Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Antony: September 29, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for these photos, johann. I think Tessy looks lovely and I hope they have many happy years ahead of them. The Grand Duchess' outfit is reminiscent of the white one that Mathilde wore to the King of Sweden's birthday celebration -- except Mathilde had a long coat if I recall.

I guess by Tess and Grand Duchess faces that there were some tears sheded during the wedding.

Baby is so cute and so nice of Grandma to leave the church with him in arms...

Do we expect to see some photos of the cerimony?!

Regards,
mtbcm

BeatrixFan said:
Well, she's hardly a perfect Princess is she? I can almost hear Josephine-Charlotte spinning. She quite unashamedly gets married in white, the baby's there at the wedding, her father's an outspoken republican - wonderful stuff. Although at least we know she's intelligent. She certainly knew the way to bag herself a Prince.

That's what is told in Luxembourg but I can't believe she only married him because of his title. :neutral:

Well, congratulations to the happy couple! The grand duchess looks very beautiful in that dress. And Tessy looks amazing too, although her choice of wedding dress is a bit untraditional, because usually royal brides choose long sleeved dresses. Alhtough this can't really be considered a royal wedding, right?

Louis & Tessy Wedding Details

Civil ceremony took place at Palais Grand-Ducal at 03:00pm.
Religious ceremony took place at the Parish Church in Gilsdorf at 05:00pm.

Guests at the religious ceremony :

- LLAARR le grand-duc et la grande-duchesse de Luxembourg
- Gabriel de Nassau
- SAR le grand-duc Jean de Luxembourg
- SAR Guillaume, grand-duc héritier de Luxembourg
- Félix de Luxembourg (témoin du marié ?)
- Sébastien de Luxembourg
- Alexandra de Luxembourg (marraine de Gabriel)
- SAR Jean, prince de Luxembourg
- LLAARR le prince et la princesse Guillaume de Luxembourg (+ enfants ?)
- LLAARR le prince et la princesse Nikolaus de et à Liechtenstein (+ enfants ?)
- LLAAIIRR l’archiduc et l’archiduchesse Carl-Christian d’Autriche (+ enfants ?)
- SAIR István, archiduc d’Autriche (et son épouse ?)
- SAIR Carl-Peter, archiduc d’Autriche (et son épouse la princesse Alexandra de Wrede ?)
- M. et Mme Antony
- Ronny Antony (frère de Tessy et parrain de Gabriel)
- La grand-mère de Tessy

The bride and groom look wonderful; a happy ending, after all!

Great pictures!
tessy's dress looked gorgeous!
Their little son is so extremely adorable!
I wish them all the best! :flowers:

BeatrixFan said:
I can almost hear Josephine-Charlotte spinning. She quite unashamedly gets married in white, the baby's there at the wedding, her father's an outspoken republican - wonderful stuff. Although at least we know she's intelligent. She certainly knew the way to bag herself a Prince.

Yes, she knows. On serving as a nurse in a UN military unit in a dangerous region where quite some UN-dsoldiers have already died for their duty towards freedom and peace - the Kosovo. In a place like that, in a situation like that many things can happen. Even a not so innocent love affair with a somewhat stupid and unnecessary outcome for both parties.

But normally it takes two to get pregnant - and she accepted that she would not be married before her baby was born, maybe not be married at all and did not make a fuss about it on talking to the press, painting her new in-laws in a negative way.

If there had been any kind of pressure on prince Louis from Tessy's side, I guess it would have happened before the baby was born. She certainly would have gotten her share of their money, but not a ring on her finger.

Yes, you can assume that she held out for the greater prize but so far nothing in either her past or her behaviour has hinted at a lack of integrity. So only time will tell what comes out of this marriage. IMHO. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find very odd is the brazen way the Grand Ducal House is playing this one out. A church wedding, a white frock, the baby held out and paraded around - no wonder no foreign Royals were invited.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW great photos of the couple
they look soooo happy together and baby Gabriel looks like a little darling
Tessy ls very beautiful in her wedding dress very elegant.
Wishing them all the best for the future;)

It's nice they are married and I think she ought to be Princess Louis at least but I do agree about the whole blushing bride get up. The virginal dress and veil is a bit ridiculous looking when the bride's already a mother and I thought the same about Mett-Maritt on her wedding day too. Even Letizia (forgive my spelling of these names) in Spain, as a divorcee, looked a bit silly I thought floating down the aisle like a born again virgin.

i don't think many brides are virgins anyway when they get married so i don't see all the fuss about her wearing white. or Mette for that matter, and Letizia had just been married through a civil ceremony not church.

angela said:
Even Letizia (forgive my spelling of these names) in Spain, as a divorcee, looked a bit silly I thought floating down the aisle like a born again virgin.

Most brides are in (or approaching) their Thirties. You really do not think that Máxima, Mary, Laurentien, Letizia, Mabel, Sophie, etc. were virgins, did you?

No matter our own personal opinions about Louis & Tessy's past and history together, I think we should all try our best to let this be a day of joy for the two of them, and try to look on it from the bright side.

I think it's great that they finally married, it's better late than never. No matter my personal opinions on having a child out of wedlock etc, I give credit to Tessy for handling the situation to what is surely her best ability. As Jo of Palatine said, she's proved to be very loyal to her husband and the Grand Ducal Family, we don't know what's been going on behind the scenes, but Tessy has kept out of the limelight and haven't said a word to the press.

I thin she looks absolutely beautiful today! That dress is just gorgeous. :flowers:

And a special thanks to johann, for all the pics.

Congratulations to the couple, I wish them many years of happiness!:flowers:
Little Gabriel is such a cutie, you just want to pinch those chubby cheeks all day long:wub::wub:

angela said:
It's nice they are married and I think she ought to be Princess Louis at least but I do agree about the whole blushing bride get up. The virginal dress and veil is a bit ridiculous looking when the bride's already a mother and I thought the same about Mett-Maritt on her wedding day too. Even Letizia (forgive my spelling of these names) in Spain, as a divorcee, looked a bit silly I thought floating down the aisle like a born again virgin.

To be totally honest, I don't think that there are many European women left who walk down the aisle as a virgin (if they walk down the aisle at all). And next to that, I think a red dress just looks awful.:lol:

No, I really loved Tessy's dress, though I'm no big fan of the bare shoulders. The veil and the hair are beautiful and Gabriel is a little angel! He's so cute! :wub:

all the boys are looking really good... was tessys dress by a major designer?

Maria-Theresa looks beautiful!
I love her outfit!
What surprised me was that the bride wore a strapless dress...I thought it was considered disrespectful to have bare shoulders and arms in church...?
But she still looked great! I loved her bouquet.
Somewhere someone had said that Louis can no longer inherit the dukedom, is this true? Is that why Tessy will not be given a title?:ermm: I'm confused!

I think it's a beautiful wedding and everyone looks great. The baby is absolutely adorable!:flowers: Tessy's hairstyle looks wonderful with the billowy veil flowing down. And I'm sure the Grand Duchess probably did shed a tear or two like mothers do at weddings. Very nice pictures.

Congrats to the couple :flowers:

tessy, the bride looks really pretty, louis and his parents and son are apparently very happy.

And we are in 2006, I can't see problems of her marrying in a white dress.

but everyone has the right of opinion. ;)

RachelD said:
Maria-Theresa looks beautiful!
I love her outfit!
What surprised me was that the bride wore a strapless dress...I thought it was considered disrespectful to have bare shoulders and arms in church...?
But she still looked great! I loved her bouquet.
Somewhere someone had said that Louis can no longer inherit the dukedom, is this true? Is that why Tessy will not be given a title?:ermm: I'm confused!

Strapless dresses seem to be the fashion these days. There's global warming for you.;)

BeatrixFan said:
What I find very odd is the brazen way the Grand Ducal House is playing this one out. A church wedding, a white frock, the baby held out and paraded around - no wonder no foreign Royals were invited.
I see your point and the Grand Ducal couple is in urgent need of good PR after their latest gaffes. That´s for sure. So the wedding maybe is the opportunity to display a happy family with a liberal mind. On the other hand: why should they not be proud of their grandson? Why should they not show support for the newly weds?

BTW the white dress doesn’t worry me, but Maria Teresa´s dress does – it seems to be alarmingly tight.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the young couple :)

I think Tessy looks beautiful and so what if she had a baby and is wearing white? She's only 21! It would be worse if she was 42 with a teenage son and wearing a full white bridal getup getting married to her prince(this is my own personal opinion please). That would be cringe worthy in my opinion. SHe looks very pretty and happy and so does Prince Louis-in fact everyone looks quite happy and why shouldn't they? It's a wedding!! Regardless of what happened before I agree that Tessy has behaved with pure decorum since announcing the pregnancy and kudos to her for that. I wish for this couple to have many wonderful years together.

Back
Top Bottom