The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know if Louis and Tessy will go on a honeymoon? And where to?

Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Does anyone know if Louis and Tessy will go on a honeymoon? And where to?
Yes, I also want to know this....
What is the official language of Luxembourge? (Please forgive my ignorance! )

Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Aristocracy

There are 3: German, French, and Letzebergish (a spelling somehow like that).
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Nobility

Are Tessy & Louis still in the army?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:18 AM

I am suprised that Tessy isn't wearing a tiara! Does anybody know why she isn't wearing a tiara from the Luxumbourg Royal Jewels?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

Beautiful Wedding Dress
Old 11-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Good cuestion Miss Ally.... becose Sibilla don´t wears a tiara too in her wedding with Prince Guillaume...
Old 02-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I believe it is Gabriel de Nassau. No title anyway, but maybe that will come later. The children of Prince Jean did not have a title when they were born. GD Jean made them Counts of Nassau later in life. I don't believe they ever elevated Helene in rank, so tessy will probably just stay mrs. de Nassau to.

-
A pity that Prince Jean or his children did not attend. But nice to see the Liechtenstein- and Habsburg cousins (the blonde Archduke reminds me of the character where Harry Potter is always fighting with in his movie )
Why is that actually? GD Henri married a commoner, yet she's been accorded a title. and so have his children.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Serene Highness

The reason for little Gabriel not having title right now is that his parents marriage is considered morganistic. Prince Louis and Tessy had baby before marriage, and even if they married all children from this marriage don't have right to the title unless grand duke decides otherwise. Aristocracy has its own rules and usually by tradition children out of wedlock didn't have title. But in some countries parents subsequent marriage makes children legitimate, but in some countries like Luxembourg, special decree of the monarch is necessary.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-22-2007, 05:39 AM
Nobility

New gallery in the official website.
(civil and religious wedding)
http://www.monarchie.lu/fr/Galerie/Evenements/Mariage_du_Prince_Louis_et_de_Mademoiselle_Tessy_Antony/index.php
Old 06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

All the daughters of Grand Duke Jean and the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore a tiara to their wedding, as did Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. Actually, they all wore the same tiara, which, if I remember my royal jewels correctly, was given to Josephine Charlotte by the nation of Belgium on the occasion of her wedding. This tiara was also one of the ones that would have been included in that sale if the JC jewelry sale had happened.

From what I can remember, all the other Luxembourgish royal brides have worn tiaras. Sybilla just decided not to wear one, I don't remember why. Tessy did not wear one because she was not marrying into the royal family- Louis still carries the styling as a mere formality.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Why 'Tessy Antony'?

She is Madame Tessy de Nassau since her marriage.

Other threads also so not start with Mary Donaldson, Letizia Ortiz or Máxima Zorreguieta?

Old 06-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
She is Madame Tessy de Nassau since her marriage.

Other threads also so not start with Mary Donaldson, Letizia Ortiz or Máxima Zorreguieta?

For wedding threads, they usually list the groom and the bride's maiden name (the names and titles they had at the time of their wedding), such as Felipe, Prince of Asturias & Letizia Ortiz, May 22nd, 2004, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima Zorreguita 2-2-2002, Princess Elizabeth and Lt. Philip Mountbatten 1947, etc. (although there are a few exceptions to the rule)

In other threads about them, they are listed as "Louis, Tessy and Family"

Old 06-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
All the daughters of Grand Duke Jean and the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte wore a tiara to their wedding, as did Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. Actually, they all wore the same tiara, which, if I remember my royal jewels correctly, was given to Josephine Charlotte by the nation of Belgium on the occasion of her wedding. This tiara was also one of the ones that would have been included in that sale if the JC jewelry sale had happened.

From what I can remember, all the other Luxembourgish royal brides have worn tiaras. Sybilla just decided not to wear one, I don't remember why. Tessy did not wear one because she was not marrying into the royal family- Louis still carries the title as a mere formality.
They wore all the Congo-Necklace Tiara. Josephine-Charlote wore this Tiara for the Ceremony in Church and for the official photos the belgian Tiara. But have been included in the canceled Auction .
Hélène Vestur also didn't wore a Tiara.
I think it has something to do with the fact that Louis renounced his sucession rights and that Tessy did not become a Princess that she didn't wore a Tiara on her Wedding-Day.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Nobility

I don't think the Lux royals wear the Congo-Necklace Tiara often. Will Tessy and Louis have two children before they celebrate one year of marriage?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Commoner

The wedding of Prince Louis and Tessy. I think Tessy is very pretty.

PPE Agency
Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Gentry

So young couple they are! Best wishes for them, anyway^_^
Old 05-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
That was so sweet of him, although what on earth is up with his hair? Why it it blonde on top? New Luxembourgish fashion statement?

Prince Sébastian has a natural patch of white in his hair. He has always had this and obviously feels no need to try and camouflage it. This is simply how his hair is and has always been it's not a fashion statement of any kind. It is called Poliosis when this patch of white/blond hair occurs in otherwise pigmented hair, irregardless of cause. It is caused by numerous things most notably various hereditary disorders.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up A good reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Yes, she knows. On serving as a nurse in a UN military unit in a dangerous region where quite some UN-dsoldiers have already died for their duty towards freedom and peace - the Kosovo. In a place like that, in a situation like that many things can happen. Even a not so innocent love affair with a somewhat stupid and unnecessary outcome for both parties.

But normally it takes two to get pregnant - and she accepted that she would not be married before her baby was born, maybe not be married at all and did not make a fuss about it on talking to the press, painting her new in-laws in a negative way.

If there had been any kind of pressure on prince Louis from Tessy's side, I guess it would have happened before the baby was born. She certainly would have gotten her share of their money, but not a ring on her finger.

Yes, you can assume that she held out for the greater prize but so far nothing in either her past or her behaviour has hinted at a lack of integrity. So only time will tell what comes out of this marriage. IMHO.
I like Jo of Palatine's perspective. Thanks for reminding us that, in all aspects of life, character and integrity matter most.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Administrator

The wedding happened three years ago. Recent posts moralising about it have been removed.

Warren
TRF Administrator