Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marys dress was clearly a light-blue, I've seen it from a distance of approx. 1,5 metres, at it was definately light blue ;)

You were present in Denmark at that moment and you were standing that close to everyone? Lucky you, I'm jeolous :rolleyes: :lol: Did you take any pictures yourself?

I have always thought Joachim looks so much older than Frederik, who has a real "baby face". I was surprised to learn that he is younger.

I haven't been so much impressed with Ms Cavallier, but I think she is the most beautiful Royal bride since Maxima of the Netherlands.

Joachim's children are so adorable, I could eat them up with a spoon!

You were present in Denmark at that moment and you were standing that close to everyone? Lucky you, I'm jeolous :rolleyes: :lol: Did you take any pictures yourself?

I've tried to make photos, but unfortunately it was impossible :sad:
First I was standing near the church on the street, and there it was where I saw Mary that close (and wow, she has the most perfect skin I've ever seen)
After the ceremony I was at the gate to the cemetery, I've seen the royals quite good, but the pics I took aren't good.

But I've took very nice pictures of the village and the the church (it was open on sunday), I've eaten wedding cake at "mormors lille cafe and meet Maries
aunt and another relative there.

It was a very exiting sunny weekend.

Elsa, we always share the same opinion about wedding gowns! ;)
Extremely boring dress, very "Pronovias" style.

Oh but I love "Pronovias!" They have breathtaking designs. I admit that in some photos the bride's gown looks deceptively simply...but up close the detailing on the embroidery is just beautiful. And her hair, tiara and veil are the last word in exquisite.

I agree with the poster who said this was a much more beautiful wedding than the Peter Phillips one...this wedding had a real "Royal" feel to it and even though Autumn Kelly looked lovely, there was something about that wedding that just had a sort of "redneck" vibe to it.

No offense to any Britons, or rednecks for that matter!

Last edited:
Oh but I love "Pronovias!" They have breathtaking designs. I admit that in some photos the bride's gown looks deceptively simply...but up close the detailing on the embroidery is just beautiful. And her hair, tiara and veil are the last word in exquisite.

I agree with the poster who said this was a much more beautiful wedding that the Peter Phillips one...this wedding had a real "Royal" feel to it and even though Autumn Kelly looked lovely, there was something about that wedding that just had a sort of "redneck" vibe to it.

Totally, totally agree!
Hated Autumn's hairdo --- all that hair around her face --- hairdo was too flat. She needed more color in her face --- more make-up would have helped.
The bridemaids' dresses with the obvious tan lines --- this wasn't a garden or beach wedding. I'm surprised that the bridesmaids didn't walk down the aisle wearing sunglasses - Hollywood style! They were getting married in St. George's Chapel! So old and historic --- show some class for crying out loud!
Just shows that all the money in the world cannot buy class

Last edited by a moderator:
Im a bit late but congrats to the couple,the bride looked lovely,her dress is simple and nice! Princess mary looked stunning as always!!!

I agree with the poster who said this was a much more beautiful wedding that the Peter Phillips one...this wedding had a real "Royal" feel to it and even though Autumn Kelly looked lovely, there was something about that wedding that just had a sort of "redneck" vibe to it.

Totally, totally agree!
Hated Autumn's hairdo --- all that hair around her face --- hairdo was too flat. She needed more color in her face --- more make-up would have helped.
The bridemaids' dresses with the obvious tan lines --- this wasn't a garden or beach wedding. I'm surprised that the bridesmaids didn't walk down the aisle wearing sunglasses - Hollywood style! They were getting married in St. George's Chapel! So old and historic --- show some class for crying out loud!
Just shows that all the money in the world cannot buy class

The strapless gowns in historic St George's were a bit much, weren't they?? They should have worn shawls. And there is one picture where Zara Phillips is yacking it up and her boobies were about to spill out of her dress. As a matter of fact, there was several young women who seemed to be busting out of their gowns. I know that Peter isn't Royal technically but he IS the monarch's grandson, after all.

The whole look of the Marie-Joachim wedding reminded me of a Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale, right down to the uniforms the men wore. The guests looked Royal and/aristocratic and yet it had warmth and family too. I was pleasantly surprised because frankly I have not been that impressed with Miss Cavallier up to now. But this is a good start!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pity you didn't see the wedding directly on TV.

I had an uninterrupted live stream to my laptop :flowers: and considering it's a 19 inch screen, the clarity was wonderful. A beautiful occasion to have witnessed.

Just a reminder that this thread isn't for discussions of Peter Phillips's wedding; we have a thread for that in this forum too.

Thank you.

Elspeth

Royal Weddings moderator

I liked Princess Marie's dress on her. It suited her petite frame and didn't overpower. It would not have liked it on somone of Mette-Marit body type. She did look the part of a princess.

I agree with CaliforniaDreamin in saying that this was a good start.

What I didn't like was Marie's tan. It looks fake !

I agree! It reminds me of those horrible spray tans that are so popular with American celebrities.

Does anyone have a link to a photo of the cake (I know that the reception was private, but perhaps some photos have been released)? I have searched everywhere, but have not been able to find anything.

I have always thought Joachim looks so much older than Frederik, who has a real "baby face". I was surprised to learn that he is younger.
He is also much more interesting. His brother seems dull compared to him.
(My opinion, of course).

I was wondering if there was a shot of Marie's shoes as she stepped out of the car or into the car as they were leaving the church?

Thanks

Hi LadyS

I tried to get a glimps of her shoes in the church (I was one of a few journalists who got a seat inside the church) but Marie never showed them. If you want to read more about the wedding and what happened inside the church: Jennys kungliga blogg - Svensk Damtidning (in english and wedish)

Have a nice day!
Jenny

Thanks for the info - it would have been nice to see them. But I guess most shots of princesses shoes are by chance (at their weddings anyway)

does anybody know if Marie and Joachim on their honeymoon and where?

does anybody know if Marie and Joachim on their honeymoon and where?

They are away on their honeymoon but we and the press don´t know wher they are...the one thing we and the press know is that both Nikolai and Felix is back home with their mum and stepdad.

They are away on their honeymoon but we and the press don´t know wher they are...the one thing we and the press know is that both Nikolai and Felix is back home with their mum and stepdad.
Lets hope it stays that way, so the can enjoy their honeymoon in private.

Although this Royal wedding was considered small they made up for it with just pure regal class. Everthing was in excellent taste

Back
Top Bottom