And what a cute little boy Gabriel is!!
Love his jacket...

Old 09-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
Maria-Theresa looks beautiful!
I love her outfit!
What surprised me was that the bride wore a strapless dress...I thought it was considered disrespectful to have bare shoulders and arms in church...?
But she still looked great! I loved her bouquet.
Somewhere someone had said that Louis can no longer inherit the dukedom, is this true? Is that why Tessy will not be given a title? I'm confused!
If you look in the first pictures, she had on opera length gloves. I had this discussion with the priest who married me in the cathedral, and he said that as long as the dress was tasteful and I was gloved, it was fine. I would have work gloves any way, but there you go.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

Johann, again thank you for these pictures. I am curious if you think other agencies will post larger ones as I would love to see close ups of her family. Does anyone know what Tessy's family of origin situation is? I recall one brother being a godparent at the christening -- does she have other siblings? Are her parents in a long term marriage? Just curious.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Wort.lu has a large picture gallery with 43 pics (even pics from the civil ceremony and from inside the church) click here
Old 09-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Great photos. I love Tessy's dress, as well as her outfit for the civil ceremony. Nice to see Gabriel included in the ceremony. The Grand Duchess looks wonderful and the pictures of her and Gabriel are so sweet. I love the pictures of Louis, Tessy, and Gabriel!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Commoner

i know the subject is getting tiring but Clotilde (Italy) married whilst pregnant, and i believe she wore white. the point is these two brides were beautiful and happy.

onto the civil ceremony, i love! the outfit she chose, it looks very nice on her and the color is pretty too
Old 09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Thank you Princess BellyFlop and Empress for your answers!
I was just wondering, that's all.
I'm just glad that these two really love each other and their adorable baby and plan to be happy for years to come. She could have worn a sack but nothing could have covered up the love and happiness in her eyes (or Louis for that matter). I wish them true happiness and love for the years to come.

P.S.
I like her outfit for the civil ceremony but I think she should have worn skin toned stockings...the one's she's wearing look white...are they white? Also, wow, she is very thin. I'm not criticizing, just stating a fact.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

This is non-related really, but looking the photos I noticed the GD Henri has aged lately; his posture looks a bit bent and he also seems to have gained some weight. All the mayhem around him must be taxing.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
Great photos. I love Tessy's dress, as well as her outfit for the civil ceremony. Nice to see Gabriel included in the ceremony. The Grand Duchess looks wonderful and the pictures of her and Gabriel are so sweet. I love the pictures of Louis, Tessy, and Gabriel!

Completely agree.

Thanks to Danielane I saw the live transmission and I was thinking that they were so young but managed things in a fresh but very dignifying way.

When leaving Church they were touching themselves and Tessy didn't know when the kiss was supoosed to happen... it was great! They look young but, surprisingly for me, Prince Louis looked more mature than I thought he would be. In one moment looked like people were asking for another kiss and he was laughing with such happy expression in his eyes.

And seeing Grand Duchess leaving Church beaming with happiness and posing proudly with her grandson and calling his attention towards people, still looking as if she had cried inside, left me with tears in my eyes.

And Grand Duke Jean looked every inch a very proud grandfather when entering the church.

Congratulation johann for another excelent photo coverage and thank you for sharing with us.

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 09-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Strapless dresses seem to be the fashion these days. There's global warming for you.
Dear Elspeth.

I think you have a wonderful way to calm down people in here when the discussion gets tough. Thanks for your humorous answers and the way you always see the positive in things...

Christian

Old 09-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

I think I understand completely where BeatrixFan is coming from: stuff like this (extra-marital kids, first, wedding second) only helps to further dilute the concept of monarchy in the very eyes of the people financing the whole thing: us street folks. If these 'royals' can't behave like the role models we want them to be, expect them to be, how relevant <is> royalty then? OTOH, you could also argue that it makes sense for royals to go and adapt with the times, or else. so it's a fine line these people have to walk: should they be the pictures of virtue and live their lives like a goody two shoes or should they do what 'le peuple' is regarding as normal? Fine line, indeed, because there just isn't an unanimous opinion on this, as this thread proves.

As for the wedding itself, I on some level almost think: thank goodness for that extra-marital child being present at the festivities! Why? Because otherwise, it would have been an utterly boring (to me, the outsider), event.

As for the bride, I used to like strapless gowns way before they became ubiqouitous. Now that they are, I find them, well, boring. Everyone's wearing them, here's another bride in one, yawn. Her veil is interesting though in the trim but that's it.

The wedding seems as boring as Luxemburg the country: totally uneventful which is why I'm kindof thankful on some level that there is this controversy over the out-of-wedlock-born kid.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

PPE Agency

Quote:
29-09-2006 Gilsdorf Tessy Antony (L) Prince Louis of Luxembourg (C) with their son Gabriel (R) after their wedding at Gilsdorf Church and Jean, Henri and Maria Teresa

Old 09-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've been through this thread and deleted some of the worst of the arguing as well as deleting or editing the posts that were straying into general religious discussions. Please let's keep the temperature level down from now on and remember that other people are entitled to hold and express opinions that may differ from yours.

Elspeth

Old New Royal and Blue moderator
Old 09-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD

P.S.
I like her outfit for the civil ceremony but I think she should have worn skin toned stockings...the one's she's wearing look white...are they white?
I think they are white stockings; and I agree that nude-coloured stockings would've looked nicer. The suit for the civil service is lovely (I prefer it to her wedding dress). It's fun and simple and appropriately young ... And in this (http://img43.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc554ℑ=62852_IMG_3332_122_554lo.jpg&page=10&track_id=1159581747) picture you realize how really young they are.

Tessy reminds me of a cross between Britney Spears (in her early, fresh-faced years) and Beverly Mitchell, the actress who plays Lucy on Seventh Heaven.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Many happy wishes to the newly married couple.
I like her dress & her veil. Their son is so cute- what a face. I love his little outfit .

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 09-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

To me the best dressed one was Gabriel!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Nobility

Gabriel is such a little cutie

I like the dress and veil too. Tessy looked beautiful.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Courtier

I'm so sad Tessy didn't wear a tiara one of Maria Tereasa's would have looked very pretty on her. It looked like a beautiful wedding, congrats to the couple and Gabriel is soooo cute! The only thing I didn't like was Tessy's gloves.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I think I understand completely where BeatrixFan is coming from: stuff like this (extra-marital kids, first, wedding second) only helps to further dilute the concept of monarchy in the very eyes of the people financing the whole thing: us street folks. If these 'royals' can't behave like the role models we want them to be, expect them to be, how relevant <is> royalty then? OTOH, you could also argue that it makes sense for royals to go and adapt with the times, or else. so it's a fine line these people have to walk: should they be the pictures of virtue and live their lives like a goody two shoes or should they do what 'le peuple' is regarding as normal? Fine line, indeed, because there just isn't an unanimous opinion on this, as this thread proves.

As for the wedding itself, I on some level almost think: thank goodness for that extra-marital child being present at the festivities! Why? Because otherwise, it would have been an utterly boring (to me, the outsider), event.

As for the bride, I used to like strapless gowns way before they became ubiqouitous. Now that they are, I find them, well, boring. Everyone's wearing them, here's another bride in one, yawn. Her veil is interesting though in the trim but that's it.

The wedding seems as boring as Luxemburg the country: totally uneventful which is why I'm kindof thankful on some level that there is this controversy over the out-of-wedlock-born kid.
I think we need to remember that we didn't expect to see any coverage of the wedding. They didn't have to share their wedding with us, so we should enjoy the coverage we did get.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Tessy looks nice on strapless gowns but i would agree with posts she would have tiara on from new in-laws but dont worry about that.

GrandDuchess M-T looks nice on gray dress and head bands its so wonderful of her but the GD M-T would good care of Gabriel when Louis and Tessy on honeymoon because M-T is wonderful grandmother