Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally managed to see Alexia in one of the pictures of the gallery one of the members posted. I found something strange though. This picture it says it's Pavlos with Marie-Chantal, but that blonde lady isn't Marie-Chantal is it, she's not pregnant for what I can see!!!
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

You are right, this is Prince Nikolaos with his girlfriend Tatiana Blanik and his sister Princess Alexia

was marie's veil the same that all the family used (mary, alexandra, alexia, etc)?

Alexandra (nee Manley/Countess of Fredensborg) hasn't worn the heirloom veil, but Princess Alexandra (nee SWB) has worn it for her wedding in 1998.

Next to tie the knot are Albert and Charlene, then William and Kate. I think.

Elsa, we always share the same opinion about wedding gowns! ;)
Extremely boring dress, very "Pronovias" style.

It’s a preety dress, no doubt, but so boringly vulgar... you can find a dress like that in every shop window of every single country, all around the world… I was expecting something more unique from a royal wedding, but well... she looks preety.

You are right, this is Prince Nikolaos with his girlfriend Tatiana Blanik and his sister Princess Alexia

Is her name Tatiana Blanik or Tatiana Blatnik? And any idea of her nationality?

Last edited:
I thought the wedding was beautiful (much more appropriet than the Peter and Autumn Phillips wedding of last week). I loved every second of it. The gown was beautiful (the brides and the guests), adn everything just so flawless and sophisticated. I would expect no less from this family.:wub:

Congratulations to Prince Joachim and Princess Marie!!!

What I didn't like was Marie's tan. It looks fake !

Next to tie the knot are Albert and Charlene, then William and Kate. I think.

I think we have at least two maybe three swedish royal weddings before a wedding in the UK.

by the way prince carl philips emma looks a bit like marie

I thought the wedding was beautiful (much more appropriet than the Peter and Autumn Phillips wedding of last week). I loved every second of it.

Yes, that's an interesting point you raise here: Joachim and Marie have given lots of interviews pre-wedding, invited TV-cameras into Schackenborg, posed for numerous pictures, allowed TV to make documentaries. We know about lots and lots of details about past, present and the future they wish for themselves. The wedding was televised and TV reported from morning till night.

Still I as well have the feeling that they didn't cross that small line between allowing the public to celebrate with them and selling out. I hope we will be able to see one day in a officially recognised book some pics from the private part of the wedding and of the honeymoon, maybe they even release a short video of the wedding waltz, but I guess they will very fiercely protect the privacy of their guests on celebrating their nuptials.

Beatiful wedding and pictures too Victoria is super.
The bride is lovely, thanks for sharing me/us!!

why doesnt Victoria bring her boyfriend to these things , its all a bit silly , we know that she goes out with him and they have been with each for quite along time now.

What a beautiful and emotional wedding!

I congratulate Joachim and Marie, and I hope they will have a great life together. Im definately looking forward to follow their relationship, and especially how Marie is going to do as our princess. :flowers:

I have seen a lot of beautiful and very good pictures from the wedding, but one of the best must be the one on this page, where you can see a very emotional prince standing with his two sons, as Maria and her father walks towards them: Side2 (picture number 6). :wub:

Last edited:
I must say that of the pictures of the royal guests that I've seen so far, I think Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden looked the most beautiful. I'm not sure if her dress was a dark coral or red in color, but it really suited her. And she finally found a hairstyle that makes her four-button tiara look appealing!

Do you have a link to a picture where she looks 'cheesed off' - still assuming that you were watching the same as everybody here have been watching :rolleyes: :lol:

Pastel blue almost white? :D You better lay down some new ground rules for colours allowed for wedding guests - if pastel colours are now off limit - or is it only off limit for certain persons perhaps?

Gosh, sorry Mary fans, my comments were sarcastic at the worst... Do you think that the CPss would come frowning?!:ermm: I just think she isn't as radiant as when she is at the center of attention. As for the colour of the dress, other people in the forum also had question marks about it, I personally had to look at pictures from different agencies to verify the colour...

I think the oficial photos were taken in a strange place, a room with only a fire place. It looks like it is Prince Joaquim sitting room with no furniture, maybe Marie is remodeling the house so son!!!! Do you think, gosh I hope not! I think the oficial photos could be taken in a more beautiful place like a landscape in the garden or so, bu inside a room with no furniture that was really awful and not appropiate at all for such an ocassion!!!
I also think that it was very strange that Marie didn't know any Danish and all her wedding was in Danish, to me that is very peculiar.
Yes many mistakes have been made, they were all avoidable..... and to me that was unpardonable, this was a Royal wedding and even if not, everything should had ben in order and plan and it wasn't, what a shame...

I think the oficial photos were taken in a strange place, a room with only a fire place. It looks like it is Prince Joaquim sitting room with no furniture, maybe Marie is remodeling the house so son!!!! Do you think, gosh I hope not! I think the oficial photos could be taken in a more beautiful place like a landscape in the garden or so, bu inside a room with no furniture that was really awful and not appropiate at all for such an ocassion!!!
I also think that it was very strange that Marie didn't know any Danish and all her wedding was in Danish, to me that is very peculiar.
Yes many mistakes have been made, they were all avoidable..... and to me that was unpardonable, this was a Royal wedding and even if not, everything should had ben in order and plan and it wasn't, what a shame...

Actually in one of the pre-wedding interviews (the English one, the only one I understood:rolleyes:) Marie said she had no plans to redecorate the house as she liked it exactly the way it was. I personally don't think the room wa a strange place to take official pictures, most official royal pics I've seen so far are taken in a room. The only thing I thought of was that they should have closed the door on one of the pics. But, there again, it's not really about the room is it, it's about the people on it, and that was perfect :flowers:
As for Marie's Danish, isn't it so that she doesn't master the language well enough, but surely she understands most of it, so I have no doubt she did understand everything that was said at her own wedding ;)

Gosh, sorry Mary fans, my comments were sarcastic at the worst... Do you think that the CPss would come frowning?!:ermm: I just think she isn't as radiant as when she is at the center of attention. As for the colour of the dress, other people in the forum also had question marks about it, I personally had to look at pictures from different agencies to verify the colour...
No, I expected her to come exactly as she did - smiling and seemingly happy on behalf of J&M. I think she looked better than ever actually.

Pity you didn't see the wedding directly on TV. Even in the sunlight it was clearly pastel blue.

IMHO these mishaps all gave the wedding a feeling of being a "country"-wedding where not strict protocoll reigns, where only guest are invited that have a real personal connection to the couple and where nothings is sooo important one has to get overly serious over it. A wedding full of joy and sunshine - and I bet Mary would have preferred such a wedding, too as it seems bride and groom really amused themselves with their guests, dancing till the early hours of the morning, spent their wedding night in their own bed and had breakfast with their family before leaving for their honeymoon.

My first wedding was exactly such a family wedding in the countryside and we enjoyed meeting with our guest the next morning over brunch before leaving...

Well don, IMHo, Joachim and Marie.

Not at all, it looked usual to me - it's very standard in a big house to have such a bare space, a hall with a big fireplace and whitewashed walls. It's actually much more elegant spartan than 'overstuffed'! I'm not sure what the function of the space would have been, but there's such a room even in a big old farmhouse I know in New South Wales. In a country dwelling, the rooms with hangings on the walls etc would have been the upstairs rooms perhaps. Anyone know more about this topic?

I think I have heard Marie saying that she will redecorate the house because Joaquim has lived there for a long time alone and that house has some man things that she want to change!!! That was why I though that she was already redecorate a house because the pictures were taken in an empy room.

quote:"I think the oficial photos were taken in a strange place, a room with only a fire place. It looks like it is Prince Joaquim sitting room with no furniture, maybe Marie is remodeling the house so son!!!! Do you think, gosh I hope not! I think the oficial photos could be taken in a more beautiful place like a landscape in the garden or so, bu inside a room with no furniture that was really awful and not appropiate at all for such an ocassion!!!

i thought the same ,biboqhinas, nofurniture for the photo, yes i did not like that, just a plain fire place, not royal at all! i wonder was she was thinking when the priest spoke in danish all the cremony?, even the songs!
but i must say eventhougt i got married in england in a nice castle, i had to repeat a few words in old englsih, and i was so nervous that i couldn't say it properly, my husband laugh but i think it was cute! but i knew what it meant, after 10 years of marriage be have our daughter baptisim and a blessing for us in argentina in the danish church there and it suposse the priest was going to to do the ceremony part in spanish, part in danish as my husband speask very good danish, and my family is danish but i think the priest it was so nervous, that he forgot and spoke all in spanish but my husband didn't mind, he new what he was talking about, o i suppose in a way marie knew too but being royal it is different she should to have some knowledge of the language for the wedding!

Last edited:
Well, maybe tis white camin room was just the best to get all family members in it (to have them all on the group picture).
Maybe all other rooms were simply too small.
The ballhall was probably already decorated for the wedding dinner. So they chose the white camin room. Perhaps there are usually furnitures inside, but were carried aside so they aren't in the picture.
I really don't think there was no furniture inside the room, because of Marie's redecorations. :lol:

I am not too fond of the white background either. But apart from that I quite liked the official photos of the whole family. Especially because of the loving gesture between Marie and her grandmother.

Pss Marie's wedding dress is ok not particularly a big fan quite plain to me and the tiara looks too big for her
CPss Mary's gown looks ok but the style doesn't suit her, it makes her look shapeless
CPss Victoria's gown is nice. Love the color but not the tiara. Can someone pls tell Victoria not to wear that tiara :p
CPss MM's too plain esp. against the color of her skin
Love the picture of JOachim walking with his 2 sons

I'm looking forward to Marie's royal duties...

Marie looked stunning, stunning, stunning...even though I have to agree about the "tan". She is probably the most beautiful Royal bride I have seen in years. I especially loved her veil and tiara, and it is downright uncanny how much she looks like CP Mary. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing Mary and Frederik's wedding photos.

Congratulations Danes!

Was Amber Petty one of the wedding guests? I was quite certain I saw her enter the church with a man and sit in the other section of the church.

Of course not - why ever should she?:ohmy:

This is one of the few times CP Mary has taken my breath away. I am always trying to figure out what the big deal is about her but she looked almost as beautiful as the bride...and she and Marie could easily be sisters!

why doesnt Victoria bring her boyfriend to these things , its all a bit silly , we know that she goes out with him and they have been with each for quite along time now.

It´s easy to answer...Victoria and Daniel is not engaged and therfor they can not show them self together when ther is a royal party like a wedding, birthday, baptisem and so on.

Marys dress was clearly a light-blue, I've seen it from a distance of approx. 1,5 metres, at it was definately light blue ;)

Back
Top Bottom