Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marie made a lovely bride. Her gown was simple and tasteful. Her tiara is gorgeous (I'm guessing her bridal tiara is a bit grander than that of CP Mary because Mary also received the Ruby parure and will one day be Queen with the motherload of jewels :)

Joachim's boys looked very cute and appropriate in their "grown up" suits (much better than what they wore for their mother's wedding)

The Queen's dress was O.K. ... the color was stunning and the jewels (oh well, who wouldn't look good with those jewels!)

CP Mary looked stunning. I'm glad she wore the tiara from the Ruby parurer

As usual, Queen Anne Marie looked stunning (is she wearing the Khedive of Egypt tiara?)

CP Victoria's choice of gown design and color is gorgeous ... I can't stand that tiara!

CP Mette-Marit ... oh, well, she looked better than most days.

Martha-Louise ... looked lovely

:wub:

Thank you to all of you for posting I thought all the royal ladies looked GORGEOUS love Victoria Mary and MM in particular. The bride looked lovely and I hope it all works out for them I am not a fan of the groom's but I think Marie is quite the nicest royal bride since Mary. Loved the church flowers. Yes and the Queen did look vv glam for a change.All in all as glamous but also a graciuous second marriage as I have seen. Well done to all.

I think the dress is nice but average. The tiara is beautiful, but I'm wondering, why it's bigger than Alexandras. I guess, they took a look on all the danish jewels and diceded to give that one to Marie, because it fits her the most ( best fitting of the middle class tiaras of course - the big ones are for Marge and Mary )
But I'm a bit dissapointed that she got a bigger one than Alex ( is it obviously that I'm an Alex fan ^^)
By the way, was she invited or did she even congratulate ?

Victoria : I hate this tiara to death
Madeleine: Where was she ?
Mette: I don't like the dress. It makes her lookin pale an a bit "not in shape"
Märtha: as far as I could see her pregnancy makes her look soooo beautiful: Happy, shining, satisfied
Mary : Nearly as white as the bride. A faux-pas in my opinion.
Marge: I didn't like one of her dresses so much for a long time. Great! ( Actually I thought she gives the tiara she wore to Marie. I could have bet...)

Any of the NL, B, ESP, LUX, GB royal families there ?

On my computer Mary's dress is clearly light silvery blue and not white.
And no, only members of the Greek, Norwegian and Swedish royal families were there.

Former Queen of Greece Anne-Mariel and Princess Benedicte of Denmark
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9514/81224482dj0.jpg
CCrown Prince Haakon of Norway
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4684/81224452wq0.jpg
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4985/81224451kd9.jpg
Princess Martha Louise and her husband Ari Behn
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4421/81224450ke7.jpg
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7462/81224448yz3.jpg

Last edited:
I think the dress is nice but average. The tiara is beautiful, but I'm wondering, why it's bigger than Alexandras. I guess, they took a look on all the danish jewels and diceded to give that one to Marie, because it fits her the most ( best fitting of the middle class tiaras of course - the big ones are for Marge and Mary )
But I'm a bit dissapointed that she got a bigger one than Alex ( is it obviously that I'm an Alex fan ^^)
By the way, was she invited or did she even congratulate ?

Victoria : I hate this tiara to death
Madeleine: Where was she ?
Mette: I don't like the dress. It makes her lookin pale an a bit "not in shape"
Märtha: as far as I could see her pregnancy makes her look soooo beautiful: Happy, shining, satisfied
Marge: I didn't like one of her dresses so much for a long time. Great! ( Actually I thought she gives the tiara she wore to Marie. I could have bet...)

It's not bigger then Alexandra's. I think it looks only so in some of the pictures because of the embrodery on the veil. Alexandra's got one of the biggest tiaras of the danish RF even bigger and higher then most of Queen Margrethe's tiaras, perhpas apart from the ruby tiara.

If anyone has photos of the following please please please post or direct me to a site with

Tatiana Blatnick and Prince Nikolas of Greece.

Carina Axelrod

a good pic of Princess Theordora of Greece

Thanks

And Alexandra's tiara was given to her as a present, whereas Marie's is only on loan for today if I understood correctly.

Sorry to ask this, but was Alexandra invited to the wedding? I have read somewhere that Joachim and Alexandra still are friends, which I think is great. Maybe Marie asked Alexandra for some advice?

Princess Marie looks absolutely stunning! My favourite royal bride

When I watched the video and saw Joachim bend down to kiss his boys and he started to cry my eyes teared up too:wub:

I wish them a long life full of happiness

Getty now has pictures of Nikolaos and his lady friend...I don't know how to link it! I think they caption it as Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal!:lol:

Lovely silhouette for CP Mary's dress -- the woman is not endowed with curves, and the sleeves and ruffled skirt helped create the illusion of a more womanly figure. (My husband says she has no waist...) She would have benefitted from a more saturated color -- maybe a teal or turquoise? Light blue washed her out.

Sorry, but gotta think that the ruby tiara was trotted out because Marie's (borrowed) tiara was so much more grand than Mary's little teardrop wedding tiara. But what do I know?

Marie was a lovely bride. She certainly knows the right way to wear a beehive. Delightfully pretty lady.

Good to see that tearful grooms run in the DRF... :wub:

And Alexandra's tiara was given to her as a present, whereas Marie's is only on loan for today if I understood correctly.

As far as i know it belongs to a family foundation so it could not be given as gift. Or perhaps the Queen has learned and don't want thad in case of a divorce again a historic tiara is lost for the danish RF, like Alexandra's tiara.
It will be interesting which tiara Marie will wear in the future for tiara-occasions or if this one will be a loan for life (like the do in the british RF).

Marie´s dress was ok, but I would have hoped that it would have been more unique, it was so average and boring
Crown princess Victoria looked absolutely beautiful. The colour of her dress fits her perfectly, and even the four-button-tiara fitted to this gown.
Crown princess Mette-Marit looked the same as always, she is lovely.
Crown princess Mary - her dress was a big dissappointment for me, the ruffles are awful.

Considering Marie experienced the greatest nightmare come true I can think of when I think of a wedding, she did wonderful!

But my husband said that in former times the one responsible for the mishap would have been beheaded. And rightfully so. How could they not replace the ill bridesmaid with another lady attendant? And why did they not tell the one bridesmaid that the car with the bride was pulling up at the church?

Poor Marie really struggled with her train and veil in the wind outside the church and if not her chauffeur had taken pity on her, I guess it would have ended in a disaster. No wonder she was really pissed off for a moment, especially when her bridesmaid finally came and immediately stepped on her trail!

I wondered why that lady in green was called out towards the end of the service but when I saw her helping the bridesmaid with Marie's train and veil, I figured they finally found a solution to Marie's problem. Really - there were so many people involved but obviously noone felt responisble for the poor bride arriving ... Probably because the queen was so late?

No wonder Marie was a bit nervous and needed time to get used to the situation.

Last edited:
Getty now has pictures of Nikolaos and his lady friend...I don't know how to link it! I think they caption it as Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal!:lol:

Thanks I'll go check it out.

Although I am not keen on the wedding dress and tan, Princess Marie looked appropriate. Her veil was magnificent. The way she styled her tiara and veil reminded me of Crown Princess Mary.
The blue/green-silver dress worn by Crown Princess Mary was stylish, but the colour choice was far from perfect. I agree with those members, who stated that this style of dresses is what Crown Princess Maxima is known for wearing.
Crown Princess Mette Marit looked great and happy. This delicate pink became her very much.
Crown Princess Victoria’s coral dress was good choice. Yet again she accompanied Norwegian Crown Princely couple. Could it possible to send Prince Carl Philip with her?

The dress was designed by David Arasa and Claudio from the fashion house Arasa Morelli a French-Spanish fashion house.

Last edited:
The bride looked absolutely lovey! It's the best I think she's ever looked so far in this relationship, and isn't that the way it should be?!

well I didn't like the dress at all, the upper part was very vulgar with too mucht "renda" - I don't know the word in English... sorry. She looked really stress and that veil part with the wind really uppset her too mucht!!!:ermm: Mary was the best has always, but she looked very serious.:ROFLMAO:I lvoed the part when Joaquim started to cry...:wub:

well I didn't like the dress at all, the upper part was very vulgar with too mucht "renda" - I don't know the word in English... sorry. She looked really stress and that veil part with the wind really uppset her too mucht!!!:ermm: Mary was the best has always, but she looked very serious.:ROFLMAO:I lvoed the part when Joaquim started to cry...:wub:

Do you mean "lace"?

Back
Top Bottom