Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Antony: September 29, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will she be "Princess Tessy" now? :p

Do you think that she'll recive with little Gabriel any (higher) title? Like it was with Prince Jean's family?

Last edited:
magnik said:
Do you think that she'll recive with little Gabriel any (higher) title? Like it was with Prince Jean's family?

Perhaps in the future Tessy will receive a title but as of right now she doesn't have one. I have a feeling Gabriel will be given some sort of title in the future.

Does anyone know why Princess Alexandra didn't wear a hat or a headpiece? It seems like all the other ladies did. I know she's young but I would think for her brother's wedding there would have been a hat or headpiece of some sort.

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
Does anyone know why Princess Alexandra didn't wear a hat or a headpiece? It seems like all the other ladies did. I know she's young but I would think for her brother's wedding there would have been a hat or headpiece of some sort.

My guess is she didn't want to.

Will Tessy assume the title the Princess Louis like in other countries upon marrying a prince. Or was she given a title at her wedding?

Does Tessy would gain a title after marrying Prince Louis?..She's supposed to be a Princess after marrying a prince right?..or would remain a commoner?..how about their son little Gabriel?..Does he have title now that his parents are officially married?..

Mahoogie said:
Does Tessy would gain a title after marrying Prince Louis?..She's supposed to be a Princess after marrying a prince right?..or would remain a commoner?..how about their son little Gabriel?..Does he have title now that his parents are officially married?..

We should waite and see maybe in the future Tessy and Gabriel will or wouldn't recive any titles.

I don't know what the Constitution say about that but, I think that:
if it would be "normal sistuation" (first wedding and after that children) she would probably recive a courtsey title of Princess Louis/Tessy of Luxembourg, if the Grand Duke wouldn't give her a title in her own right (f.ex. Mathilde or Maxima).

But at the moment Tessy and Gabriel and any of the couple's future children hold the surname de Nassau with no title. Tessy is now know as Madame Tessy de Nassau and Gabriel - Gabriel Michel Louis Ronny de Nassau.

On Lux http://www.wort.lu/articles/5762139.html

Last edited:
Are there any official pictures. What about the ones of sebastien carrying gabriel i can't see that video:sad:

These are adorable pictures!

From royalpress.nl (the website first posted by elenaris~thank you!)

lxIMG_0053.jpg

lxIMG_0068b.jpg

lxIMG_0097.jpg

lxIMG_9916.jpg

I watched the coverage on RTL Letzeburg
(thanks for posting the link) and thought that two things showed how somehow strange this wedding was: both the commentators did not know the first names of the parents and appeared rather insecure when it cames to this family, saying things after several pauses like "de Mama" Antony and "de Herr" Antony, it sounded, well strange.

Then the looks the parents of Tessy gave each other and the Grand Ducal family. They obviously were not happy at all and they definately had no rapport with the august personalities surrounding them. Hmmm...

After looking at all the pictures I have to say that Luis didn't look overjoyed, really. I wonder whether this was some sort of after-the-event shotgun wedding. We'll see how this turns out - I'm not optimistic, though.

Smilla said:
After looking at all the pictures I have to say that Luis didn't look overjoyed, really. I wonder whether this was some sort of after-the-event shotgun wedding. We'll see how this turns out - I'm not optimistic, though.

Well, IMHO you could see in the TV coverage that he definately was happy as was his new wife. The way they touched and shared looks and how they both shared smiles and laughed was beautiful to see. In addition his family seemed to be at ease with the situation, while hers was not. That was a truly striking contrast for me.

I thought Tessy and Louis both looked very happy and loving. It is obvious how much love the grandparents have for the Gabriel. The whole family seems captivated with him.

Boy

That boy is very lovely... but his parents are sooo young.... they look happy. I like them!

Lisanne said:
That boy is very lovely... but his parents are sooo young.... they look happy. I like them!

Emperor Franz Joseph I. was only 18 when he ascended the throne of his uncle after Ferdinand I. abdicated in Franz Joseph's favour. In addition, Ferdinand needed to declare his nephew an adult before he abdicated - so I don't think that marrying at age 19/20 is too young. Alexander the Great was as old as prince Louis is now when he became king and only three years later he had already conquered Persia. On a more personal note: I met my late husband when I was 19 and I was 20 when we started to live together, even though we married only later on. We were happy for close to 20 years till death did us part, so I have no problem imagining that Tessy and Louis can be happy as well till death does part them.

Jo of Palatine said:
Then the looks the parents of Tessy gave each other and the Grand Ducal family. They obviously were not happy at all and they definately had no rapport with the august personalities surrounding them. Hmmm...

I agree, but, who knows what the reason was. Perhaps they are just camera shy. The royal family is used to this kind of public photo call and Tessy's family isn't. Maybe they are upset that Tessy isn't getting a title, or, as another poster said, Tessy's father is a Repulican, so maybe marrying into the royal family at all doesn't sit well with him. Hopefully, with the LRF so firmly on their side, they can win her family over in time.

I would hazard a guess that Tessy's family is definitely uncomfortable with all the media attention. In addition, Tessy is now moving to Swizterland with her husband and son..so I am sure they were thinking about the day after the wedding..when they will no longer see their daughter and grandson on a daily basis. Or at least they will not longer be close by.

Jo of Palatine said:
Emperor Franz Joseph I. was only 18 when he ascended the throne of his uncle after Ferdinand I. abdicated in Franz Joseph's favour. In addition, Ferdinand needed to declare his nephew an adult before he abdicated - so I don't think that marrying at age 19/20 is too young. Alexander the Great was as old as prince Louis is now when he became king and only three years later he had already conquered Persia. On a more personal note: I met my late husband when I was 19 and I was 20 when we started to live together, even though we married only later on. We were happy for close to 20 years till death did us part, so I have no problem imagining that Tessy and Louis can be happy as well till death does part them.

You are very lucky to find the lasting love everyone dreams about early in life. It's a very rare thing to find.

In the examples of Franz Joseph and especially Alexander the Great, the reason why people went through life quicker is because their life expectancies are not as high as we have now. When your life expectancy is between 40 and 50, you better haul butt and do whatever you wanted to get done because you may not live long enough to fullfill them all!

However, most marriages that start early don't last very long these days. That's just the trend. A lot of young people rush into marriage thinking that happily-ever-after starts. They don't realize that to make a marriage work, it will take more than love and passion. Unfortunately, I know a lot of people that had kids first, got married, and it didn't last. Personally, I think that if I got pregnant out of wedlock, I would wait quite a long time before I even consider marrying the father of my child. Because if I rush through it, I could be making a complicated situation even more complicated by adding marriage to the mix. IMHO, having children together is not reason enough to get married.

RachelD said:
These are adorable pictures!

From royalpress.nl (the website first posted by elenaris~thank you!)
Yes they are. I love the way Grand Ducal Family treat Gabriel. It seemed that they love him so much. He's a cute baby boy.

Don't you think that, after a few years, she will be given a title as well as their son ?

Elspeth said:
Strapless dresses seem to be the fashion these days. There's global warming for you.;)

LOL!!! Anyway congratulation to the happy couple - i hope it lasts. Gabriel looked wonderful what a sweet baby. The couple looked radiant and i LOVED THE suit that the Grand Duchess wore!!!!
586.gif

lovesigh.gif

Jo of Palatine said:
Well, IMHO you could see in the TV coverage that he definately was happy as was his new wife. The way they touched and shared looks and how they both shared smiles and laughed was beautiful to see. In addition his family seemed to be at ease with the situation, while hers was not. That was a truly striking contrast for me.
Maybe it was just that Tessy's family is not used to being in front of the spotlight while the Grand Ducal Family is. Tessy will have it well financially for the rest of her life, regardless of what profesion she chooses or path she takes-so I don't think that her family should be concerned.

Back
Top Bottom