Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau and Mabel Wisse-Smit: April 24, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pictures are best I've seen in a long time and are very, very nice. I have always thought Mabel's wedding gown was unique. I have never seen so many bows on one dress! I think there are approximatley 244 bows on the gown. It's too bad you all can't read that thread from that time about that wedding! There was a lot of discussion about that gown!:p

I found this article tonight from Viktor and Rolf, the dress designers

She requested a memorable dress and dismissed designs if she considered them too conventional. The gown is smothered in a profusion of bows.

She got one thing right- it certainly was memorable....

A bride gets to pick the dress she wants. Nobody else counts.

Im not keen on mabel's wedding dress ....but I think it suits her and she does have her own style not too my taste but I do like her so as a personso I kind of over look her clothes

Honestly, the cut of her dress was fabulous, it suited her even better than Maxima's and Laurentien's did, and I loved those two dresses as well. If she had minimized the bows, it would have been one of the top ten dresses, I feel sure. But it was her decision, and I'm sure she was incredibly happy with the result, so it's all good.

:previous: The cut/silhouette was perfection, I agree. But the final effect with the Attack of the Killer Bows was simply too much, imo.

Back
Top Bottom