start with Mary Donaldson, Letizia Ortiz or Máxima Zorreguieta?

:flowers:

For wedding threads, they usually list the groom and the bride's maiden name (the names and titles they had at the time of their wedding), such as Felipe, Prince of Asturias & Letizia Ortiz, May 22nd, 2004, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima Zorreguita 2-2-2002, Princess Elizabeth and Lt. Philip Mountbatten 1947, etc. (although there are a few exceptions to the rule)

In other threads about them, they are listed as "Louis, Tessy and Family"

All the daughters of Grand Duke Jean and the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore a tiara to their wedding, as did Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. Actually, they all wore the same tiara, which, if I remember my royal jewels correctly, was given to Josephine Charlotte by the nation of Belgium on the occasion of her wedding. This tiara was also one of the ones that would have been included in that sale if the JC jewelry sale had happened.

From what I can remember, all the other Luxembourgish royal brides have worn tiaras. Sybilla just decided not to wear one, I don't remember why. Tessy did not wear one because she was not marrying into the royal family- Louis still carries the title as a mere formality.

They wore all the Congo-Necklace Tiara. Josephine-Charlote wore this Tiara for the Ceremony in Church and for the official photos the belgian Tiara. But have been included in the canceled Auction .
Hélène Vestur also didn't wore a Tiara.
I think it has something to do with the fact that Louis renounced his sucession rights and that Tessy did not become a Princess that she didn't wore a Tiara on her Wedding-Day.

I don't think the Lux royals wear the Congo-Necklace Tiara often. Will Tessy and Louis have two children before they celebrate one year of marriage?

So young couple they are! Best wishes for them, anyway^_^

That was so sweet of him, although what on earth is up with his hair? Why it it blonde on top? New Luxembourgish fashion statement?

Prince Sébastian has a natural patch of white in his hair. He has always had this and obviously feels no need to try and camouflage it. This is simply how his hair is and has always been it's not a fashion statement of any kind. It is called Poliosis when this patch of white/blond hair occurs in otherwise pigmented hair, irregardless of cause. It is caused by numerous things most notably various hereditary disorders.

A good reminder

Yes, she knows. On serving as a nurse in a UN military unit in a dangerous region where quite some UN-dsoldiers have already died for their duty towards freedom and peace - the Kosovo. In a place like that, in a situation like that many things can happen. Even a not so innocent love affair with a somewhat stupid and unnecessary outcome for both parties.

But normally it takes two to get pregnant - and she accepted that she would not be married before her baby was born, maybe not be married at all and did not make a fuss about it on talking to the press, painting her new in-laws in a negative way.

If there had been any kind of pressure on prince Louis from Tessy's side, I guess it would have happened before the baby was born. She certainly would have gotten her share of their money, but not a ring on her finger.

Yes, you can assume that she held out for the greater prize but so far nothing in either her past or her behaviour has hinted at a lack of integrity. So only time will tell what comes out of this marriage. IMHO. :flowers:

I like Jo of Palatine's perspective. Thanks for reminding us that, in all aspects of life, character and integrity matter most.

The wedding happened three years ago. Recent posts moralising about it have been removed.

Warren
TRF Administrator

Her wedding dress was very unoriginal.She looked like any other bride!I also did'nt like her hair.

I, too, was unimpressed with Tessy's bridal look. I realize this is primarily speculation, but there were most likely elements of the planning that were not 'easy' to settle a 'vibe' on. Yes she was marrying a prince, but parts of their relationship have been outside the 'norm' for royals today. So, although her look could still have been tweeked, perhaps she wanted to appear like, to be, a normal girl getting married rather than look as though she were trying to be a 'traditional' royal bride. I hope I'm making sense!

Five years today ! And a wonderful family (when the little girl to complete their family ???)

I didn't realize her veil was curved and edged.

The bouquet for the civil ceremony looks nice but I don't like the shoes she wore!

I thought the simplicity of the bridal attire was appropriate for a young girl, and she is a radiantly young bride compared to many these days. And other royals have lived together for lo-these-many-years before marrying...and possibly Louis is the only one she's loved, which makes her more virginal than many.

When I married my second husband (the Real Thing) I wore off white with blue accessories. Why? Obviously I was not a virgin as I had a seven year old child. I wore white, I think, because white is a great color with my coloring and because I was starting something NEW. My second hubby was the love of my life and boy was that new, to have so much love and caring in my life, and my husband adopted my son.
We had 40 years together, the best thing that every happened to me in a life of struggle and confusion. He rescued me, my prince charming. And he looked a lot like HGD Guillaume, only a little older.

I thought the simplicity of the bridal attire was appropriate for a young girl, and she is a radiantly young bride compared to many these days. And other royals have lived together for lo-these-many-years before marrying...and possibly Louis is the only one she's loved, which makes her more virginal than many.

When I married my second husband (the Real Thing) I wore off white with blue accessories. Why? Obviously I was not a virgin as I had a seven year old child. I wore white, I think, because white is a great color with my coloring and because I was starting something NEW. My second hubby was the love of my life and boy was that new, to have so much love and caring in my life, and my husband adopted my son.
We had 40 years together, the best thing that every happened to me in a life of struggle and confusion. He rescued me, my prince charming. And he looked a lot like HGD Guillaume, only a little older.
I LOVE reading that, thanks for sharing....:flowers:

Her wedding dress wan´t very original, but she looked very beautiful and happy

Five years today ! And a wonderful family (when the little girl to complete their family ???)

I didn't realise you could select the sex of a child on demand, and how can you presume that she wants another child anyway? I have two boys and very much consider myself to have a "complete" family.

Back
Top Bottom